Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Empire of Kusari
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Esteemed representatives of the Empire of Kusari,

I am Sabrina Iltzmann, Secretary of Foreign Affairs for the Republic of Malta. I understand this transmission may come as a surprise to you, and indeed it comes as a surprise to many within the Republic, but given the times we find ourselves in we believe it to be worth the trouble to see this through.

For centuries our people have fought one another, one out of a need to peddle drugs and the other out of a defense for the welfare of its citizens. The Maltese Nation has fueled organized crime and terrorism within Kusari for nearly as long as there has been, and we acknowledge this. This is a past that we recognize, but one that the Republic wants Malta to be remembered for as the past, the old life that was left behind to make way for the new.
The Republic of Malta itself is a small nation, but fully dedicated to the ideal of a strong, stable government to lead the nation onward. As such, the ethic and effectiveness of our government is where we focus our effort, as the strength of the nation must reflect the capability of its leadership and vice versa. For these reasons, the Republic has been met with success after success in its endeavours. We do not attempt to represent the entirety of the Nation, as in our current state such is impossible, but we strive to liberate the Nation from those who would see it dragged down, continuing to peddle the same lies and contraband that they have for centuries.

The Republic sends this in the hope that Kusari can look over the atrocities of the past and allow a chance for the future. We will not attempt to cover up the failures of the Maltese people. This much is evidently present, and cannot be washed away regardless of time or effort. However, through time and action wounds can be healed and relationships mended. This transmission may not be action itself, but it is a beginning.

I hope this illustrates the intent of this transmission. Should Kusari have any questions, then I will be more than happy to answer them on the Republic's behalf.

Farewell.

> OPENING COMM CHANNEL...
> LOADING RESOURCES...
> TRANSMISSION DECODING...
> VIDEO FEED: LIVE

[Image: pr9Oq0F.png]
13/08/826

> SIGNAL STRENGHT: HIGH
> COMM ID: TAKAGI MANAGU
> TARGET ID: SABRINA ILTZMANN
> SOURCE: CLASSIFIED
> RANK: ADMIRAL 提督
> PRIORITY: HIGH

[Image: JQV9E9S.png]

> SUBJECT: STEP BACK

Konnichiwa representative Sabrina Iltzmann, I'm speaking in the name of the Kempeitai cell, responding to the transmission communication you've sent our Reformed Empire. I'm one of Admirals of the current Kempeitai cell Takagi Managu, and this is a surprise not only to me, but most likely to other representatives of the Reformed Empire. I wish to let you know of few points that I am about to share. Note, we are not the only representatives here, you may anticipate more answers on this.

Maltese kind of representatives firstly contacting us is a surprise for a great reason, which is terror your kind's been doing ever since they've been existing in our space. I certainly can understand why you're talking for thy cell and not in name of maltese people as a whole. It's quite interesting there's a group of maltese people looking for something better to stop this absurd terror. There are things that are making your kind stick around in Kusari, and not be any better than well-known Kusari terrorists we've got.

There are things that are worrying us at the same time, that is maltese people are notorious as great friends with the GC as well as to carry contraband such as Cardamine, smuggle it and whatnot. There were of course cases where those were caught. In order for you to take a step forward to us, you must tell us your objectives, are you part of any of these known objectives of the Maltese people. Why do you wish all of the sudden to rethink about our relations. Thy kind is aggressive and is responsible for numerous crimes caused in our space, thus are marked as our targets, doesn't matter should they be brought alive or dead. We won't be thinking about you as someone we shouldn't consider as hostiles, until you prove yourselves as a worthy group of Maltese people.

We can give you some space in order to prove yourself and contradict current objectives and terror of the Maltese raiders, smugglers that are in Kusari and passing through Kusari. Thing we would like you to do now is to explain us in details what your objectives are besides to attempt to wash blood of the floor. There's one important thing you kind of mentioned and that you must think of. Maltese people can't fix those holes that are representing civilians and our officers that were killed by your people. Maybe you can, but such will never be forgotten and will be visible to us until we face our end. We won't be talking anymore until you give us a proper answer to all of this. Domo arigato, and remember,

we may forgive, but we will never forget what has been said and done.

