Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Little Slice of Hell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As Hemlocke listened he noted her moving forward, his human eye displayed the wild hunger for blood he found nearly unquenchable throughout his life, pupil narrowed as he stared at her, he let out a growl as she continued, about to strike her as she touched the blade, really hating how close she was, he began circling her till his back was away from the wall, watching her.

"So you're inspired by them, just don't let your inspiration get you killed, someone like you could prove useful to my pack and potentially the Rogues as a whole. Granted you keep in mind I have legendary personal space issues."
Celeste stood perfectly still; it felt as if she have stirred up something deep inside Hemlocke, and that have resulted in such a clear killing intent - her own movements became slow and smooth, for anything beyond that could've triggered him past the point of staring at her so intensely and circling her like the predator circles his wounded prey before the final strike - one that would finally end her misery.
Celeste exhaled, and spoken in a soft tone.

"If i would have came such great lengths just to stage your murder - there would have been three undeniable truths: first is that one of us would have already been dead, and getting to know you better tells me that chances are equal: second is that i would have never approached you in such a direct manner - i know how to protect myself, that is for sure, but in case of direct clash with someone like you... odds wouldn't have been in my favor, and the third one would have been that i would have staged the killing in a way that would have leaned the odds into my favor without facing you off and where my weapon of choice would've given me an advantage. Like that one time when a police deputy chief got killed because of his routine midnight walks he was taking every night for a few months that i've been watching his day-to-day activities. All in all - i'd rather work for you and learn from these killings than try and bite more than i can chew. Oh, and... sorry if i leaned too close into your personal space. Won't happen again."
Had Hemlocke not been fascinated by Celeste or intoxicated at the current moment, he would have lunged the moment he'd seen the opportunity. At her slow movements and lowered voice he re-sheathed his blades. His eyes followed her, the wildness in his eye seemingly faded for now. Her reasoning was logical, but to a mad dog as many people referred to him as, it wouldn't have done her any good had the circumstance not have been perfect.

"You look like you've been through hell."

Emotion? Hardly, it was too cold of a statement, it was matter of fact, an observation of her movements and speech patterns. It would occur to her that Hemlocke hadn't shown any emotion since they met, only intrigue, bloodlust, curiosity and desire. Was he holding back or was he that simple, perhaps neither. He simply watched her with his blank, neutral face and gaze as cold as the grave.

"If my recent plan comes to fruition you'll have plenty of opportunities to learn how to kill firsthand and refine yourself without a teacher."
"That's one way to put it. I've got plenty of lifetime stories, but they're stories for another day - unless you're eager to listen to them."

Celeste very well felt the killing intent - something she was very well familiar with herself; even if it's nature was different - Celeste's was cold and collected, while Hemlocke's intent was more like a fire, a hellfire - his alias, his "nickname" - Hellhound - wasn't just for show, and Jill got to see a part of what's behind it. Listening to his last words, she crossed her arms, and a modest smile have showed up on her lips.

"You better live up to those words, yet how openly you spoke about it gives me hope. I will be waiting for that moment, and will gladly contribute to see those plans coming to fruition. My loyalty is yours."
Hemlocke tilted his head to stare at Celeste as she uttered the last of her words, fingers twitching ever so slightly before his head returned to it's normal position, he glanced around the large hollow walls of Alcatraz, the main hall itself and all it's many corresponding rooms, and this was just the middle floor, the largest floor was still above them, where his project was seeing it's start, and the floor beneath them, the smallest due to the asteroid's odd top-like structure.

"I suppose one thing should be made clear, I don't trust anyone, Loyalty is simply a re-assuring word, you could turn on me in a split second. I'm not a liar, and my word is my word, only broken by the opposing party. But when I promise to kill you should I ever detect deceit or find you undermining my authority here on Alcatraz or any other hovel under my thrall, You should take it very, very seriously. I crucified the last idiot who tried that. I'm sure such an end wouldn't be well suited for someone with your.... class."

He turned his gaze back to Celeste, casually talking about gruesome actions of vengeance and torture. His facial expression hadn't changed, nor his stance or gaze, simply waiting to see what she would say next or retort. He crossed his arms in anticipation, and went right back to watching her every movement intently.
Celeste's expression have changed - back to normal, calm state, the smile have faded, as if it was never there; as she spoke - she sounded somewhat disappointed.

"Mhm, the politics... the byproduct of civilisation, and the most despicable one if you ask me. The reason for the fragility of loyalty and all the wars. The further i am from it - the better...
...Fine. To hell with the pompous pathos and loud words. Let's put this plain simple - you supply me with a target and i supply it with just the right amount of death in the most creative and efficient way i can think of. No strings attached, while both of us have their gain. We'll decide what comes next when that time's here. Plain and simple. Doesn't that work for you?"
It would seem he had finally struck a nerve and gotten the corresponding emotional reaction he was looking for. A grin crossed his face as all amusement left hers and it went cold. He tilted his head for a moment in thought.

"Your reaction would have been much my own, you don't need to worry your pretty little head with all the politics, truth be told I've gotten this far by distancing myself from them. There are people, both well known and gutter rats who attempt to seize my position daily, if I worried about that constantly i'd never get anything done. Living to feed your own desires and watching the life drain from the eyes of those put in this universe simply as a means to an end for someone else's enjoyment. 'That' is what works for me, and 'That' is what being a rogue means."

Hemlocke shifted his stance, slowly drawing one of his blades to press the bone splitting edge against the tip of the index finger upon his right hand and playing with the blade that could easily sever his finger from his hand as he stared at her, several thoughts going through his mind, but he had gotten the confirmation that she wasn't a people pleaser, and that's really what this meeting had been about from the start.

"I gain nothing personally from targets you kill except the acknowledgement you're good at what you do, which I already know and which is why I called this meeting, you're an intriguing character, and every word only makes you more so. I had to make sure you weren't just any other pretty face with a knack for slaughter that just stumbled upon us by accident. You came here with purpose to meet your own ends. You don't need me to tell you what to do. I look forward to seeing your work, Celeste."
Pages: 1 2