Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Xeno Alliance leadership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tau Communication Node
October 25th, 826 A.S.

[Image: mwhc8gL.png]

Sender: Sarita Ybañes.
Recipient: Whoever gets the mail at Ouray.
Topic: The future.

Good morning, or if my time conversions are wrong, good afternoon, good evening, and good night,

I represent Loyola Tactical Solutions Group, Ltd., a new Outcast company looking to expand into markets dominated by old money. It's my understanding that your organization and ours have never been best friends, but we're in the business of shaking things up. I know you prefer exclusively patronizing local businesses, but it's definitely time to consider branching out from supporting your local co-op. Interested?

ATTACHMENTS:

<none>

Sarita Ybañes
Loyola Tactical Solutions Group, Ltd.

Transmission End

[Image: 1OhLyHQ.gif]

To: <"Sarita Ybañes">
Reg: ""<The future>""

Seeing this makes me both angry and confused.

You work with everyone we hate and hate us for butchering them every so often. It isn't a complicated relationship. But I'm going to have to assume that if you're coming to us instead of your traditional cronies then something's off.

""What gives?""

[Image: ZgnavNI.png]
Tau Communication Node
October 26th, 826 A.S.

Recipient: Callsign 'Cobra'.
Topic: ʀᴇ: The future.

Good afternoon.

Perhaps I wasn't quite clear. We are a new (i.e., we don't have any cronies yet) company (i.e., we conduct deals). Being a business, we look to make deals that are mutually beneficial so that people seek out our services again and again. I wouldn't approach you if we had nothing to offer. Rather on the contrary, the Loyola Group has a lot to offer if you do.

However, you're right that our relationship has always been straightforward, and if we're to take this anywhere productive, we'll need to complicate things, so. I'd like to propose a trust-building exercise. Something very concrete to prove that we have things to offer each other that will be immediately useful in their own way, yet nothing that really commits us to anything long-term. A metaphorical first date at a well-lit, very metaphorical restaurant.

Should I continue?

ATTACHMENTS:

<none>

Sarita Ybañes

Transmission End

New or old makes no difference to me.

As an Outcast company you'll be viewed no different than any of the other unaffiliated drug-lords flying around. The complication you just so happen to be dancing around is that our interests are in conflict with each other. Your friends on Malta need Liberty for all the revenue it generates, and we have a great deal of fun killing distributors of cardamine. Your pain is our gain.

You can continue, but keep in mind that if you aren't willing to commit in open hostilities against our primary targets then the odds that I'm going to tell you to piss off are astronomically high. I'm not sure if you've heard but we don't trust mercenary types. You're always out to pick fights that aren't yours, and Liberty is our backyard. It should suffice to say that we don't take kindly to uninvited guests making a mess of the lawn.

""This had better be good""

Tau Communication Node
October 26th, 826 A.S.

Good evening.

It will be good, maybe good enough that you might even drop the tough-guy act for a bit. Machismo is really more of a thing Hispanic men excel at, anyway.

So, here's the deal; the Loyola Group wants to give you, give or take, two thousand pallets of cardamine. All uncut, in 80mg capsules, which is to say, enough to supply all of Cherry Creek on Planet Denver with one dose a day for a week. If that isn't enough for you, 50 pallets of Detroit-made, high-capacity, high-velocity, fully-automatic, military-grade rifles, complete with the shoulder thing that goes up might sweeten the deal. No electronic locks, no plasma batteries, no boludeces, just good old-fashioned lead. Finally, if you're really that keen on seeing some shots fired, you can name your least favorite group of people and we'll prove beyond a doubt that we mean business.

All we ask in return is that you pick somewhere on Ouray that's out of the way, put one of our server boxes there, turn it on, and don't touch it. No funny business; you don't read it no matter what. You can take whatever countermeasures you want to make sure we aren't spying on you with it otherwise. We'll even provide batteries so that you don't have to power the thing.

