Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Battlegroup Harmony
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Esteemed representatives of Battlegroup Harmony,

My name is Sabrina Iltzmann, Secretary of Foreign Affairs for the Republic of Malta. In the past, I believe our military has come into contact with your group, and while under less than desirable circumstances we still learned quite a bit. I've been asked to coordinate an effort to establish diplomatic communications with your people, and perhaps coordinate should all go well.

The Republic of Malta, representing the current elected leadership of the Maltese people, is currently locked in a silent but raging war with our deluded countrymen over the sovereignty of Maltese space. While I will not go into too much detail, this conflict has in the past spurred us to reach out to other groups to help us coordinate a response against the dissidents of the Maltese. These have included the Hellfire Legion and their parent leadership the Commonwealth, of whom I'm told you may have experience in dealing with, the Independent Miners Guild, and our strongest ally in the Crayter Republic. Of course, the Republic aims to coordinate with other groups across Sirius, as well as the other Houses, and to that end it's safe to say my job will likely never end.

As such, I'm looking to coordinate diplomatic relations with Harmony and see about bringing development to both parties. The Republic's Armed Forces does not operate directly in Liberty, and due to this any contact with Republic officials within Liberty will likely be civilian commerce working with the Commonwealth. Should this move in the right direction, I'm certain Ms. la Huerta of our Commerce Department would happily divert attention towards your people.
I look forward to your response.

Farewell.

Incoming Transmission
[Image: jSsxCam.png]
[Image: JadeusMaximus.jpg]

ID: Fleet Admiral Jade Linford
Recipient: Sabrina Iltzmann
Subject: --

Loading Message
[Image: 8dsD8NP.png]

Greetings,

I've read this over but I'm not entirely sure how this equally benefits my people. Now Malta's internal politics do not concern me nor does much else in that northern region provide any immediate concern for the longevity of the Battlegroup. Civil commerce would be interdicted and attacked by Liberty Navy forces and going to our home is a stretch for you. We've had contact with the Legion yes, but as for your other cadre of allies, we have little to no standing with. The Miners Guild we've had little interaction with and I'm sure the Crayterian Republic would shoot any commerce we send to you on sight in alignment with their allegiance to the Liberty Naval forces.

I'm just having issues seeing how we could work out and maintain a beneficial relationship. Please, enlighten me.

Regards,

Fleet Admiral Jade Linford

[Image: so2aLXO.png]
Transmission Ends

Fleet Admiral Linford,

I suspected there would be some degree of confusion as to the Battlegroup's profit from such a relationship. While I'm afraid the Republic is rather small in raw force, many of our civilian commercial captains are among some of the best within the colonies at the art of covert supply, including bypassal of lawfuls. While any commerce sent by Harmony back to the Republic would likely face scrutiny, I wish to note that the Republic exports its own shipments from a common trade port within Commonwealth space: America Freeport.

However, the offer of commercial trade was primarily for goodwill, as you are correct in noting that the distance to Harmony's bastion in Bering is a long trip for our captains. At the least, the Republic is hoping to normalize relations between Malta and Harmony for past actions, as old Armed Forces records note their last contact was.. less than optimal. Should the Republic be able to provide commercial assistance to the battlegroup past regular, if infrequent, trade, our contacts with northern groups may be of use to help supply whatever endeavour you may be looking to undertake, as I'm sure even Harmony lacks supplies that the Republic could find easy to acquire.
I'll look forward to your response, Admiral.

Farewell.