Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Data Ping | To: "Blackfox"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Open Space, Omicron-Tau System
5, aout, 743 A.G.S

Sender: Darche, .
Recipient: "Blackfox", Maltese.
Topic: Data-ping.

DATA STREAM FORWARD >>

Transmission End

To: Omer Darche
Subject: Vatan

[Image: MNZDWbA.png]
Omer Darche,

Quite an interesting turn of events, I must admit. Your presence in the system prompted us to act immediately after our recent experience with several Nomad [ 1 , 2 ] hostile incursions into our systems. We've done our job and you evaded us effectively. On the other side, You uncloaked on purpose and made me follow you, which worked perfectly. Seeing as Ghosts disappeared prior to that, i assume this was pre-planned to test who are we siding with, i must note that we were and will always be protecting Malta from anyone daring to lay hand on her.

I'm a naturally curious person, and after receiving your message In the midst of writing a report i was astonished to read it. Currently, my mind revolves about you being a Captain of a Gallic Battlecruiser with technology of possibly Nomad origin, protecting Malta and using NOX for rehabilitation, while granted full access to restricted Military zone and its mooring berths. Who literally took me on a sightseeing tour around our sun. With all respect, this is like a bad comedy. But, so far, nobody except IRMM Administrators know about the "Data-ping".

My question therefore stands: Who are you and how did you manage all of this.
And second: Can we trust you?

~IRMM Agent Blackfox

Open Space, Omicron-Tau System
5, aout, 743 A.G.S

Sender: Omer Darche, .
Recipient: "Blackfox", IRMM.

Blackfox.

Yes, it was a test. Truthfully I found it to have succeeded in getting the information we wanted. Say as you will, you instantly called for support as well as didn't instantly have your systems mark us as anything other than what I assume to be an enemy vessel, or other hostile entity. What this tells me is that the National Council did not set forth information relays of past dealings, as many others have before them for when the next upstart group powers it's way into Malta's throne.

For clarity's sake, I am not the Capitane of the vessel you encountered. I run it's communications and recon work. As to the nature of what we do and what we are, I'm sure you got enough of your own sensory data spooling out what that could be. To you it may be a bad comedy, for us it's simply testing the waters. Unless you convince us otherwise, there seems to be little point in pressing on with this until yet another upstart family on Malta takes things over and we do this dance all over again.

As to who I am. I am Omer Darche. I've long since lost any real titles or positions, they don't really mean much in my line of work. As to how we did this? Work. Dedication. Working and making agreements with the "Ghosts of Razgriz". From there, the "Crimson Cross". Then lastly, the National Council. Each one looked to the past agreements and workings and have decided to uphold them. Surely, as the political seasons change on Malta we sometimes must ignore the region, but we're always around.

And the last question. I wish people stopped asking that. If I say yes, then what? It is your trust, mon ami. It is yours to use, not ours.

Omer Darche

Transmission End

Subject: Re: Data ping.

Correct, we've never received any information whatsoever since we took the power in Omicron Phi. If we want to uphold the past dealings, we'd like to know what those include. As for the trust, we know about someone who has a connection to The Oracles and is willing to speak with you in a far more friendly manner than the current rest of the Military. Kind of person that was always known and even seen fighting alongside Spirits and destroying common enemies of Malta, never turning against it.

Your ship is a work of the brightest minds then, hands down for such an Achievement. But your transponder reports non-human origin and that, currently, is no-bueno for standing Malta politics due to agreements with Bretonia and Rheinland. Nevertheless, the space of Omicron Phi gives us a lot of breathing grounds, if you know what i mean.

~IRMM Agent Blackfox

Open Space, Tau-23 System
6, aout, 743 A.G.S

Blackfox.

I doubt it would be wise to include the Oracles. They are a maddened bunch of cultists who stray from practical thoughts and "worship" the Lights like archaic clans of legend back on Sol. If it's someone outside of their robes then by all means I'd talk to them, however due to the Oracle's past actions my boss doesn't take lightly to them.

Past dealings were and are complicated. Originally, we had a small operational base in Bastia and was given free flight within Maltese space, including around the black hole. Basic rights of a Maltese person. In exchange, we assisted in matters of the Light, or "Nomadic" topics. We also swore to answer calls for any operations, internally or externally. And, of course, see that the Orange Route continues untouched. It's been altered and changed slightly, keeping us more towards the shipyards in Omicron-Tau and Alpha. But the general feel of the agreement remained the same. We provide a link and assistance when needed, we're allowed free roam and minor rights in Maltese space.

