Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Étendard Noir - Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: rCo1nlf.png]

ÉTENDARD NOIR

To join the Black Standard means to give up every hope you may have had of anything else.

You must agree to the following:

You will disregard all your previous ties, you will not be caught up in any matter that your past life could haunt you with.

You will disregard all concerns for your own safety, that of your squad mates, and that of any military or civilian targets in the face of an objective.

You shall pledge to serve nothing and no one except the rebirth of humanity which we intend to bring about by the destruction of the current human society.

You shall accept anyone who supports our cause whatever their background and give them aid, and destroy anyone who does not.

Abide by these terms and the Étendard could welcome you. We accept all nationalities and former affiliations if they will abide by our principles. By submitting your application, we expect you to have understood our principles.

We wish for you to describe in your own words how and why you expect to fit into the Black Standard. You can list your name, age, nationality, height, weight, corporate background, or anything else you wish. None of it is required, simply write what you consider relevant about yourself.

// Supply discord information or PM to Karst#9846
I am Emilie-Sophie de Belmond and, in the recent past - i have been a high-ranked officer of the Marine Royale. Loyal, committed to the cause.

I have never served Charles, i had no interest playing political games of the monarchs.
I served the Gallia itself, making no differene or quarter to it's enemies, slaying them all alike in the field and space, and only responded to Chanteloup herself.. In months, i have stricked through the ranks and earned my right to lead the force much greater i could have ever hoped to achieve. With renewed vigor, i pushed onwards, delivering the justice to those who dared to oppose me.

It was before i was confronted with the fact that they no longer need my service, and that my efforts are ultimately gone in vain, all my combat prowess and those i brought down to their knees in the name of Gallia - means nothing in the prolonged perspective.
Threw me and everything i sought in life away, like disposable trash. Left me stranded.

For this House i sought salvation. Fought selflessly to make it happen with my own hands. And all of it was in vain.
So - give me a new purpose to fight, if that means burning the entirety of the Houses with the inclusion of Gallia and Hispania - i am not against seeing that to happen, and commit myself to that cause.

Are you ready to give a new purpose to a person left stranded?
ETENDARD NOIR

Name: Constantin Flament
Nationality: Gallic
Occupation Background: EFL Security pilot.

This world and nation have strayed too far from right; lies, deception, sin, false biased and unbalanced systems that claim to regulate people lives. I had believed that a god exists in this world and that he may steer us back to the correct path - I was naïve. No god exists, nor any hope of correction or salvation to our kind.

Violence should be met with more excessive violence, by the time I am done, there will be no unworthy man still alive and a new utopia reborn from the ashes of this deceptive illusion. My resentment is immeasurable, and my life is ruined.

You may be wondering what my motive is. It's better you don't ask - my motive is mine and mine only. All you need to know is that I'll be as useful to you as you will be useful to me. Decline my offer, and you will all find yourselves next locking in to my bloodied guillotine.

ÉTENDARD NOIR

"Emilie-Sophie;

To give new purpose to those that have despaired in finding it elsewhere is the Étendard's reason for existence. And in casting off the shackles of the Royaume, whether as a Royalist soldier as you were, or a simple citizen, we cannot fall into the trap of enslaving ourselves to yet another organization.
Only in true liberty, only when we can be truly certain that no one stands above us or below, will we find our salvation.

I will be happy to give you a new home, though it won't be a comfortable one. Your combat experience will be greatly appreciated."

"Constantin;

Keep your motive then. I consider a touch of mystique to be a suggestive of a strong character. But when we are flying together, you must expect me to make an attempt to reveal some of it, if we live long enough. Perhaps the prospect of imminent demise will lift the veil.
Until then, I will take you up on your offer of gratuitous immolation.

I hope you managed to get a ship or two from your former employer, we can certainly use them."

-Étienne

ÉTENDARD NOIR

"To the people;

Our cause is unfulfilled and worse still, many positions we had scouted out for intervention have dropped off as opportunities.
To join the Étendard is a worse choice now than it ever was, and if you value your freedom or your life, you should not even consider it.

If you value neither and are still inclined to our cause, go ahead."

-Étienne

You might have heard of me; I may be arrogant to think you might have. I am David Laurent, a professor of political theory and lecturer at Université de Nouveau Paris.
As what I hope is not too pretentious a show of my credentials, I include an excerpt from Anarchism: From Sol to Sirius, authored by myself.
--
Through the unguided meandering of humanity’s societal development, our species has, collectively, and unwittingly, forged the chains of its own enslavement. As hapless, social creatures, we have facilitated the exponential growth, merging, and interconnection of our societies, corresponding with an exponential growth of power held by the ruling class. All efforts to break these chains have been thwarted – first through force, later through mass indoctrination and the stifling of truly free thought. The propagation of ideologies that serve the perpetuity of the status quo is a success of those in power that spans millennia. Populations remain divided on the inconsequential, but united against the meaningfully extreme.

It is, perhaps, a failing of mine and my fellow thinkers past and present, that the theories and arguments for real societal change remain untenable. Perhaps these are intrinsically untenable things. Bitter is the thought that mankind’s path is an unavoidable one; more bitter still is the thought that nothing short of bloody revolution could tear us from our relentless march away from real freedom.
--
Yet this most bitter of thoughts is one I cannot untangle.

ÉTENDARD NOIR

"David;

I fear when we find ourselves talking theory, I will find myself wholly out of depth with your credentials. This much I can tell you right away: I am committed fully to the path I have chosen without glancing back, but while I like to present great confidence in my choices, in truth I am filled with many doubts. I would like to believe only fools lack those.
My comrades and myself could learn a great deal from you. Admittedly, I've no experience with the world of academia, and I've always made an effort not to discriminate honest persons making an effort for their unfamiliarity with theory, considering my own knowledge is rather limited - still, I will always consider it an asset.

If nothing else - and indeed, there will be little else - I can offer you our best efforts the true freedom; even if it may only end in a moment in which you know that your own death was by your freedom of choice. That is the path you would be committing to, although you give me the impression that you understand that already."
-Étienne