Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: GRG Leadership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: VwaBqMl.png]
[Image: mczLE64.png]

- Director Taylor
- Omicron Research Group
- Sector 0 Clearance
- 01:05 AM - 15/12/826 A.S.

Greetings,

my name is Jacob Taylor, I'm the Director and founder of the Omicron Research Group, an Order-affiliated Organization based within the Omicron Systems.

Today at 18:00 in the Omicron Delta System, there's been a battle between an Order Fleet including our Flagship the Horizon and a Nomad Fleet. Head of the Nomad fleet was a Nomad Dreadnought, this ship has been destroyed by Order forces. Present at the battle was a GRG ship, the Neumann which has been following the battle and during the destruction of the dreadnought, managed to acquire several items left behind without being noticed by the large Order fleet still present. It goes by without saying that this could've resulted in the vessel's destruction. The purpose of this transition, however, is not to scold your pilots for any reckless behavior, since I am doing the same right now.

We've seen no reason in the following protocol for retrieval of said item, especially to prevent any more trouble at the station. Instead we offered our cooperation in researching a said item, fortunately, your pilot accepted our proposal and handed the item over for containment aboard our research vessel, the Altair. The Ship is currently docked at Dabadoru station in the Omicron Delta system, should you wish to continue this, your organization will receive access to required sections of the ship to conduct research related to the artifact.

I am fully willing to stand by my word and offer you the promised access as well as the opportunity to freely research said item, however I have to inform you of the danger this poses to your organization. There's no point in reminding you of the Order Space Regulations with prohibiting the transport of handling of Nomad-related materials by non-Order personnel. With your organization being the successor to one that participated in open hostilities with both our organization and the Order, you being caught handling these items would have problematic consequences for your organization, doing so aboard our vessel poses a threat to us as well. This, however, is a risk I'm personally willing to take for the opportunity to work on this.

Please take your time to consider this, we'll discuss further details should you decide to continue. A last warning: should any problems arise we will ultimately side with the Order's High Command.

- Director Jacob Taylor
Omicron Research Group

- - - - : Incoming Transmission : - - -
- - - -: ID: Julio Gonzales : - - - -

- - - - : Secure Channel Open/Close : - - - -
- - - - : Encryption Level HURRICANE : - - - -
- - - - : Initializing... : - - - -

- - - - : To: ORG: - - - -

- - - - : Location: Kepler : - - - -

- - - - : Subject: Station access and colaboration : - - - -

[Image: 9rZ5LKW.png]

- - - - : Beginning Message : - - - -

Bueanas tardes amigo Jacob,

My name is Julio Gonzales and I am responding to your communication on behalf of the GRG.
As you are part of the Order you no doubt are aware of our agreement with the Legacy and the Overwatch.
As such we gladly accept your offer to work together on researching these alien remains,
on the stipulation, of course, that it is officially noted that we are doing so under Order supervision.
We wouldn't want to cause any issues for either of our organizations after all.

From what I understand, the research station on Planet Akabat mentioned in the communication
would be most suitable, but I will leave that to your descression.

We are looking forward to a buena cooperacion with the Order amigo!

Julio Gonzales,
signing off.

[Image: KtSg9fO.png]

[Image: VwaBqMl.png]
[Image: mczLE64.png]

- Director Taylor
- Omicron Research Group
- Sector 0 Clearance
- 01:05 AM - 15/12/826 A.S.

Greetings again,

we actually were not aware of this agreement as we usually keep out of the Order's correspondence, this, however, does make our lives a lot easier. We will stick to the original plan on conducting the research aboard the Altair due to safety reasons, at this point, we have to assume that we're dealing with a device similar to a Nomad Power Cell. Any sort of mistake on our side could lead to a system-wide disaster, should this occur I'd prefer the Altair to be far away from the Order's homeworld. At least until we can fit it with a jumpdrive or develop additional containment measures.

That being said I'm glad that you decided to cooperate with us in this manner, with our combined manpower I'm sure that progress will be made swiftly. If all goes well you would be welcomed to take a look a some of our other projects.

Here are some additional information, including the terms for this project:

I'm sorry for the rather strict set of rules, they, of course, are mere formalities and might not be enforced to their fullest extent for the sake of everyone's comfort. Access to the sectors mentioned in the document above has been registered with Security, personnel will receive necessary documents on arrival.

- Director Jacob Taylor
Omicron Research Group