Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the esteemed Bundestag of Rheinland. [Visible to All]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: BdGQJJH.jpg?1]
[Image: k61Y0RT.gif]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With cordial respect to the recipient, from the office of the VonClaussen estate, Planet Hamburg.

Sent on behalf, and dictated by, his excellency, Herr VonClaussen of the Sternenseegarten, Östlichedornberge, Planet Hamburg.

Reviewed by the pressers and communications team of the #Linus826 campaign.

Communications do not constitute policy declarations unless stated by Linus VonClaussen or a representative of the VonClaussen policy team.

The Von Claussens provide signed permission for messages released in these transmissions to be quoted in external forums and media, including press broadcasts.

Addressed to: The Electoral Office of the Bundestag.

Urgency: Moderate.

Encryption: Unencrypted. Transmission is view-only to all. Transmission set to Reply by the Bundestag only.

// As the transmission is sent, Linus's statement is televised across the Neuralnet, visible on evening news channels throughout Rheinland and Hamburg. Any character may read, or react to, the contents of this transmission. Please do not report characters responding to the contents of this thread in their own threads for metagaming.

"Good afternoon."

"Men and women of the Bundestag."

"I, Linus Von Claussen, and my campaign, intend to run for the Chancellor of Hamburg. I do not intend to become regional Kanzler lightly, nor to make an attempt at the interior chamber without due consideration of Rheinland as it stands today; foremost - anticorruption reform remains at the heart of the concerns of the Hamburg people. Secondarily, but no less crucially, this perception is not reserved to Hamburg alone. My campaign has influence only within our homeland's Second System. Despite the moves taken by our advocates within the private security branch, the perception of our government under Rheinkanzler Neumann has been.... somewhat more of the same. Our economy blooms but the people remain discontent. Dresden has been abandoned - veterans affairs remain neglected. Unanswered scandals are rife concerning the power non-elected officials have over our economy, our state-run media broadcasts. We, Rheinland, have, in effect, become an Oligarchy of the intelligence complex, defined by the movement of vast supplies of black-credits and internationalist data backchannels. Already our top officials are under investigations which exist outside of the police's purview to fully enforce. The Kanzler remains silent, as well as she can, due to the necessity of state-official separation. And all the while, our economy is drained into the pockets of the few. A few beyond the strata of the accessible, visible upper class, beyond the middle class, beyond the working men and women who define the wealth of our beloved heartland. "

"I ask that my campaign is given approval to prepare for a special election in Hamburg. I intend to run as an independent, with the backing of the Imperial party. If the people chooses our platform we will do our utmost to bring transparency to the opaque politics of our inner chambers. The promise of the Republic must be upheld with stringent regulatory principles. The Libertarian experiment with our destinies cannot be permitted to continue to sell our children to the multinationals."

"Perhaps I shouldn't mince my words for the interior chamber; it is no secret that there exists a plurality of officials that, till now, have gathered only in closeted chambers to discuss defining reform. This appears to have filtered down into echelons of the military, the civilian shipping services, and even involves multi-party support. We owe it to ourselves to ensure that this brewing fulcrum of history is not captured by some populist with a credit symbol attached. We owe it to ourselves to assist the Kanzler in completing the economic promise created in postwar Liberty, made all the more available by the peace established in the Sigmas. Accountability must be brought to a system that has starved our homesystem from gainful employment, from security, from justice, again and again. The obvious recent scandals concerning the loss of Vierlande prison only intensify this urgency."

"I accept that the Chancellery would not support the electoral process of a candidate such as myself in conventional circumstances. I have a reputation as a reformist, yet I am of the upper-class. My family fought in the Great War, and not on the state's behalf. I understand there may be questions I will have to answer, information I must provide, to secure the endorsement of the Chancellery for my run. I will provide to the best of my ability."

The Campaign of Linus Von Claussen requests a special election be drafted for the Federal State of Hamburg.

[Image: 2O0gyuB.jpg]

"There is a seachange afoot. It is best we be fleet with the wind, at the speed that the people demand. I am reminded of a poem by the old Earth poet Goethe; a question, if you would call it that: "

"What, unknown to all their art,

Ignored, by all mankind,

Through the labyrinth of the heart

Wanders in the night?"

"Such is the question we must all ask ourselves in times such as this."

"I remain yours and the people's servant."

With civillity and respect;
[Image: yJSGkMo.png]