Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: BAF Admiralty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Mao Feng
To: BAF Admiralty Board

Gentlemen,

I would like to do a report on the state of the HMS Stirling. This is both a complaint and a request. I will list all the issues with the ship that I have been informed of so far and can remember:

1) The front heavy turret base is suffering from material fatigue. It is surrounded with micro cracks and the front part of the ship shakes when the turret fires, which leads me to suspect that the whole joint between the prow and the middle might be affected, but I am afraid of sending engineers to remove the superficial plating and check, because the discovery may affect morale adversely.
2) The pressure chamber before one of the cargo bays does not function, which means that we would lose a lot of air every time we access that bay, so we are keeping it unpressurized and empty.
3) The fire control unit and the radar are relatively new, but have different proportions from the original ones, and have thus been welded instead of screwed on. However, the welds have destroyed the protective coating, and their internal side, which is exposed to oxygen, is showing signs of oxidation.
4) The light turret battery is traversing slower than designed and must require a good oiling.
5) Only critical parts of the hull are covered with ablative armour plating, while the rest uses conventional. Hopefully the enemy will not find out which is which.
6) The artificial gravity generation in the engine section is interfering with the engine, so we need to keep it shut down and the engine staff needs to wear magnetic footgear in order to stay on the floor.
7) The launchpad gate is opening and closing slowly, so it is either that one of the gears is worn out, or that it needs oiling. This is slowing down out light wing deployment time.
8) There are mice all over the ship. We do have cats aboard, but they seem to be very lazy and, despite my orders, the crew seems to keep feeding them, so they must not feel hungry enough to bother hunting. The ship needs pest control.
9) Not to speak of the cockroaches.
10) One of the toilet pipes leading out of the hull is congested, so that toilet is out of order, but I believe this might be where the cockroaches nest.
11) Our water tastes like iron.
12) We do our best not to overheat the living quarters, because the air conditioner makes the air smell like mold.
13) Morale is low.

Since the danger for New London has passed, I suggest and request that the Stirling is retired and replaced with another battleship. Even if we win a battle, it would still be catastrophic for the ship. I refuse to take responsibility if it is put out of action, either by the enemy or by itself.

[Image: clvpgq5.png]
Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Moscow Mule

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

Captain Hall,

I took the liberty to perform a strategic fleet review for the post war situation, my evaluation and suggestions for Stirling are included. Due to your new station, I will grant you permission to see the review here;

Fleet Review Enclosed

While my assessment is more terse than yours, the Admiralty is aligned in the thinking that the Stirling needs to be replaced.

Unfortunately the ship that may replace it is not yet ready to do so, so we are forced to make do. The Essex will support Omega-49 to the best of its abilities from its forward operations in Dublin based on the Blackrock. We can prevent any Enclave forces from moving south, and keep the boot in the Mollys, but the Corsair forces arriving from Omega-47 are your concern. At best we can provide a quick response force, nothing permanent.

Perhaps the MacDuff can do something to relieve Corsair pressure as well, by ramping up operations in both Omega 3 and Cambridge.

My plan is to create a Dreadnought trinity, the York, Suffolk and Derby. Once the Derby and York are ready to take over Cambridge and Leeds respectively, the Norfolk will move to Omega 49.

This could take years, however. Perhaps in the short term, in the case of an emergency, the Harlow can be relocated to Omega 49, though we had hoped to bring her up to fleet strength before posting her anywhere important.

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond
Dreadnought Venerable, Essex Battlegroup
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Moscow Mule

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

Captain Hall,

After discussion with the Fleet Admiral, we have taken the heavy decision that based on the situation in Omega 49, we must seek a replacement to secure the system in the case of your ship falling to pieces, or worse. The only group that can possibly move is the Ark Royal.

As such, we are preparing to move her to Omega 49 to replace Stirling, though we need to re-establish connection to Newcastle and make the trip, you will need to hold until it arrives. Admiral Paul McKinley will be joining you.

The Harlow will take up Ark Royals place in Newcastle and it will be reinforced by military production from Scarborough to prepare the fleet to complete the role as a full fleet. The Harlow is nowhere near the strength of the Ark and will need to be reinforced itself. Being next to a center for military production will help this.

Fortunately the Embrun has been removed from Newcastle and we need not fear it any longer.

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond
Dreadnought Venerable, Essex Battlegroup
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated