Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: General address to all Gallic military personnel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MARINE ROYALE GAULOISE
[Image: eS29bZ3.gif]
Nouveau message entrant.
Identifiant : Amiral de Gaule Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup
Unité : Cuirassé Le Téméraire, Nouveau-Londres system
Destinataire : ALL GALLIC MILITARY PERSONNEL, POLICE, INTELLIGENCE, EMBASSIES
[Image: 1515616180-isabelle-montlaville-de-chanteloup.png]
Sujet : Fin de partie.
10 août 742 A.G.S.
Ile-de-France

Chanteloup appears on screen, significantly more nervous and agitated than usual. Her surroundings are typical of that of a Valor bridge.

Messieurs, mesdames,

The Bretonian campaign is coming to a close. Last week, I have been instructed by our betters to expedite our offensive on London. Most of you are already aware that these instructions have been carried out and the bulk of our forces are now poised for what should be our final blow against the liberto-bretonian alliance. I don't know that a more formidable fleet has ever been gathered under a single banner before. It seemed an apt occasion to assume, once more, the command of the Téméraire.

I'll be frank with you, as I've always been in the past. This situation is not ideal, and not the one I had been aiming towards. Although we have managed to corner our enemy's fleet and cut them off from any possible reinforcement, our advantage is not as decisive as it should have been if this campaign had been run with the necessary precautions and foresight. Because of this, I have joined you, and I will lead unto the end, whichever that may be. The future of our entire nation lies in those next few days ; I will explain why, although I'm not expected to.

We may not find a welcoming parade when we return to Gallia with our victory. What was, during my days in internal security, a mere uprising content with information warfare and occasional skirmishes, has become an all-out revolution. Picardy is now firmly under the Conseillards' yoke, and there is very little the Marine can do about it now. They now possess functioning shipyards and several battlegroups a few systems away from Paris. I don't have the figures in mind, but I wouldn't be surprised if the current Bretonian navy wasn't a match for the Conseillard fleet.

The domain of our King diminishes with each passing day, while we've been bleeding to extend his reach beyond the confines of our homes. There it is, this terrible truth that's been haunting me for months and that I couldn't bear to keep it to myself, and myself alone. But don't let it bring you down, camarades. Not now. Instead, use it as a fuel. If we lose now, we lose everything. No matter what happens, Gallia will enter a new age, and its new ruling class will not look favourably upon us. Nor will the Sirians, for fairly obvious reasons.
But if we win, and I strongly believe that we shall, we will be the ones in positions of power. The Sirians will know us as the new guardians of Bretonia and the Taus, the Conseillards will fear us as the mighty fist of a once powerful king, that managed the impossible and beat back three nations, vassalised one and annexed another, in the span of a decade.

She smiles, faintly. I know I wouldn't want to have to deal with us, especially once London falls. So hear me, camarades. This is our time, the summit of our efforts. The prize of all your devotion, your sleepless nights, your watches, your dead friends and colleagues. It all stands before us now.

Come with me and take it.

PS : I'm keeping this channel open. If you have questions, ask, and I'll see what I can do. I won't do this again, better make the best of it.

The transmission fades.
Message de réseau neuronal

Identifiant: Joanne "Guillotine" de Fierbois
Destinataire: Amiral de Gaule Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup
Sujet: Fin de partie

[Image: fXN59IT.png]
[Image: 0T032Ng.png][Image: u2m3iRA.gif][Image: 0cwbXhG.png]
[Image: 4eoPt8P.png]

Mademoiselle Amiral,

merci for allowing last of Les Bohèmes to fly next to glorious La Marine Royale Gauloise flotte. Our wing was devastated long ago and we received no reinforcements so far. Of course, our vine supplies do keep coming, to fuel our battle morale.

I must deeply s'excuser. *bows deeply* I had a simple task: to fire as many interrupteur de croisière as I can. But, Bretonian fleet had more ships than I had interrupteur launchers on my bombardier. I failed. Our crews died.

I luckily escaped in my pod. Do I look pissed off? Sorry. But that's how I feel, Mademoiselle Amiral. We need more ships. We also need a better plan, as Bretonians are well entrenched in orbit of the Nouveau Londres planet. All they have to do is to fire their mortar cannons from safe distance and then charge on our crippled Valors.

I hope to gather more ships tomorrow and to see you on our flag ship, leading us to la victoire - personnellement!

Ça doit brûler! It must burn!

[Image: eS29bZ3.gif]
11th August 742 A.G.S.
RNS-Sombre.Destin - New London
[Image: unknown_21.png]

Sender: Commandant Pierre Vaillant.
Recipient: Amiral de Gaule Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup.
Subject: Fin de partie.

Amiral,

It is clear that is our Chant du Cygne which arrived. Your words about Gallia is very worrisome Amiral but I trust in our forces to bring us the final victory. My men and I are perfectly know what we have to do and we are not going to fail. Glory rains down on us this day.

I have moved the Sombre Destin in New London and the Bretonians will face their fate while fighting it. I don't know if we are going to survive this, but at least we'll die together. If Gallia must fall, then I will make sure Bretonia will follow. The Libertonians will have their hour later. But our House being defeated? Non. The destiny will not allow it.

A last thing, I'd like to meet you Amiral within the next days to talk with you about ...necessary and sensitive arrangements.

Gallia is not afraid by death, but death fears Gallia. Allons, finissons-en, Charles attend.

Sincèrement

Marine Royale Gauloise, Commandant Pierre Vaillant.

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée