Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Harold Kane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Keeper Leviathan
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tbarlevia.png]

Hey Harold.

Adjutant, huh? I'd say that's a weird title but who am I to talk? Anyhow, word on the wire is your people are in search of a doctor, or at the least some kind of medical consultation. Perhaps you might be willing to shed some light on that, and I can defer you to our medical staff and have some head your way.

How's the Taus, anyway?

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Kane-NO-Adjutant.png]

Identification: Adjutant Harold Kane
Affiliation: Natio Octavarium

To: Keeper Leviathan

Subject: RE: Medical Consultation
Encryption: Quite

Long time no see, Lev.

Yeah, it's a bit of an odd position, but after nearly dying and getting lost after an experimental jump malfunction, being declared dead in absentia, then coming back to see that someone had run an election and a round of promotions in my absence, I decided it was best to retire from military service and politics and serve more as a foreign affairs advisor. Plus, not only do I manage to collect a pension and a paycheque, but I also happen to not have any next of kin, so my own death benefits bought a nice vacation home on Planet Sydney.

A while ago we took in some Coalition refugees, a few of whom were ex-military who deserted due to ideological and ethical reasons. One of them is an officer of ours who has a bit of an odd medical problem. The Coalition military implanted a behavioural suppressant called a "nerve staple" into her noggin as part of some kind of the-best-soldiers-are-unyielding-soldiers project during an internal conflict. After the dust settled, they deactivated it, but it later reactivated itself under mysterious circumstances that I am hesitant to actually call mysterious. That's when the officer in question went AWOL and came to us looking for medical help.

While our friends at Med Force Enterprises managed to slow its effects down, Doc Holliday was locked up in some Bretonian prison after that whole thing where he nuked his own house and a Bretonian government official along with it. For obvious reasons, his research has halted, and because of that, the implant is starting to reject the treatments. The only people I can think of other than Doc's who would be skilled enough to root around in a Coalition neural implant and render it non-functional without doing the same to the person whose brain it's lodged in are yours.

We certainly can't ask the Coalition for help.

If this is a send-people-to-us operation, then that works excellently. We have a brand new surgery clinic aboard Canberra that's just been brought online on one of the newly-outfitted residential decks that they could use. If we need to send our injured swan to you, well... I know you folks have been pretty quiet about Valravn and letting people within visual range of it in the past, so I'll make sure we keep the visiting party light and trusted.

The Taus are pretty quiet now that the Gallic War is settling down. Even Malta and Crayter have stopped shooting each other for a moment. Any excitement in your neck of the woods?

Adjutant Harold Kane
Natio Octavarium

[ Transmission Ended ]