Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Natio Octavarium Government
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: avatar_42123.png?dateline=1570034888]
Data Packet Delivery Successful
Sender: Devin Blackwood
Encryption: YES
Subject: Relations.

To Who it may concern,

Only a few short days ago, while patrolling Manchester I came across the NO-Sea.of.Dreams. As I am sure that the captain may have already informed you The Nemesis is the newest Gaian cell to make its presence known. Guildmaster Bloggs I believe it was, he spoke of your space based colony and how you hated The Enclave. Intrigued at the idea of a majority space based nation I took a trip to Tau-44. While there, I met with a few of the locals, and was told of how you only take from the nearby planets as you need for your selves and enough to trade for other resources you need that cannot be sourced locally.

Your nation is a example for all of humanity to follow.

We would be most interested in working along side you in any operations against Enclave forces or installations. Before we make any formal agreements however, I need some concrete evidence that your industry is sustainable and you are not simply aggressively exploiting your environment for resources. I have seen my predecessors jump into alliances only to be forced to turn a blind eye to those very allies actions against nature.

[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Agent-Shiranui-New.png]

Identification: Agent Shiranui
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Devin Blackwood

Subject: Industry and You
Encryption: Significant

Good evening. Agent Shiranui, Octavarium Intelligence Commission. Given your organization's legal status in most of our neighboring nations, we thought it best to handle first contact through the Commission.

It's true, we prefer space stations. One reason is that there are many Octavarians who sympathize with your movement, myself included. We picked up a number of people from Leeds even well before the attack, and they greatly appreciated being able to breathe for a change.

Our current planetary operations are at Salina and Oraibi in the Coronado system. Oraibi's atmosphere is so toxic and corrosive that not only can we not use manned mining operations, our drones need special shielding to survive. And Salina is a gas giant. So, neither has an ecosystem to disrupt. We skim gases from Salina to produce fuel and mine copper and other useful metals from Oraibi. So far, all of it's been used for our own ships and industry; with expansion, we'll be able to export some, allowing us to become a more independent power in the Barrier, less reliant on Crayter's assistance. Our copper exports could potentially cut into the business of the Hellfire Legion and hinder the spread of their exploitative libertarian nonsense as well.

Proving a lack of environmental exploitation isn't something I can feasibly do on this channel, though. You should be able to dock with Kwinana Refinery yourself to see how things go - find a colorfully-haired woman named Astra Solberg, think it's blue this week. Tell her I sent you about clean industry, she'll show you some of the drone footage.

We also established food production on Canberra without any support from Synth Foods. The inhabitants of Baffin brought us the equipment we needed to establish vertical farming operations inside the station. Frankly, Synth's biodomes are a wildly inefficient design, serving more to advertise Synth Foods than to actually grow food. For variety, we also import rice from Kyushu and other foods from farms on Cambridge. While our farms are capable of producing enough food for the station, we find that variety is good for morale.

Agent Shiranui
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

Subject: Relations.

Agent Shiranui,

Probably not a terrible idea to keep our contact out of the public eye. While some in Sirius agree with our movement many feel our methods are a bit too, how might you say, unorthodox. The descriptions you have given of the planets you harness resources from leads me to believe my original assumption was correct that being; Natio Octavarium is paving the way for a nature friendly future for Sirius.

That being said, I am most interested in the technology used in the construction of your Non-SynthFoods biodomes. While no doubt not far off our own design, it is never bad to observe alternative methods and find the most efficient. Currently, we are stuck in the situation of relying on mostly our small handful of corporate backers and the occasional Zoner or Freelancer for most foods and other goods. As such, becoming food independent would be incredibly beneficial.

Subject: Industry and You

[Image: aNIzm7x.jpg]
The insidious part of Synth's marketing is that their emphasis on their large-scale "solutions" deceives smaller groups into believing that they cannot support themselves.

Living aboard a station allows for total control of the environment. This means that we can create ideal farming conditions, better than even the natural environment for these plants. With extensive artificial lighting we can even stack the plants vertically; layers of crops within a single room, a density beyond what any traditional farm could provide. A picture is included.

Fundamentally, this is all based on ancient technological concepts. As in, pre-Exodus. Historically, power generation was the biggest problem such vertical farming endeavors encountered, but modern generators can more than compensate. In the unlikely event that your generator is inadequate, station solar panels can cover the gaps. Samura's HydroGro has been a tremendous boon as well. While we make use of a small number of Synth-Kishiro "RoboCultivars" for monitoring and upkeep, the actual harvest is usually done primarily by actual humans - someone in Services thought it'd be a good community-building exercise, and it seems to work well.

One important thing to account for is keeping your crops environmentally isolated from each other. While not necessary, it allows you to fine-tune each plant's environment for best results, and since supply lines for an organization like yours aren't always reliable, I imagine you want to optimize your yields. Some older stations don't allow for this kind of room-by-room environmental control, unfortunately.

Agent Shiranui

[ Transmission Ended ]

Subject: A Small Favor.

Forgive me for the smoke and mirrors act,

When making first contact with an organization and not knowing what to expect in response I found it best to send a simple audio message rather then a traditional visual transmission. However, seeing as your organization seems interested in some measure of cooperation I have no qualms with revealing my face.

With your advice we have begun tweaking Islays gardens and my people in the AgTech department are estimating a 40% crop output increase. This has revolutionized our farming methods and for that, I am grateful.

Moving on to business however, I have a small request for you. The Nemesis is a small cell, while we hold a majority influence on Islay, many other cells are skeptical. Our views are very much different then traditionalists, and winning their support will take time, effort, and in no small part favors. The first favor I intend to send is to the LWB Refugees who joined our cause on board the Cruiser Griefswald. A few short years ago our organization took in a number of refugees after the dissolving of the LWB in Stuttgart. It would seem there was some members of the Movement, brought in either by them to be treated or in attempts to grow Cardimine off world to cut off the Maltese's monopoly, frankly I don't know nor do I care. What I do know, is that they need their fix, and if I can bring it to them maybe I can win over there support. In case you didn't know, the Omega's are not exactly a hotbed for Cardimine smugglers, most head straight for that cesspool the Libertonians call a capital. While I do not condone Cardimine usage amongst The Nemesis, I understand the recent relaxing of laws regarding Cardimine in Bretonia has lead to some potential recruits joining with an already existing addiction. While I could simply throw them out I instead offer a program utilizing 'acquired' shipments of Stabaline in an effort to attempt to cure them. While Cryer's experimentation on Wildlife of Sirius is shameful, I cannot deny the effectiveness of their products. That being said, I was wondering if you could source a small shipment of Cardimine. Something to the tune of 2500 Standard Units? Your nations position in the Taus no doubt makes accessing these supplies simple enough. I care not for how you source them either, your politics with the Maltese are your own. I understand a favor such as this will not come cheap, name your price and I will arrange for a transport with unmarked Bretonian Pounds to meet you on Canberra.

Subject: Orange Juice

I'm sure you'll understand if I stay off-camera. Necessities of the industry.

The delivery has been made to Canberra through a trusted Octavarian captain, and can be picked up at your earliest convenience. Your captain should inform the dockmaster that they're here to pick up the delivery for Tara Walker, with the security passcode Alpha-Delta-37. It's only basic middleman-courier security, to avoid arousing any suspicion. It's medical-grade - there's no unwanted additives in there.

As a show of goodwill, this batch won't be terribly expensive. One thousand per crate.

Also, since you brought it up, stabiline won't cure them. It's a substitute, but the addiction's still there.

Agent Shiranui

[ Transmission Ended ]