Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Apahanta From: General Freeman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Recipient: The Apahanta
Topic: Invite

[Image: 31_07_2019_11_10_48_2290000_1.gif]
Identification:
Maxwell Freeman
General

Good Day!

So I don't know who am I will be speaking to so I will simply introduce myself. I'm Maxwell Freeman, General of The Sirius Syndicate. We are a Mercenary Company, and I saw your ship near the Barrier Gate. So I looked a bit around and found out that you belong to the Freelancers too.

Now I wonder if you would like to join our ranks, I can promise you that you will not regret it. You will earn good money, and we will give you some great benefits. I will go as far and say that we are probably the fastest-growing Mercenary Company in the whole Sirius Sector. I'm sure we can offer you everything you want to join our ranks. I would be more than glad if I would hear something from you!

If you would like to have any additional informations please contact me over this channel.

Maxwell Freeman, The Sirius Syndicate

Attachments:

[Image: XNOnMEW.png]
[Image: hextasy_by_monkeymagico_d50c51x_by_rhulaner-dawxgb4.png]

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] receiving transmission
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] identifying encryption
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] applying available decryption keys
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] processing transmission
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] format: text
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] checking transmission for hazardous content
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] status: trusted
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] tracing neural net ID
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] trusted neural net ID recognized
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] loading neural net avatar
[Image: fFjZi4I.png] playing transmission

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

Good day, Mr. Freeman.

My name is Ezrael Vertiga, I am the Captain of the Apahanta. While I can already tell you we are not interested in joining any groups or factions - simply for the sake of not getting into trouble for other people's mistakes - I'd still like to learn a bit more about your Syndicate. You know, things like who are you, what exactly are you doing, who are you currently working for, where are you operating, et cetera, et cetera.

Who knows, maybe we can co-operate from time to time, if the conditions are right.

[Image: fFjZi4I.png] attachments: 0

Identification:
Maxwell Freeman
General

Hello Mr. Vertiga

So let me say it like that we are not the one who gets in trouble, we instead call ourself problem-solvers for money of course. But I can understand your reasons that you won't join us. So about who I am.. I think I say enough when I tell you that I'm an ex-soldier who now works as free Mercenary, I once served in the Liberty Navy and the Liberty Police...

What do we do? Well, as said we support and solve problems if the price is right, so let's say you have some unlawful subject that caused some issues for you. You will contact us, and I can assure you that no matter how big this target will be that we will get it. That's why I like to say that we are problem solvers.

So who are we working for currently... Regularly I would keep this secret from a not well know person.. since this has something to do with discreet working conditions, but I also understand that you will need to know this if you would like to cooperate with us... so we currently work for Two houses and some of their inhabited factions. We work for the House of Liberty and the House of Bretonia. Mostly right now we operate in the Taus to hunt down the Gallic forces and supporters. Our base of operation is currently on the Barrier Gate station, but this can change from time to time.

I hope I answered you all the questions that you wanted to know, but I hope that you understand that there is also some information that I really can't give out to you.

Attachments:

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

Hm, strongly reminds me of the first days of the Forlorn Hope. Well, good luck against Gallia. Bretonia and Liberty can use any help they get out there. With the defeat in the Cortez system, the war might have reached the turning point now.

Anyway, we're less interested in combat. Finding spare parts for Eagles and Sabres tends to be easier than repairing a Mako-class warship. Finding new pilots is easier than replacing engineers, scientists and administrative personnel. You get the idea. Our focus lies on exploration, salvaging, information trading and partially even research, as well as hunting down Cult of Technology assets, although it appears that they have ceased their operations in Sirius. However, should you come across anything related to them, I wouldn't mind negotiating about a deal.

Identification:
Maxwell Freeman
General

Hello again, Mr. Vertiga

Its good to hear from you again. Well, what I can assure you is that the gallic "crown" won't be able to withstand a new force that will push them back. With our highly trained mercenaries and soldiers, we will be a good help in this meaningless war...

Indeed I agree on all points with you that the maintenance of a Mako-Class warship is more complicated and finding the right personnel is sure, not easy either. If one of our ships gets destroyed, the replacement goes relatively quick to ensure the maxed out efficiency. I never had the honor to command a Capital Warships, and I probably can't imagine how hard it is to be in charge of one. However, I like the idea of how you operate such a ship as a non-combat Warship. I also think it's needed that people like you are around, without people like you we would probably still be in the stone age.