> FLIGHT PROTOCOL: CLASSIFIED

COMM CHANNEL SEQUENCE HAS BEEN TERMINATED...[Image: 06Uf8UG.gif]

Honorable Takagi Managu of the Kempeitai,

I'm pleased to see that the Kempeitai continue to take the security and stability of Kusari as seriously as they always have. The crimes of the Maltese Nation against the people of Kusari are many, and as it seems we agree there can be no forgetting these atrocities. However, I'm happy to see that Kusari, even to an extent, is still willing to listen to the words of those who have been its foe for so long. I personally do hope this leads to great things.

However, you requested our goals.
The Republic views each of the colonies as avenues of potential cooperation, including Kusari. As the past will have outlined, the Maltese (or Outcasts) are descendants of the Hispania, much like the Cretans (or Corsairs) to the south. The Hispania, crippled by saboteurs, was robbed of the dream that the other four Sirian Houses found for their people. We wish to rebuild this dream for the Maltese. The actions of those who came before the Republic, the centuries of petty drug peddling and overseeing organized crime and terrorism, have gotten Malta nowhere. Hated or feared by all, and running puppets of terrorists and pirates alike across Sirius.
Malta for us is doomed as a criminal syndicate. As such, we have looked outwards from Malta for inspiration to save the Maltese Nation: The corporate successes of Liberty and Crayter, the organized strength of Rheinland, the technological mastery of Kusari. Each is far superior to the cartels and syndicates of the homeworld, and each has brought the Colonies into prosperity that until the last 30 years has brought about a golden age of prosperity for the human race.

If it wasn't apparent yet, no. The Republic does not support, and in fact abhors, the Cardamine trade, or at the least in its current state. We see Cardamine as a blessing that, while appropriate to share with the Houses at large, should be reserved to study. The Republic's own head of Civil Development has even proposed the research of Cardamine past any extent it can achieve in its raw form. We support trade of it, but not in mass bulk as has been frequently done under the control of the cartels.
In addition, the Republic does not acknowledge the legitimacy of the movements Malta is known to support; The Golden Chrysanthemums, Lane Hackers, Liberty Rogues and other unlawful entities are as they always have been: Unlawful. Those who openly threaten civilian lives and infrastructure are no better than criminals. As such, they deserve nothing better than to be treated in kind.
Finally, any 'cartels' or 'legions' you may be aware of that hail from Malta are, at least by the Republic, considered as occupiers. The Republic, since its founding, has always been at odds with the 'leadership' of the Maltese Nation. Their agenda is not our own, and to many extents we have made this known to the public, mostly through the efforts of the Maltese News Service. In short, no, the Republic does not consider itself in line with the goals of the homeworld.

I hope this helps to clarify some of the areas you inquired about. If I missed something, do tell and I will endeavour to answer your question on the Republic's behalf. Otherwise, thank you for listening.

Farewell.

> OPENING COMM CHANNEL...
> LOADING RESOURCES...
> TRANSMISSION DECODING...
> VIDEO FEED: LIVE

[Image: pr9Oq0F.png]
13/08/826

> SIGNAL STRENGHT: HIGH
> COMM ID: TAKAGI MANAGU
> TARGET ID: SABRINA ILTZMANN
> SOURCE: CLASSIFIED
> RANK: ADMIRAL 提督
> PRIORITY: HIGH

[Image: JQV9E9S.png]

> SUBJECT: STEP BACK

Konnichiwa again representative Sabrina Iltzmann, I'm speaking in the name of the Kempeitai cell, responding to the latest transmission communication you've sent our Reformed Empire and Kempeitai. Our agency service is certainly going to protect our assets, our citizens and everything else we are formed for to do. As I see, you already can guess how vengeful we are due to great reasons. You've given us detailed answers to our questions which are an extreme need in order to establish better relations. We certainly are pleased to hear thy clever and friendly expressing which is a symbol of respect.

As I have good powers of hearings and observations, you're not an "ordinary" Maltese organisation if I may say so. There's no doubt other thy organisations are being too suicidal for their own absurd reasons. It's always great to have someone who you can help and cooperate with, and think healthy. I can tell several things about all of this and ask again.