The ship in question, the Vatan, is or was a Pious-class Battlecruiser of Gallia. State-of-the-art technology, full works. As mentioned before your scanner data picked up how much that remains true. Even if we wanted to broadcast false transponder identification pings, visual data gives away the nature of the ship as you have seen. Any modern scanner will ping us as non-human due to the amount of reworked and frankly "xenological" surrounding and within the ship. I'll be frank by saying that this aspect won't change. If anything, it'll continue to adapt to become more like them, less human.

I hope this answers at least most of your queries.

Omer Darche

Transmission End

This person wasn't involved in any past actions that caused Oracles to be banned from Maltese space, in truth, he wasn't even a member back then. He is a simple follower of the Light as you may say. And due to the nature of sirian humans, we foresee numerous attempts to form a smearing campaign against Maltese Nacion. Which isn't something we'd take lightheartedly under the current conditions.

Therefore we ask you to provide more fine grained information about your ship and its equipment to be considered for approval. And further, we do not recall seeing your ship in Maltese space for at least one year, where have you been ?

~IRMM Agent Blackfox

Open Space, Tau-23 System
7, aout, 743 A.G.S

Blackfox.

We have little intention to smear anything if that is a concern. If you want this person to speak to us, fine. Their agent's actions in space have caused great grief however.

As for the ship. Once more, it's a Pious-class Battlecruiser. As for equipment I'm not sure what you want me to say. Most of it is bog-standard royal navy tech. If you want information on the non-human aspects? What do you even want me to say? I can't read off manufacturer codes. There's tendrils just about everywhere, both within and outside of the vessel. About a third, if not more, of the vessel has been overtaken by nomadic growths, and hull repairs have been instead replaced with a strong carbon-metallic alloy that I can't really say more about. I'm not a metallurgist or doctorate engineer.

Past that, some of the tendrils on the outside of the vessel act to expel energy. Some are for combative purposes, some are to control the cloud that surrounds the vessel, or communication to my understanding. Past that, I'm not going to hand over every single internal data-point so code monkeys can scan out weaknesses or something. I shouldn't have to explain that even more that the ship is more than half xenologic in nature at this point.

Seeing as we've been in Maltese space, I'm not sure what you are on about. Our vessel roams the Omicrons, or Gallic-occupied space. Sometimes as far as Bretonian space. You seem to mistake that you are the "new kids on the block". Check docking logs on Venice, we've docked there within the last month.

Omer Darche

Transmission End

Omer Darche,

We meant that if we give you full access, Other groups might try to destroy what are we currently working on. We apologize if we haven't been clear enough in that matter.

Thank you for the more detailed description about the Nomad tissue residing on your warship, it helped in considering your permission.

Now to sum this all up: You have entered a restricted Military space of Omicron Phi, with Nomadic technology. Played a cat and mouse game with us and didn't even care to stop when our Military came to aid in Omicron Alpha. Surprised to see us protecting our space. Awaiting us to follow years old deals between currently non-existent National-Council, Crimson Cross and 101st Ghosts of Razgriz. With no evidence of protecting Cardamine trade and requesting permission from "new kids on the block". Unless you learn to fly smaller ships instead of Capitals, and using proper communication protocols, we have no intention of allowing you docking on Any Maltese Installation.

"Deez kool kids" are therefore quoting the following:

(08-06-2019, 01:02 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: ieqSV3F.png]

COMM-ID: Eliza Valdez
Subject: Re: *****
Priority: *****

As for the Nomads and their creations - they are still unwelcome in our sovereignty and as such you are authorized to make them leave, by lethal force if need be.

Attachments: *****

We thank you for your prior help in the service of Maltese Navy.
If you have evidence of direct aid towards Maltese vessels, we will reconsider your permission.

~Istituto di Ricerca Militare Maltese

-, -
10, aout, 743 A.G.S

Blackfox.

If you intended to turn us away with your childish behaviour, I wish you had at least said so up front. I did not want to have to waste my time attempting to explain it to your ill informed existence how things work. We'll wait until someone competent retakes power within Malta's political sphere. Not that you even have much say in it as it stands.

Omer Darche

Transmission End