Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Syndicate Leagues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: xUlGFbW.png]
[Image: 1Gba6Sz.png]

ID: Steven Calbert, CEO
Origin of signal: Planet Denver, Colorado
Recipient: The Syndicate Leagues
Topic: Business proposal

To whomever it may concern:

My name is Steven Calbert, CEO of Calbert Robotics. Our company designs and constructs androids that assist humans with their work, mainly in the industrial area. I have been hearing about your organization being in need of additional helping hands for spaceborne work. I consider this an excellent chance to help us expand our business in the future so that additional android models can be created.

Of course, this rumor may have been nothing but the usual gossip. Nonetheless, we wish to offer you our services.

Should there be demand, feel free to forward the details about your offer and we will do our best to make it happen.

Sincerely,

Steven Calbert

Closing transmission

Incoming Transmission

To: Herr Calbert
Subject: Robotic Interests

Guten Tag, Herr Calbert.

Sincerest apologies for the lateness of this message. It seems that the Union has been busier than usual, and this task has fallen to me.

‘We’, that being I and my likeminded brethren in my cell, are indeed interested in purchasing androids. We had earlier approached an android from one “FutureTech”, though I’m sure you already know that. Sadly, it seems they’ve declined our offers of grey-market commerce, though you seem to be more open-minded in that regard.

Questions remain, however. Are your androids like those of FuTech? We had only encountered a shipping menial, what else do you have to offer? Furthermore, if you are willing to work with us, who else might you have business with?

Trade flows, even in lives.
Oberarbeiter, Jan van Hamburg
The Hairy Faerie Saloon, Planet Hamburg.

Transmission Ended

Mr van Hamburg:

As I am not a part of FuTech Innovations, I cannot tell what our androids can do that theirs can not. However, I can guarantee you that they will succeed at what they are being built for. Whatever sort of androids the customers need, we will aim to build. Of course, depending on the complexity of their tasks, it may take a while to create the code. Let us know what sort of android you need and we can handle something out.

Sincerely,

Steven Calbert

Closing transmission

[Image: un_f1_UN.png]
Alster Unioners
Sender: Gunda Riehl
Tacname: Hellion
Positional group: Volenteer Flight Arbeiter, Union Raiders and recovery
Branchgroup: Unioners

[Image: xicZC85.jpg?1]

Apologies, I don't have a business suit on the hook. I'll ask Goro to lend me his out of his cold, dead hands, sometime.

I'm Gunda Riehl. I guess you were expecting somebody fancier. I'm... taking my shot at a sedentary life.

Sure, Calvert. We're in need of medical androids. Glamorous butchers work, conserving life. Takes the soul of a machine and it's much, much harder than taking life. Any kid with a gun and no sense can do that. Any tyrant with a gavel. In our side of the shade, the men with strength are the doctors. Any fool can break people. Takes the greatest of us to patch them up. We get a lotta' wounded unreg'd human traffic that we intercept from the Mincarchic blackhats running through the Zurich connection. They'd be bound for organ harvesting if we didn't keep them in their homeland. Occasionally they come with bad trauma injuries - we've only got so many doctors. We need a few robots with bedside manners that can diagnose inoculants for the dead and the dying. Y'know, when you're bleary-eyed and not respiring properly you'd like to see a face on the way out, wouldn't you? I would. I don't care if it's a machine making eye-contact as it jabs me full of morphine.

Put flat, we need you to weld together androids that can... pass, without falling into an uncanny black hole, look, talk, and diagnose, like a Unioner doctor. They'll be working in the trauma wards. Any medical diagnostic equipment you can jam into the frame would save lives and boost up the credit bill we'll send you. We'll send you a list of loan-words and, y'know, Hamburg streettalk. Unioner manners.

You do that, trust me; You'll save lives and make a killing. Not often a man gets to take it all. Usually, it's a coin-toss. You're in a better business than me, that's for sure.

Once you've got the bots, drop 'em at one of the shiftier loading houses at Altona station. We've got... fellow co-workers, huh, who'll figure out the pickup.

Name your price and we'll make waves. Pleasure working with you.

Ms. Riehl:

Androids for medical purposes in a way you require them are yet to be produced which is why your request will take some time to be completed. As for your question about the android's speech pattern, I can reassure you. The androids pick up the language, as well as dialects and slang and use it accordingly. They will sound like Unioners within days if that's what you want. You'll hear from me as soon as we complete the model.

Sincerely,

Steven Calbert

Closing transmission