Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Hellfire Legion Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Military Command of the Hellfire Legion,

I am Randall Marcato Santiago, Secretary of Defense for the Republic of Malta. Past contact in space, I don't believe I've had the pleasure of dealing with the Legion personally as Ms. Cortez tended to handle that business. However, times have changed, and that duty now falls to me.

Over a year ago, the Republic and Legion struck a deal for the safe return of one Samuel Locklear: The man himself for two Legion assets of Maltese origin, the Abaddon and Ravager. While one has only recently been refitted to serve the Republic, the Ravager being a more permanent asset has had some lax in its processing. Something about a faulty engine system.
Due to the Republic's need for a heavy mobile asset, we are looking to reignite the progress on the Ravager's restoration and see her mobile once more. However, we are not unaware of the Legion's requirement for a defense for your home of Vespucci. Removing the Ravager would leave a very real hole in the defense of the system, which I personally cannot allow even if it means the Republic grows more capable. As such, I wish to offer some alternatives to the original proposal, both revolving around the same general idea: Replace the Ravager with a newer warships.

The first offer would simply be to repair the Ravager's hull and systems for the Republic and construct from scratch a new warship for the Legion to use in the Ravager's place as the system's guardian. With schematics retained from the 72nd Fleet's initial retreat from the home systems, the Ravager could be upgraded along with its repairs, while the schematics of the Ransuer could be incorporated into the replacement's design, offering the Legion a strong, capable prototype hybrid warship to serve as the Ravager's successor.

Alternatively, the opposite could be done for the sake of sentiment. The Ravager is an old warship, easily out-dating any ship in our fleet. As well, the ship has become a symbol of the Legion's strength and ability to persevere, and to remove it from the Legion's hands, even to make way for a new generation of 'Perpetrator'-class warships, may spark unrest within the Legion's structure, especially given the ship's undoubtedly extensive service history. Again, design documents on the updated 'Ransuer'-class design would be incorporated into both 'Perpetrator' warships, with effort made to preserve the Ravager's status as a detractor to incursion.

Ultimately, either of the alternatives I believe work in favor of both parties. Regardless, I will be sure to alert the Department of Commerce and the DoD's Research Sect upon your decision. I also look forward to working with the Legion in the near and distant future.

Adiós, y buen día.

Incoming Transmission

Source: HFB Ven'Gyr
Comm ID: Sam Mason
Encryption: High

Establishing Feed

Can’t say I’ve had to deal with anyone from Malta except by the end of a barrel here in Liberty -- though, if Locklear had a relatively good opinion of this Republic of Malta you’re representing I see no problem continuing that. My name is Sam Mason, and the Legion is currently under my command.

In any case, a deal is a deal. One that likely would have been fulfilled by now if that were possible. However, what you said about the defense of Vespucci is correct. Anything that could compromise the security of the system would be out of the question. So, about the two proposals that you mentioned. If my understanding is correct, both proposals would result in the construction of a new warship as well as repairs and upgrades to the Ravager.

As for which direction to go with the ships themselves, sentiment or otherwise, I’m sure many in both the Legion and Commonwealth would rather see the Ravager remain in the fleet.

END TRANSMISSION

[Image: PMGi7lO.png]

Senor Mason,

It is a pleasure to hear from the Legion after such time. I will say I did expect the Ravager itself to be too large a symbol for the Legion, which is why I suspected a second offer would need to be made.

I'll give the order for technical and engineering teams to depart for the Ravager as soon as they are able, and request that the Department of Commerce begin shipments of construction materials to Legion stockpiles for our part in the construction of this new Perpetrator-class Dreadnought.
Should all go well, I expect that this condensed effort should take at the most a month to complete.

I look forward to seeing our efforts bear fruit, Senor Lord Commander.

Adiós, y buen día.