Before you get up in arms about me offering you drugs, please, don't waste your breath moralizing. Ideology doesn't change the fact that, at the end of the day, we both have a bottom line. We are both on the shadier side of the law. We both kill, extort, and sow misery among our enemies, and we both are in a constant race to do these things more profitably and efficiently. If you like the offer, you can say yes. If you don't like the offer, you can make a serious counteroffer, or you can say no, but one thing our Group isn't interested in is being preached to; I'm already a Catholic, anyway. While I don't expect you would be consuming the cardamine yourselves, I honestly couldn't care less what you do with it, but I hope you have the wisdom to see it as an asset in and of itself.

Make the smart decision.

ATTACHMENTS:

<none>

Sarita Ybañes

Transmission End

Ok.

When you likened this trust-building exercise to a first date in a well-lit restaurant, I was led to believe that the gesture would be of an equally unsurprising nature. Instead, what you've offered is effectively a night of heavy drinking, a toss under the sheets and a quickie the morning after just before you leave.

We aren't a moralistic group of individuals, we're a motivated one. It's quite a fundamental difference. So with the utmost apprehension, you have a deal. Have the cardamine and guns dropped off at Ames, I'll have a crew there to collect. In return your server-box will be left alone, it's not as if there's complicated electronic suites on Ouray for it to compromise. But if it does sprout legs one fine morning then I'm dismantling it.

If you're really keen on proving efficiency, then a sure-fire way to make any Xeno smile is by roughing up the competition and then crapping on Liberty's lackeys. Junkers, Rogues, the Navy or the LPI. Take your pick or do a sampling of all three kinds of low-lives.

""But don't ever try to cross us""

Tau Communication Node
October 26th, 826 A.S.

Good afternoon.

I do apologize for the delay, but these things take time, especially under peculiar circumstances. Regardless, the shipments have arrived at Ames as promised. Deck 16-A, lockers twelve thru thirty-seven. The guns and server are in the first locker, and the cardamine is in the rest. The code to each locker is "pro opes", all lowercase, no numbers, one space. Proof of delivery has been attached. Let me know if anything is not to your liking.

L'chaim, and pro opes.

ATTACHMENTS:

Sarita Ybañes

Transmission End

You came through on your end of the deal, more than I expected. You'll have to forgive me if my trust in an organization with your origins never reaches the level that my own crew enjoys.

But a deal's a deal. I'll have somebody install your server-box with the slightest nod of efficacy and it'll be left alone. I'll have the guns put to good use, and the drugs will serve the purpose of being poetic irony. I do expect you to keep us informed of when you'll be stopping by, unwelcome guests are something we treat with the utmost prejudice. And you can't always expect our pilots to ignore you without Command supervision, Malta's business practices have left a sour taste in a lot of mouths. I'm sure you understand.

""Anything else?""

Well, crap.

Someone threw open the flood-gates. And by that I mean every former slave on Pittsburgh has just washed over the land like a deluge of undesirability. A vast majority of them are the kind DSE has shipped in from across the borders, foreigners who work for rates so cheap and conditions so poor that they might as well be commodities when compared to their local alternatives. Foreign influence is a strict no-no. So I have no problem with the mail-order folks going 'missing' after convenient round-ups by unscrupulous nationalists.

It would solidify a permanent arrangement. Bodies for your product. The LPI's less than principled lackeys are easy enough to bribe, and we have our own networks to work with. Essentially, a lot of friends in low places. In aggregate it works quite well. Call it the chain-agreement. Drugs come in, foreign filth rolls out. Win-win for both our conflicting agendas. Maybe all these rumors of me being a snake are true!

""Deal or no deal?""

Liberty Communication Node
January 18th, 827 A.S.

Good afternoon,

Snakes are adept at surviving under the most difficult of conditions, which might be why something like them seems to have somehow evolved on most terrestrial planets. Were it not you, it would be someone else. Anyway, this is a no-brainer. Give me a pickup point for whomever you never want to think about again, and a drop-off point for your favorite literary device, and we can all silently praise ourselves for being such effective capitalists. I have a good feeling about this situation.

ATTACHMENTS:

<none>

Sarita Ybañes

Transmission End
Pages: 1 2