Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pingtarget Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
After some discussion, the Discovery Development team has made the decision to remove the ping number from the ping target command. Use of /pingtarget will still return % lag, loss, and fluct.

The intent behind this decision is to preserve player anonymity, as with the dwindling server count, ping is often a clear identity marker. In addition, ping itself is rarely indicative of actual connection issues, unlike the other three numbers the command returns.

It is our hope that this decision will result in more natural roleplay interactions between players on the game server.
Hey there, we still can see the ping on the forums. I take it that will be removed to?
I don't think it's a good mentality to be content with the declining server pop and making server changes to suit that. The change isn't necessarily bad, although it will make dealing with re-engagers harder).

Username removed

Thank god it was your decision, when I noticed that yesterday I feared some new legislation might have passed into effect in wherever the server is located.
It's retarded. Seriously, don't you have more important things to do?
I'm not sure if that's a good idea, since it's usually good to confirm if someone is uncapping their FPS or intentionally doing foul play by abusing their router for an advantage.
LOL
I mean, just change the message to REDACTED instead of this long string it is now

P indifferent tho, it was good at finding re engagers
(12-08-2019, 09:04 AM)Xalrok Wrote: [ -> ]After some discussion, the Discovery Development team has made the decision to remove the ping number from the ping target command. Use of /pingtarget will still return % lag, loss, and fluct.

The intent behind this decision is to preserve player anonymity, as with the dwindling server count, ping is often a clear identity marker. In addition, ping itself is rarely indicative of actual connection issues, unlike the other three numbers the command returns.

It is our hope that this decision will result in more natural roleplay interactions between players on the game server.

that is the third worst excuse i've seen on these forums.
(12-08-2019, 02:12 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's a good mentality to be content with the declining server pop and making server changes to suit that. The change isn't necessarily bad, although it will make dealing with re-engagers harder).

If you feel someone re-engaged, report your suspicion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4