Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Allies in New London & All forces against the Gallic Menace / from: BAF Admiralty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: One For the Road

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

To all the Valiant Forces in New London orbit, and all brave souls, no matter the location, fighting against the Gallic oppressor,

The Admiralty salutes you.

We are in the Final Hour, the fight that decides the fate of all free peoples of Sirius.

All available forces are to converge on the planet, the Gallic fleet is at our door, knocking with purpose, asking for our freedom to be forfeit.
We must let Him know we are at home, and that our home is not welcoming of such an ask.

Not everyone is going to survive this. The space around New London may become our graves.
But no matter how many die, how much loss is endured, we will not surrender to fear, and if we find our selves in ruin,
we will fight anew, until our peoples are delivered from harms way.

I leave with you some words of wisdom.

Rudyard Kipling 'If—’

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

Hold, and we win this war.
Fall, and we will find the strength to continue.

Commodore John Redmond
Dreadnought Venerable, New London Orbit
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated

Encryption: Earl Grey
To: Commodore John Redmon

[Image: wDG93KN.png]

Commodore.

I've been privy with a man that even O'Brian would say that he was the only one able to spun the most gracious and heart inspiring speech to our forces and allies, a feat of words that would live on through eternity. Unfortunately that man, at that time, was nothing more than a selfish fool willing to throw those we are trying to save in the way of harm, if it meant his survival. That man is now dead and with the highest of honors attributed to him and his name.

He, in his last hour, did not weaved words. Did not roused his men spirits. He raged at his enemies. He despaired. He died standing.

He had been through change before his demise, for someone fought for him when he despaired the most. In it, he said he saw our true mission. Not for Queen and House. Not for our way of life, or traditions. Just pure and simple the need to avenge those that already have fallen and to protect those that buckle under the sound of cannons and cries of no hope.

There are children, down at New London, that only know one reality over their whole lives, one truth. War. It has plagued our House for more than a decade. There is not a single family untouched by it. Our people in Leeds endure prosecution and tyranny, all of them, billions that we still cannot reach. People that only know despair.

And some can argue, that the zenith of our times is now. The last round in the fight against evil. To show that will not bow, and if it comes to it, we would rather break. That we must stand united to hold fast against the darkness. Press on. Stand true. I would reply with: "Courageous words." Motivational speeches to become better than what you are, are a dime a dozen, and that man knew them all. Each one of them capable to rouse a man's spirit from the grave. But they do not give sustenance in the last hour.

I have met men, courageous men, their spirit filled with full words, that when that despair of defeat ultimately arrived, they soiled their pants. And yet, the ones that truly know despair, truly know the pain that pulses through our people, far and wide, are the ones that take it and stand to the last, until the end, letting it flow through them in the meek hope that their actions will save a few from this curse that abates us for so long.

That is the only thing worth fighting for in this war.

So, grab that inch of despair inside your heart, and fuel it. Grab that rage boiling inside you and let it grow. Fight not for you. Fight not for the Queen and House.

Fight for all of us.

I will link with the 25th Luton, against the orders of the Admiralty of us being in snubcraft. I am a monster best unleashed and in my element, and will not leave my men alone in their final hour of despair and rage.

Godspeed, Commodore.

Kaze Nelson Reidman Dagon
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies
Incoming Transmission...

Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Sender: Rear Admiral Grey Evans
Topic: The End

[Image: XdhqevO.jpg?2]
Date: 7/17/826
[Image: 5th.png]

Commodore Redmond, Bretonia Armed Forces,

The Liberty Navy is relocating our fleets at Kensington to Planet New London. Liberty stands ready to defend New London, no matter the cost. One way or another, this conflict will end, victory or death.

For Freedom! For Liberty! For Bretonia!

Rear Admiral Grey Evans
Liberty Navy 5th Fleet

[Image: hleth6y.gif]

Sender: Sr.Agent Ferocity
Recipient ID: Allies against The Gauls
Encryption: Absolute

Good day

The Fidelity is breaking away from combat in the Leeds system and will join the main fleets around Planet New London within Twenty Four or so hours. These moments are crucial and we all should be prepared for very little sleep in the days to come. Know the Liberty Security Force Battlegroup Fidelity will be here until the end. Just as our crest says, Loyalty, Strength, Freedom. See you on the Battlefield.

In Service To The Republic of Liberty
Senior Agent Ferocity, Liberty Security Force

Attachments:

[Image: 6tGewOB.gif]
>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>OPEN BROADCAST<<<

[Image: 4hyMIZQ.jpg]

'Bout time the hangman came 'knockin for the Gauls in New London. The folks in Leeds are rooting for all those fighting Gallia! New London is where the line is drawn! You can count on us to be out keeping the lanes down in Leeds until all of this is over! Need us for anything, just say the word.

Stay strong Bretonia!

Standing by,
Jonas Hudson

Long Live the Queen! Long Live the Resistance!

[Image: p2k7YnX.jpg]

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<
- Message Class: Audio Visual -

-= Standard encryption =-

[Image: ewnxBXM.png]

Priority: High
To: All allied forces

"I will keep this short. All forces under my command are gathering at the Planet to stand for Queen and country once more. Our enemy has taken a beating and like a wounded beast it will strike in despair. Do not shudder in its sight but fight with a smile for this will be the victory all of us have waited and worked for. Let me quote from a writer of the old English: Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the dogs of war."

Encryption: None
To: System-wide transmission, New London

[Image: ViUnlFC.png]

Oye. Bretonians. Listen up!
This is your planet. And this is your home. This is your moment. You may think that you're scared.... But you're not. That isn't fear. That's your sharpness. That's your power!

*Someone starts drumming on a crate, others soon follow*

We are Bretonians. Nothing in the world is foreign to us. The place we go, is the place we belong. This is no different! No-one has more right to this! None more prepared! Gaul dogs came to our space, and call it their own! But WE conquered it! We are Bretonians! We are strong, We are Sharp! And We don't feel fear! This moment belongs to us! For Bretonia!

Pria Y'berg
Captain
HMS-Orion
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies