Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Withdrawn] Looking for players subforum proposal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I appreciate your concerns towards the proposed subforum Thyrzul. Due to the "agree" majority from the sampled community members who voted, it would be best to implement the subforum for a minimum of 3 months and then reevaluate. That's the only way to know for sure if the subforum will serve the community and full fill a purpose.
Well, if the staff agrees with you and your poll, then good luck. One last correction though.

(10-14-2019, 09:39 PM)Avalanche Wrote: [ -> ]Q: Why have a subforum when people can do this on Discord?

• Discord does not have all members.
• Messages get lost in conversations.
• It would be fun to see a forum member you know/like/admire post in this subforum and then be able to catch them in-game and RP with them for likely the first time.
• It is useful to put more activity related content on the forums for forum lurkers/visitors to see.

The highlighted line is incorrect. Messages about soon-to-occur ingame activities are sent in their own chats, separate from any other conversation, that's a habit developed by community members for E-chats way before we moved to DIscord (I think it's been a thing since even before my arrival 8 years ago). You can observe it yourself from the example of #find-a-battle on the official server. Rooms like that might mostly be pvp-focused, but Discord mods can easily add another one for trading/smuggling announcement purposes upon request.
Pages: 1 2 3