Criminals you mentioned are notorious as such and must be executed or be brought alive, their vanity afterwards is depending on decisions of the high council of course. In order for you to successfuly get into proper relations with houses, a Reformed Empire as us, you must not cooperate with any terrorists and criminals within and outside Kusari that simultaneously our hostiles. I have nothing good to express about their kind, and I'm glad you are thinking the right way about them.

Cardamine notorious as a drug and contraband, is not allowed at all in Kusari and I believe in other houses. There're most likely great reasons why and I won't be getting into that. I'm not certain if they can be used as a study material or even in medical purposes, for that, you must contact other people with such profession and let us know afterwards. Since drug itself is treated as contraband and must not be consumed, as I said, reasons behind it are most likely enormous, thus we believe chances are low for it to get used for study and other. Therefore, we will be treating it as such. You must think about this wisely.

Seeing you're pursuing something big, something that can't achieved that easy, as you probably know you must flip your agenda. You're doing it in the right way, for now. I'm hoping for you to resume, and not hesitate to make any changes. It's rather foolish for me to "hope", because it's most likely implied since you're no longer that "ordinary" Maltese. There's one thing you must remember, whatsoever. All of these statements and acts you've told us about which are reason you are as you are, we would like to see you in action, and "prove" even more. We've got great concerns, and we would not like to see you doing opposite of what you said. We got reasons to believe so.

We wish you good luck on achieving of these objectives you shared with us. We are certainly supporting these goals in certain ways. It's always nice to see someone thinking healthy and finally thinking of "things", if I may say so. We will think of not treating you as hostiles, due to fact your goals are something someone should be proud of. Therefore, we might give you some space to prove. Now, we would like to hear other representatives of the Reformed Empire. They're certainly busy with all of these conflicts we are having so I find this reasonable.

> FLIGHT PROTOCOL: CLASSIFIED

COMM CHANNEL SEQUENCE HAS BEEN TERMINATED...[Image: 06Uf8UG.gif]
[Image: XiK0p3c.png]
[Image: X04Ng2q.png]
New Tokyo system, House Kusari, 826 A.S

[Image: EhfaHMv.jpg]
Foreign Affairs Minister- Toshinori Kojirou

To the esteemed Sabrina Iltzmann, Secretary of Foreign Affairs for the Republic of Malta

Greetings esteemed Secretary. You are from this moment onward being addressed by my person, Toshinori Kojirou, Foreign Affairs Minister for the Restored Empire of Kusari. It is a pleasure to be your acquaintance, I hope.

Kusari had so far a nebulous story with the neighbors of the outer regions, chief among them the communities of the Outcasts of Malta, and the Corsairs of Crete. A most peculiar problem of these relations is that they were based mostly on... well, for the lack of better term, raiding parties, contraband smugglers, and slavers. As you can see, this has a tendency to be taken in as a criminal case, rather than... diplomatic one.

In fact, only in recent years we begun to hear more about Malta and Crete beyond the scarce information about military juntas, and grand warlords who throw their scattering of space vessels against the borders of the noble Houses. A few organizations from the Corsairs approached us before, claiming authority over its people and promising good behavior and relations. Some tried, very few have shown results. Now it seems it's the Outcasts turn.

However, from what I could rationalize from your descriptions, you have the ideals of a formal government, but unfortunately you don't find yourself in such a position. This Republic of Malta is at odds with its Homeworld? It renounces any ties to criminal organizations that you may find within the Houses, but has no claim on previous established relations like the one created with Bretonia? Are you a Government in Exile, deposed by some tyrant or drug fueled plot, or just an opposition group with aspirations to rulership?

People's words and lives a fickle, they can last very little in our world. But sometimes memories, legacies, great feats and great nations can last an eternity and half. Should you find yourself talking next week not to me but to some other person as Foreign Minister, consider this the fate of minor pebbles on the great road of time. But whether I am dead or not, the Noble House of Kusari remains.

Show me, in more than just words, what is this Republic of Malta.

With cordial regards,
Toshinori Kojirou
Minister of Foreign Affairs