Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Liberty Police Inc. || From: Your Friendly Neighborhood Mercenaries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Recipient: Liberty Police Inc.
Topic: Shinies

[Image: d37mjqd-86f783b0-56cb-4b80-9c48-177737db...zx0DWTOD5A]
Identification:
Daniel 'Dani' Freeman
General

Oi lads!
Well... I do not know how to start this message. Lemme try to be formal... Eh, with an introduction I guess.
I'm Daniel Freeman. One of the leaders of The Sirius Syndicate, a mercenary Guild. I'm sure you've heard of us. Well... To the point.
Today we claimed a bounty on lane hacker transport. He had some... Goodies. Well, why I am writing this... We could easily just sell those to whichever merchant is the closest BUT we think these are better use to you than to us. And we wouldn't want these in the wrong hands, would we? So. We will deliver these wherever you want them. Of course, we expect a tip. Perhaps this could be the beginning of a good relationship?
Well... This wasn't so hard.

Have a good day.
~Daniel Freeman, The Sirius Syndicate

Attachments:
----:[Incoming Transmission...

[Image: Twe3YaL.jpg]

[Image: Lds4cJZ.png]

[Communications ID: Chief Holiday
Liberty Police Inc

[Recipient ID: Daniel 'Dani' Freeman
The Sirius Syndicate

[Priority: [Omega - Very High]
[Encryption: [Omega-1V - Unbreakable]

Good day,

Well I have to say your and your organization are all over the place and I like being straight and to the point so lets get started. You took down a Lane Hacker, awesome job no problem there, naturally you take in any cargo you can find and see what you get and that's no problem either. The issue I'm having is you identified the cargo as Counterfeit Software and then proceeded to tell Law Enforcers you wanted to sell it. See that's a problem because in Liberty Law Section 1.1 Crime/Contraband, Counterfeit software is illegal and you are not an authorized shipper of this cargo. You then offered to turn the cargo in and that's okay but you expect a payment for your services and if you indeed had collected the bounty for killing the Lane Hacker you would already be getting compensated.

So to sum it up, you are carrying Illegal cargo and are going to sell it and that's two offenses where a fine of 20 Million Credits can be issued. I like the fact your taking down criminals, but you need to read the law before you become one yourself. So want to explain yourself?

In Service To The Republic of Liberty
Chief of Police
Liberty Police Inc.

......Transmission Terminated]-----

Recipient: Liberty Police Inc.
Topic: RE: Shinies

[Image: d37mjqd-86f783b0-56cb-4b80-9c48-177737db...zx0DWTOD5A]
Identification:
Daniel 'Dani' Freeman
General

Well... This is a pickle ain't it?
Miss. First of all, I would like to apologize. I think I didn't express myself clearly, either that or you misunderstood me. Don't get me wrong. We didn't want payment for the cargo, I stated, and I quote:

Code:
So. We will deliver these wherever you want them
- There I stated we will deliver them wherever you want them. You could even send one of your pilots to watch over us, so you can be sure there's nothing fishy going on. We did not expect payment and we still don't. Hince, we don't want to "sell it". We want to GIVE it to you. The only thing I did expect is a good start to our relationship; which clearly, didn't happen. We just said we rather want these in your hands than in Criminal ones. Also, the cargo was obtained in Tau 23 which I think is independent space. So we didn't know Liberty laws apply there, my apologies.

Code:
Of course, we expect a tip.
- This was just to state we expect a tip. Since I myself thought that such a large and strong organization would appreciate what we do. Clearly, I was wrong and should've destroyed the cargo on the spot. I will remember next time not to bother you and just destroy the cargo and spear me the trouble. I did not say " For the right price" or anything like it, so I can not understand why would you think we want payment. It was clearly just an option. My intentions are good. This is all I have to say in my defense. Next time I will be sure not to bother you.

The payment is not a problem. Please state where do you want the money. Please consider if what we did was really illegal. Our intents we're good, to remind you we went out of our way to do this. Perhaps you will see that what I stated has no bad meaning. If you want the cargo just say where. Or come pick it up yourself even, if we aren't authorized.
The cargo is in Tau 37, Freeport 10. Or if you decide to authorize us so we can GIVE you the cargo, just say where. We will give your proof.

Again I apologised that I didn't express myself correctly.
Have a good day.

~Daniel Freeman, The Sirius Syndicate

Attachments: