Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Johann Wagner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: Johann Wagner

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 173 lbs
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Deep Blue

Planet/Station of Origin: Planet Holstein

Background Information:
A miner, a dull hollow miner whose life commitment is nothing more but extracting ore all day. A person who creates an item, but is not allowed to to keep it. That is my future, for I'm the son of a miner and I shall become a miner too. Just like my father, my grandfather and my grand-grand father. Yes, our generation is as grey as the smoky mountains where the Wagner Family goes to work. What is more frightening than to foresee your summarized life of forty years of routined hard labor? Not even death itself can express this level of torment.

"No." I said, and slammed my hand on the table so hard that I captured the attention of my whole family.

"What is wrong Johann?" My dad questioned with a puzzled face.

"I refuse to become a miner. I rather die right now than to follow a life-long punishment."

My dad recognized the seriousness in my tone. He took a chair and proceeded to sit next to me. He took three long breaths and then said:

"Let me tell you something son. Once, when I was a young man, very close to your age I thought exactly the same. I had seen several occasions where my own father had come home after a long working day, exhausted, wishing that his life would end right there. But he kept on working, every single day, why? Because he was responsible to bring food on the table, without him we would have been starving to death. And as my father was responsible for other lives than his own, so will you one day. Johann... you have no education, no proficiency and no money. Mining, is all that you got and it will be the only thing you will have. Accept your fate."

"But dad, I know how to fly a vessel! Remember when I had to assist you in piloting the Humpbacks? Maybe I can enlist myself to the Military, I heard they need good pilots."

My dad responded with an outburst of laughter. "Haha, son, I didn't know the Wagners had a dreamer. A Rheinland Kriegsmarine you say? Hahaha! Son, you will not even pass the enlisting procedure."

Now my whole family joined in my father's laughter. Oh they all laughed at me and pointed their fingers at my direction. All of them carried a smirk on their faces too.

I felt abandoned and frustrated but most of all, humiliated. Even my very own father had no fate in me. I would prove him wrong, I would prove all of them wrong!

*And so... Johann stole his father's Humpback and traveled as fast as he could to the New Berlin system in order to enlist himself to the Rheinland Military.*