Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Voltaic Junkers - Neural Net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: ndPOrO3.png]

Brothers and Sisters,

Thousands of our own died to Gallia's wrath. Thousands of us gave their souls to save the women and children that now tell their horrifying stories so that we know what genocidal foes we face. Neutrality has been lost the moment Trafalgar fell. The moment innocents were executed in their escape pods on by one - each forced to see their own depressurized in space before their turn came.

Gallia is to blame for the deaths of all our brothers and sisters - let alone those Gallic Junkers who were murdered in cold blood not only by the Navy who is also known as the Royal Enclave, but also by the Government who gave them the order.

Dust off your CSVs, clean your Antimatter Cannons and Barragers for the first time in ages, ready your worn powercore for its last breath. The Congress does nothing about these monsters - but we are not the Congress. We are Voltaic Junkers. Let those frogs taste molten metal. Let the pay for what they've done.

As for the new gallic government...I will have a word with them. Should they pass the blame to the Enclave then such cowardly move will be rewarded with the fury thousands of Barragers murdering their supply lines.

Rise up, brothers. Rise up, sisters. Alone, we are weak. Together? We are to be feared.

[Image: tnMSJHT.png]

Username removed

[Image: XkZeykr.png]

A terrible catastrophe has occurred.

A few days back, I was running supplies to our boys and girls at Rochester, and when I got close to Manhattan, well, see for yourself:

What you are looking at, dear brothers and sisters, are Manhattan's defenses being overwhelmed by a seemingly endless Nomad fleet. More Nomads than I have ever witnessed before, not even in the Omicrons have I seen this kind mobilization from the Nomads.

Not only that, but this particular strain is an old one, not seen since the early 800's.

I don't make a habit of jumping into fights that got nothing to do with me, but this time, I couldn't jut fly away, they were targeting everyone.

Groups of up to four or more Nomads encircled ships trying to escape Manhattan, tearing them to shreds with their blasters. I saw Navy men and women being sucked into space, liquefied by singularity cannons, Rochester itself was at risk, so I joined the fray along side Liberty Navy.

And we fought, long, and hard. And their numbers seemed limitless, it appeared that for every Nomad battleship we destroyed, 5 more appeared out of seemingly nowhere.

One by one, Liberty's capital ships were torn to smoldering chunks of metal, engineers, civilians, and voluntaries doing their utmost best trying to keep the fleet together. But we couldn't.

The Nomads overwhelmed our defenses and broke our lines, we had to pull back into Manhattan's orbit and keep together until reinforcements from other systems arrived to relieve the pressure.

The damage done is too great to put into words, but we pulled through.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Oh, and Kyle, the Navy recognized my assistance and as such, the Voltaic Junkers will be better received when doing business in Liberty.

Every battleship we took out, the Nomads replaced it with an entirely new fleet

We had no respite, Manhattan's defense fleet collapsed , everyone was out for themselves, and the Nomads slaughtering everything they came across

Every strategy we employed, the Nomads counteracted with one of their own, cutting our group off from Manhattan while another Nomad fleet advanced towards the planet completely unopposed

On a lighter note, we have official permissions from the Liberty Navy to harass Gallic military forces in Liberty on sight.

Permission

Now, on to Junker business.

I stopped one of these Toccata Zoners to have a word with him, he acted all cocky with me and Fulcrum, so I shook some credits off of him. Fulcrum suggested we tax him about five million credits for our trouble, but his behavior inspired me to raise it up to six. The Zoner paid and me and Fulcrum split the credits equally.

Next up, I ran into a Salvager boosting a Zoner transponder, so I flew over to see what that was all about, turns out, whoever was flying that Salvager was neither a Junker nor a Zoner, so I wanted to inquire about how that idiot got his hands on that ship, and he made me chase after him.

From scrap it had risen, to scrap it has returned.

[Image: nKXlj0W.png]
[Image: mjxqn0F.jpg]

ID:
Vulcan#0001
Subject:
Today's Patrol

Today's patrol was nothing much. I've had a couple of shots of Liberty Ale before heading out. I almost thought someone did a joke on me by putting Cardamine in it. I woke up with a Freelancer strolling by in a damn Salvager - a Junker family ship.

I stalked the bastard until he reached Hudson and told him to cut his engines. What did he do in return? Shot at me. I mean I was about to shoot him anyway so screw that. I disabled his ship and called in the requisition team to carry the poor Salvage back to Vieques.

Lastly, while the booze was still in effect, I decided to pay Shikoku a visit. God, I love when my Junker senses are tingling - or maybe it was because of the dose of radiation those Dark Matter storms spit out in Kepler. Two Kusarian Police ships - a Bomber and a Destroyer. Fortunately, I wasn't in alone, Sparrow showed up and gave me a hand in wiping the Bomber out and we almost got to try our luck on the Destroyer if not for a Hogosha that showed up. I really, really, really didn't expect to fight a Centurion with Alliance weaponry. But I did. And I killed the abomination. Nothing a Nuclear Mine can't solve. I left the scene with fuel leaking and a scratched wing, but it was worth it.

See my share of kills below.

Pages: 1 2