Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Hernan Escudero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Good day Señor Escudero,

My name is Arthur Perez, Lead Journalist and Senior Editor for the Maltese News Service. I'm sure your people are aware of what the News Service is given that our broadcasts often intersect with one another. Should you not, then simply ask. Otherwise, I'd like to get to the focus of what my call is about.

I'm hoping that you would be willing to provide clarity as to the intent of this news broadcast. The News Service has intentions of airing a special report on this particular transmission within the coming days, and some insight on the subject from the man who spoke it would greatly help to convey the proper message for our anchors to converse about. Should you be willing, I have a number of questions the News Service has asked concerning this topic, and I'll ensure that this takes up as little of your time as possible. Should you not, then we will make do with what information can be made from the broadcast itself and go from there.

Thank you, Señor Escudero.

[Image: BU7dlK2.png]
República Unitaria Maltesa de Hispania

Incoming Message

[Image: 3Mjboss.gif]

Sender: Hernan Escudero
Recipient: Arthur Perez
Subject:

Buenos dias,
We are surely aware of your broadcasting company. While you represent the political force that is not on good terms back on Malta, I see no problems with indulging you to ask the questions you are interested in.

Respetuosamente,
Hernan Luis Escudero Grijalva

End of Message

Good day,

Gracias. I will do my best to take as little time of yours as possible.

Firstly, one of our own wished to inquire what the brief structure of the 'Maltese Unitary Republic of Hispania' was like. Is it one that aligns with the methods of the National Council before, where power was invested in the few by the fewer, or is it something different? I'm sure many within the Republic can go on and on about how what happens is different than what is said, and while it is true, I'm sure no one wants the same to happen with our beloved Malta.

Secondly, what are the goals of 'Maltese Hispania' aside from those that were already stated? It should be clear that Malta has no interest in working with those that would see it fall, but what of the Cretans? What of the Crayterians, who signed legislature with the National Council? What of the other minor nations or organizations across Sirius that Malta has had a conflicting eye towards? Is this the dawn of a new age of Maltese imperialism?

Thirdly, what is the 'Basilica Treaty'? Many within the MNS offices, while understanding of possibly why, the mention of a treaty with the Kingdom of Bretonia. Are there any details that you can share about it, or any items that may persist to the longevity of the Maltese Nation?

Finally, why? The Nacion has seen four provisional governments collapse within the last decade, and for numerous reasons. Why was it decided to reform the government once more?

I understand if you will not be able to answer all of these, Señor, and I'm sure our audience will as well. Regardless, I thank you for taking the time to hear me out.

Thank you, Señor Escudero.

[Image: BU7dlK2.png]
República Unitaria Maltesa de Hispania

Incoming Message

[Image: 3Mjboss.gif]

Sender: Hernan Escudero
Recipient: Arthur Perez
Subject:

Senor Perez,
I will address the raised matters in the order presented in the form of bullet-points.

1. Structure of the Maltese Unitary Republic of Hispania. The Constitution of Maltese Hispania is being developed at the moment based on the
Constitution of Territorial and Interstellar Laws previously used by the National Council. At the moment, the pending structure of the ruling bodies was solidified, however can still be subject to change prior to the adoption of the new Constitution. The current structure of the government is reflecting the age-old traditions for governance of Malta and is designed to balance the interests of various stakeholders to preserve stability and coherence of our society. As for administrative division, Unitary Republic is, well, unitary, not federal in its organisation, the capital being Ravenna Naranja.

2. The goals of Maltese Hispania stem from the stellapolitical conditions Malta finds itself in, and our strategic interests to further prosperity and safety of the Unitary Republic. Diplomatic priorities of Maltese Hispania lie in further intensification of cooperation with Bretonia, finishing the Gallic war, and securing the Tau region in the post-war era. The stance on entities hostile to Malta remains unchanged.

Cretans and their imperialism are considered as detrimental to Malta. Their siding with the Gallic Royal Forces and aggressive actions against the Kingdom of Bretonia makes their position even more unfavourable. Our wayward brethren oppose Cardamine trade where possible, side with our enemies, and oppose our allies. Their aggressive imperialistic expansion poses a great concern for many other parties aside from Malta. While United Hispania is a great dream, our societies have grown very different over the centuries, and unless Cretans show any signs of finding common language, we see no need to re-consider our stance on official Crete.

Crayterians are at peace with Maltese Hispania at the moment following the Coronado Treaty and pose no interest to Malta. Their attempts at limited expansion in the Tau sector are a nuisance that can infuriate some people on Malta, but also contribute to putting down the Gauls. Their existence does not concern us as long as they do not meddle into Cardamine trade, otherwise Crayterian Republic with their few millions of population and weak economy, are insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

As for imperialism, the term itself relies on the basis of constant expansion for the sake of expansion. Malta has no interest in extensive increase of its territories that will be detrimental to Maltese stability and will stretch our borders too far, making them difficult to control. Maltese Hispania is interested exclusively in the zones of our interests where we are already projecting power and where we already have our presence, mainly Tau 37, Tau 23, Tau 53. I would say, that Malta is more interested in so called "inward perfection". You can call us isolationists, but aside from expansion of our trade and securing our borders, we are not interested in expanding anywhere.

3. Basilica Treaty is a treaty concluded between the then Nation of Malta and the Kingdom of Bretonia, re-formalising peace and cooperation between the nations, coordinating the warfare against the Gauls on the common Tau front, and providing basis for post-war regulation of the borders in the Tau sector, and means for preserving peace in Taus after the war. The secret part of the Treaty, obviously, is not for public eyes but I assure you it serves the stellapolitical interests of Maltese Hispania.

4. As the proverb says "Nature abhors a vacuum", including human nature. Existence of some government is beneficial to Maltese Hispania. We have existed for centuries without the formal government as a semi-feudal society. However, as the challenges we were facing changed, so changed the means of dealing with them. Having a body that can coordinate the efforts of our genius individuals and focus them for a singular purpose allows us to increase the efficiency of our policy, research, warfare, and other matters. As to why we did not return to the form of the National Council - we availed the opportunity after the Kingdom of Bretonia recognising Malta as the legitimate heir to Hispania. Increasing national pride, providing new image when dealing with lawful entities, and putting extra ideological pressure against the Corsairs.

I hope, the information provided will be of use to you. Now I have some matters to return to. I bid you good day.

Respetuosamente,
Hernan Luis Escudero Grijalva

End of Message