I think it's rather interesting that you mentioned the Cult of Technology. Sadly or luckily however you want to take it I never saw them in action for quite a while... but I might have something that could interest you. Maybe we could meet sometimes, and I show you what I gathered over the years... only if you are interested of course.

Attachments:

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

I'm afraid I can't agree to a personal meeting, mostly for security reasons, but you have my interest. What exactly are you talking about?

Identification:
Maxwell Freeman
General

Hello again, Mr. Vertiga

I can understand this security measurement, so I will provide you what you need to know.. I would have been glad to meet you, but it is how it is...

So as said, I managed to salvage some technology from them. What I mean with that is that I currently own a few Scientific Data and how it seems Class 8 weapons that I got from destroying their ships... they are more or less just laying around as junk on a highly secured ship... but sadly I don't have any real need to use them since they are kinda useless.. I had the idea to try to extend their efficiency, but my knowledge is not big enough to let's say "upgrade" them...

Attachments:

Neural Net ID
EZRAEL VERTIGA

Mr. Freeman, I'm not sure whether our limited knowledge on Manticore Beam Cannons can help you, but my Chief Engineer has taken a few looks at the Manticores we managed to aquire. I will give him access to this communiqué and tell him to contact you in time, if you want that.

Of course I can't promise anything.

Topic: Cult of Technology weapons

Identification:
Maxwell Freeman
General

Mr. Vertiga

I would be more than glad if your engineer could share some pieces of information about those weapons every bit would help. Maybe I would be able to figure out something with that information... I would also offer you money if you desired that.. cash is never a problem or not in the near future..

I'm looking forward to talking to your chief engineer...

Attachments:

[Image: 47FcShn.png]

Neural Net ID
LEON ISLEY

Good day.

My Captain asked me to take a look at our pair of Manticore Beam-Accelerated Cannons for you. I'll say straight away I'm not an expert on them, but with the Cult of Technology being rather unwilling to share their technology, I'm probably one of the few people outside that Cult that understands a bit about them. I haven't finished my in-depth report on them yet, but the Captain told me to answer your comm anyway.

First of all, while the gun emits beams, those beams are not what damages the target. In fact, these beams are proton-based accelerator rays that allow projectiles to reach extraordinarily high velocity. The beams move at the speed of light, the projectiles don't. It is sort of a very intimidating but also pretty helpful optical illusion. Helpful, as in, you know you should turn on the afterburners the moment you see these beams targeting your ship, because the projectiles will hit you very, very, very shortly after. Since the snub-version of this technology is however short-ranged, there is not much delay. It is different with the carrier-type Heavy Manticore Beams.

Technically we are able to reproduce these guns, at least for snubs. However, the resources required for the production of these beasts are hilariously rare and expensive, while the biggest problem is the fact that sirian and probably gallic ships are not made to support these guns. They will never be as efficient as on a Cultist drone ship. This is why you will rarely find ships using these salvaged guns despite the fact that there are quite a bunch of them out there.

Before one can even think about upgrading them, these guns need to be refitted to work optimized on non-Cultist ships. The major issue here are power supply and heat exchange. From the analysis of drone remains, we know the drone ships are, well, drone ships. They are remotely controlled by carrier vessels of the VS-0074 type or similar. While remote-controlled ships aren't a mindblowing new invention - not at all - these ships have been specialized on it. They can endure more heat and can compensate for more heat, meaning they can support a higher energy production. That means more energy for the gun, and means, compared to the adaptions we can do for those guns on snub-sized vessels, more oomph and faster refire.

There are two ways how to deal with this. One could upgrade a vessel to be more like a Cultist ship. And with that I mean a drone ship, remotely controlled from a ship in the same system or equipped with an emergency automatic piloting system like the Apahanta Rovers. If one takes away all the stuff necessary to support a human life in a snub, it gives much space for other things. More heat sinks, capacitors, etc.

The other way would be to find a way to quote unquote upgrade the cannons in specific aspects. I do believe that is possible. Of course, on the downside, that means there needs to be compromise. Higher refire rate? Possible, but at the cost of multiple other aspects like damage output.

Both ways are rather expensive and will take a lot of time. You will need to get some experts and skilled engineers for that. That is a project for a team, not just one man. Chances of failing are high, chances of running out of CoT materials are high. Chances are the result won't be better than streamlined military equipment on the open market. It would be one hell of an expensive toy.

This concludes my, uh, quote unquote report.

Pages: 1 2