Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Tal Ravis; From: Kingdom of Bretonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Assam
To: Tal Yahalom Ravis, Cold Harbor Special Projects

Mister Ravis,

You might not have expected to receive a letter directly from the top, but your response to my broadcast over Planet Sydney has caught my attention.

I have a job in mind for you, one that will, ideally, not require you to spill blood. You will receive a 5% raise as well and comfortable accommodation in Chateau d'Or, a former villa which is now our HQ on Planet Sydney.

Firstly, I spend most of my time with the top brass, and sometimes find myself out of touch with the common soldiery. I would like you to be my military advisor regarding those matters. Secondly, there is a certain person who needs to be taught and trained with basic military affairs and routines. Your response gave the impression of an experienced and pragmatic soldier, so I think you would be fit for this assignment.

Please inform me whether you are content with this offer, so we can arrange a briefing. If you are not content with the offer, you do not have to respond, and do not worry about it. I have 1,799,999 other marines to choose from, though finding the proper one among them might spend my valuable time.

[Image: clvpgq5.png]
Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
[Image: YpmgffS.png]

Message Class: Audio
Encryption: HIGH
Subject: RE: To: Tal Ravis; From: Kingdom of Bretonia

Captain Hall,

I’m honored that you’ve contacted me with both of these offers, but there are some things I want to clear up that may impact your judgement going forwards with your final selection.

While Cold Harbor as a company maintains close ties to the Crown and Her Majesty’s Armed Forces, as evidenced by the existence of the adjunct partner unit that I fall under and this sleek, licensed derivative of the BAF transmission format that I’m using to reply to you, we are still technically an “irregular” force with a significantly narrower mission scope than the average Armed Forces marine unit. As far as I am currently aware, contractor units like ours make up a very small percentage of the one-point-eight million marines allegedly deployed on Sydney, and as such, my personal experiences and opinions may differ drastically from that of our uniformed Bretonian colleagues. I do believe that I am adequate for the purposes of an advisory role, but it should be taken into consideration that a junior officer from the ranks of the Armed Forces may be better suited for the job, or be brought on as a supplementary advisor.

With regards to the second offer, it’s definitely something that falls within my expertise, especially as combat operations seem to be winding down for us with the end of the Gallic war. Though, is it possible for me to know A), the duration of this assignment, and B), the person I’ll be training?

Thank you for your time,

Tal Yahalom Ravis
Cold Harbor Special Projects
Asymmetric Warfare Development Group
“Gran Canaria Safari Company”

Mister Ravis,

The contract is expected to last as long as the person needs to pass basic military training. It will probably be a month, but can be prolonged if necessary. The person in question is Alexandra Ward, a recently found half-sister of mine. I wish her to be made capable of taking care of herself here on Sydney, so she may stay with me. By the way, do you only fight on the ground, or you can fly spaceships as well?

Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
[Image: YpmgffS.png]

Message Class: Audio
Encryption: HIGH
Subject: RE: To: Tal Ravis; From: Kingdom of Bretonia

Captain Hall,

Well-bargained and done. I should be able to get this person up to standard in less than a month, provided they’re a fast learner, but I won’t know until I meet them. As far as spaceflight goes, I haven’t flown proper combat sorties for the better half of two years, but I’ll see what I can do about it. Will transportation be arranged for me from Port Jackson?

Tal Yahalom Ravis
Cold Harbor Special Projects
Asymmetric Warfare Development Group
“Gran Canaria Safari Company”

Mister Ravis,

In that case your transportation has already been arranged. A Sabre-class fighter will be waiting for you on the Port Jackson spaceport. Give them your credentials and they will take you to the ship. It is the impounded vessel of a former Zoner for which we have no place in our very standardized flight wings, but it is good enough as a training craft. It is yours for this month and I expect you to give Ward a crash course on how to fly a fighter with its help. She will be waiting for you in the Chateau d'Or. You may start on Monday at the latest, but the sooner the better. Thank you, Sir.

Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies