Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: >: Blood Dragons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 6PXBXoN.png]

COMM-ID: Ryan Walthers
Subject: Proposal
Priority: Medium

Hello.

I've been tasked with facilitating dialogue between our respective groups. I represent Loyola LTD, an up and coming Outcast company that specializes in mercenary oriented and various other security services, what sets us apart from the otherwise run of the mill group of guns for hire is our distinct inclination to work rather exclusively with organizations frowned upon by the law, such as your own.

We'd like to know if you'd be interested in any sort of business, it seems quite logical that it's more beneficial for us to be cooperating than at odds with each other. A little good-will can go quite the distance. Shall we discuss the possibility of contractual undertakings?

En servicio de Loyola,
Ryan Walthers, Loyola Group LTD.

Attachments: <none>
[Image: avatar_30918.png?dateline=1449208332]

[Image: GGYCl5I.png]
[Image: tGPptU8.gif]

To: Whomever it concerns

Subject: Mercenaries

[Image: KxINWT1.gif]

Aisatsu,

It appears I shall be attending to this communication for the time being, you must forgive us, there are a multitude of issues that require our attention at this time. I do hope a lowly Honour Guard of Daimyo Nakai Shun will suffice to proceed with these talks for now.

We are well aware of the existence of your organisation, even such whispers have found themselves flowing deep into the Dragon's den.

You should be aware, we are extremely wary of mercenaries, their loyalties are fickle things. This said, I am willing to hear you out, what would you propose? What kind of support could you offer? And do you really believe we Dragons would prove an appropiate benefactory?

Ultimately the decision to work with you would not rest with me, so I'd suggest you present your words in a manner that would please the Shogunate.

Long live the Dragons, Glory to Nakai!

Arigatogozaimasu,
Gotō Daichi
Nakai Clan Honour Guard

Dragon.

You're right to exercise caution when dealing with mercenaries, but you must understand that our status as an Outcast company prevents the kind of betrayals that you're correctly concerned about. We will not cater to our enemies and we will not accept contracts from any House or its affiliated legal entities.

As for the services we provide, I believe I've already touched upon that. Movements like yours need a certain degree of both support and supplies to function properly. It's typical for you to be going up against entities such as the Naval Forces which have a more generous budget and support structure to draw from, whereas you must be careful in your deployments and logistic strain.

We act to alleviate that pressure and give you the boost you need, where you need it. Whether that pressure be in the form of a person in need of a tachyon-based restraining order or simply an injection of supplies to prevent an enemy from starving your operations, we can provide. Your efficacy as a client depends entirely on your willingness to compensate us for our services. We work and you pay, a simple arrangement.

I'll wait for your.. Shogunate to respond. I believe I've covered what you wanted clarified.

En servicio de Loyola,

Dragon.

Apparently your Shogunate is incapable of coming to a timely decision. Have you buried your heads in the sand like ostriches, or am I to understand that you just don't have the courage necessary to decline a fair proposal and try to renegotiate? People speak highly of your combat prowess, dedication and professionalism. All I'm beginning to see is a bunch of pretenders riding on an age-old reputation that they do nothing to deserve. Rule number one of business is to accept or deny promptly, leaving a prospective business partner in the dark just makes you look bad. Unless that's the image you're aiming for.

Then again it's quite evident you know nothing of what business sense is, given that all it took to depose your decadent regime was a bunch of fat-cats that just so happened to be capable of making more efficient use of their financial resources. If you want this deal to go anywhere then it's your turn to come to us with a proposal, I'm done waiting for you to think with what little grey matter you have left. Must be all the gas clouds..

En servicio de Loyola,

[Image: avatar_30918.png?dateline=1449208332]

[Image: KDLdW6d.png]

To: Ryan Walthers

Subject: Re: Proposal

[Image: KxINWT1.gif]

Aisatsu,

Señor Walthers, your arrogance is exceeded only by your ignorance.

You are only receiving this response in an effort to put this matter to rest, so that Dragons who have seen your insulting message may finish their laughter and return to our line of work: Liberating the Kusari people from the death-grip of the kereitsu and restoring an honorable government. You may notice my rank is only that of "Lieutenant" (in shared language); indeed I must admit I drew the short straw among Dragon officers with knowledge of the situation and the capability to reply. This task is barely worthy of even my time, but I have received direct orders from Guardsman Gotō Daichi, with whom you spoke before, to reply.

You dare to question our honor as warriors due to our refusal to respond to your pleas for mercenary work? That's laughable. You critique our failure to adhere to business etiquette; do the Dragons seem like businessmen to you? We do not cater to capitalist whim. We do not care about your norms of business, the complaints of profit-seekers such as yourself, the contracts of gaijin, or any other such gomi. You clarified what the honorable Guardsman Gotō Daichi requested, and we had nothing further to say. Consider yourself fortunate that we decided to hear your proposal in the first place.

Your knowledge and analysis of our history is likewise a misstep. Even Samura dogs, who dishonor every patch of ground upon which they step and every spare speck of matter their ships touch, would take insult at your assertion that the Sakura coup came about simply due to "fat-cats that just so happened to be capable of making more efficient use of financial resources." Many moons passed leading to the abhorrent actions that sent our Shogunate into exile; backstabbing, dishonor, furtive whispers in the shadows. Most of these actions took place due to people such as yourself: The greedy. The ignorant. The arrogant. The gaijin. Fools overstepping their bounds to the detriment of the Kusari people.

We have limited time and resources, that much is true. And it is not worth wasting in foolishness and dishonor on gaijin guns-for-hire such as yourself, especially those with no clear plan, no clear offering, and an overwhelming internal exaggeration of importance. Guns for hire are as common as grains of sand; your proposal and clarifications did not inspire us to pursue further relations.

This matter is closed, and know that your dishonorable statements have firmly earned this consequence: if you or your presumably just-as-dishonorable associates so much as step one toe into our hallowed Kusari without the presence of (or operating alone, but in direct support of) our mutual allies, the Golden Chrysanthemums and/or the Ge'nan cell, your corpses will be returned to Malta in a Kyushu rice sack.

Long live the Dragons, Glory to Nakai!

Saraba da,
Lieutenant Itachi
Comm Officer, Kagutsuchi-class vessel Hamamatsu
Nakai Clan

Planet Malta, Omicron Alpha

[Image: fksIafx.jpg]

Sender: Dona Enma de Loyola.
Recipient: Itachi?
Topic: Re: Proposal

Kusari man,

that's alright, please message me when your great and honorable warriors will manage to finally take Tomioka and Nagano. Which is like... never? Anyway, until then, dragons.

ATTACHMENTS:

<none>

Dona Enma de Loyola
Loyola Tactical Solutions Group Ltd
Amor Vincit Omnia

Transmission End

Kusari man,

ACTUALLY, I've changed my mind... since you have been rude, it's been decided to pay you a visit. You won't be rude to my people without consequences.

ATTACHMENTS:

[Image: rSeXxcr.png]

Dona Enma de Loyola
Amor Vincit Omnia

Transmission End

Kusari man,

I warned you that you ain't insulting me or my representative without consequences, right? Right. And guess what keeps happening to your ships? Looks like they are being blown up. How unfortunate. There's more to come.

ATTACHMENTS:

[11.04.2020 20:42:44] Death: BD|T.Akitsushima was put out of action by LG|Terror (Gun).
[11.04.2020 20:45:37] Death: BD|T.Yoshi was put out of action by LG|Terror (Gun).

Dona Enma de Loyola
Amor Vincit Omnia

Transmission End
Nakai Clan

Unfortunately, the recipient you have specified has either blocked you or no longer exists.
Please contact your system administrator for assistance or try again later.

Rei - 礼 - Respect 'The true strength of a warrior becomes apparent during difficult times.'
True warriors have no reason to be cruel. They do not need to prove their strength. Warriors are courteous even to their enemies. Warriors are not only respected for their strength in battle, but also by their dealings with others.