Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Independent Miners Guild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: D6FNAXV.png]

Whoever is running the Guild these days,
First and foremost. Lisa Combes, Admiral of the Crayter fleet.

I won't act like this is a friendly hello. The war may be over, but what happened is still engrained into the environment we call home.

We all know what went down on Leeds. I won't pester on about it, but the fact of trusting genocidal maniacs with the security of the Guild is highly questionable, even if it wasn't perceived beforehand. People see things for what they look like, and rarely for how they really are. It leaves a tarnished view on those who buddy up with the Grim Reaper, and while I'm not here to scold I figure I may as well have pointed out who exactly you paired up with during the waning days. I won't hold it against the Guild, as it was survival, but it still leaves a pretty dark mark.

My rhetoric has a purpose, even if it's probably seen as just insults. Minister Westbrook gave the IMG an ultimatum that ultimately went into effect, albeit in a less than expected manner. Crayter security details ensuring the Guild followed suit, Military 'occupation' in a lite format.
Well, I'm here to announce that it's officially over. Westbrook is on Cambridge at the moment finalizing the terms of the meeting between the powers that won this war, so he can't declare it himself, but Crayter is lifting the imposed 'blockade' on the IMG in lieu of the past and potential future. Fighting old friends, even with words, gets degrading over time, and holding grudges isn't healthy for the nation.

With Crayter's renewed offensives against the Outcasts, it's even more impeding, getting in the way of what is, ultimately, both our fight. Crayter has a large stake in what the IMG is, and vice versa. One can't properly function without the other, and while time heals all wounds, it may take centuries for the marks to fade from our skin.
To that extent, the least Crayter would like to offer is an understanding. A pact, if you will, that we will accept neutrality and aim to reaffirm our stances together and against those who would violate our claims to the systems we call home. I'm not sure how the Guild expects to deal with Bretonia, or even Liberty, but to that extent we likely won't inquire.

As long as our old comrades within the Guild understand that we're willing to start a new page, that's all I'm looking for.

For those we left behind.

Lisa Combes
Admiral
Crayter Republic
[Image: i5xDZIV.png]

To: Lisa Combes, Fleet Admiral.
Origin: Deep Taus.
Encryption: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code.

Fleet Admiral.

Admittedly, this have not came by as surprise, and matches my calculations that fall well within the regular numbers. However, it is relieving to see the Republic coming back to their senses and ceasing the outright hostility, along with showing will to repel the Outcast menace: a decision that was long overdue.
However, first thing first - a formal introduction has to be in order. My name is Celestia Ludenberg - a Guildmaster effectively replacing Kirigiri Kyoko, who have recently voluntarily laid down her authority and passed them over to me.
You may address me as Miss Ludenberg, or, if you prefer a less formal approach - Celeste. A pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Admittedly, Leeds, along with the New London, is an unparalleled act of genocide The Guild could never cope with, and that is where our bits of trust into what later have re-appeared as the Enclave have almost completely deteriorated, and their further actions close to the Outcast territory have nothing to do with the Guild - they have acted on their own competence, and it has nothing to do with the Board of Guildmasters. The fact that their incrusions have intensified during the attacks on Fort Siloso is a mere coincidence, as hard to believe as it is.

Naturlly, the Guild condemns the Enclave for such actions and the possibility of a public announcement in the coming weeks is very likely to come - it all depends on how operative Bretonia will be with reviewing the offered terms of a peace treaty. We hope to come to understanding with them sooner than later, and the process have been given a solid start.

The Outcasts, naturally fierce and territorial, have now became increasingly active in the northern Taus and, while Crayter enjoyed it's fragile ceasefire with this menace - the Guild have taken the first, heavy blow from the armada - Fort Siloso have fell to their onslaught; surely this is only the first and more blows are to come, and we can not afford to further give them any room breathe and maneuver as they please - this will ultimately lead to nothing but our own demise.

Surely, it will take time for our relations to come back to what they have once been, and there is no certainty if this is even possible now, given how the events of the past six months have unfolded. However, there are certain sentiments that indicate clearly that struggling againts those who once looked at the Guild favourably or indiffirenetly have exhausted them, and returning to more peaceful approach is a long overdue necessarity.
Non-aggression pact should be a solid start. However, i am inclined to believe a part for mutual operations against the Outcast menace should necessarily be included into the said pact.

We can not afford them to gain the upper hand.

~Celestia Ludenberg.

Attachments: None.

Guildmaster Ludenberg,

Concerning the Outcasts, I can only agree with your concerns. Crayter Military forces have already launched two offensives into Outcast space, with considerable and marginal success on either go. Their profiteering over the course of the end of the war has cost us too much, and it's high time we teach them that prodding a horse will result in scars.

Crayterian forces will be notified of the pact, as well as cooperative ideals with the IMG against the Outcast menace. Holman and Singapore garrisons have also been notified to release their 'police security' and allow the IMG unrestrained control of your assets once more. Here's to another lengthy session of cooperation, hopefully.

On a side-note, I'd like to inquire to the IMG about a particular issue.
I'm aware I stated before that we likely would not inquire as to the IMG's relations with Bretonia or Liberty, but a certain operation Crayter has been preparing for may prove beneficial to the IMG. Military analysts have been conceiving a plan to remove the hostile Outcast warship Basilica from Coronado, and while Crayter, Liberty and a minor force of the Republic of Malta are already drafted into the proposed operation, I'd like to inquire as to the IMG's interest in assisting with undertaking this operation, and if so whether the IMG's relations with Liberty would allow for such.
Considering the enemy's proximity to Pecos, I feel it would be in the IMG's interest to help ensure this threat is reduced to zero.

However, for now Crayter will acknowledge and respect this pact and ensure that coordination against the Outcasts is carried out.

Lisa Combes
Admiral
Crayter Republic
[Image: i5xDZIV.png]

Origin: Madeira Base, Omega-47, Omega Indepedent Worlds.

Fleet Admiral Combes.

Indeed, Basilica, even in it's idle state, have been a large thorn in our backs for time long enough to make the removal of this eyesore the first logical step of the long and bloody crusade against the Outcast menace in the Tau region. They should not be allowed to linger freely and what happened to Fort Siloso should be avoided in the future.
The Guild is ready to commit a fraction of it's forces to participate in the upcoming operation to increase the probability of success. However, we would have one condition to uphold before the orders are given out.

We need insurance. An insurance that at no point in time during the operation Liberty Navy will turn it's guns at the Guild paramilitary - i believe you do understand that i do not want to put my people into more risk than that operations demands as it is and Liberty accepting a temporary non-aggression pact is imperative to our participation in the Crayter's plan; should they, however, find themselves unwilling to give us that insurance during an operation against a common enemy i will be forced to withdraw the Guild paramilitary from participating in it. As much as i would like to withness Basilica and her cohort perish - there is a cap to the amount of risk that we are ready to take, and working with Libety Navy without any insurance may simply be detrimental.

Perfect case scenario would be for Crayter Republic to mediate the negotiations between Liberty and the Guild - either prior to the operation or when it is concluded, with the prior heavily prefered over the other option.

~Celestia Ludenberg.

Guildmaster Ludenberg,

I understand your concern, and with that I have already notified the appropriate Liberty forces of Crayter's interest in allowing the IMG to assist with the Basilica operation. While we are awaiting a response, however, I would like to implore that the IMG attempt communications with Liberty in a separate manner, so as to affirm Crayter's stance with allowing the IMG to take part. Liberty is a massive market, as you should well know, and making amends after the war would, at least in my eyes, be a step in the right direction if we are to properly find support to resume operations against the Outcasts.

I will inform you if there are any updates. I ask that, should you go through with making amends to Liberty, Crayter is kept in the loop as well.

Lisa Combes
Admiral
Crayter Republic

Guildmaster Ludenberg,

I'm relaying this to notify you of the Liberty Navy's stance during Crayter's proposed operation against the Basilica.

5th Fleet Captain Mira Fox Wrote:As it stands the Liberty task force will not engage any IMG assets that may be in the vicinity of the assault on Basilica or anywhere else in Coronado.

In light of this, I'm linking Crayter's dossier of the operation for the IMG's organization. Once preparations are finished for all participants, I'll notify the fleet and have them prepped and ready to move out.
Keep me abreast of any updates. I'll notify you of any that happen to come up.

Lisa Combes
Admiral
Crayter Republic

[Image: sHAc07N.png?2]

Origin: Madeira Base, Omega-47, Omega Indepedent Worlds.

Fleet Admiral.

I assume we will have to take it by the word of Captain Fox that no conflict will ensue during this responsible operation, and leave it to be the conscious choice of Liberty commanding officer to hold true to this word or not. The Guild will act in accordance to this plan and will ensure the preparedness of our attack squadrons on Pecos.
I will arrive shortly before the attack to personally coordinate the assault on the Guild's side.

Failure is irrelevant, and will cost us all dearly.

~Celestia Ludenberg.