Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Treaty of Reunion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Following negotiations with The Council, I wish to formally propose to Council leaders the following Treaty which, once accepted, will lead to an opening of Orkney as a trade passage between Tau and Gallia.

Quote:The Realm and Empire of Bretonia, and The Council, in order to forge a closer union of our two peoples and protect our common interests, do hereby agree to the following terms.

Clause I
The Council officially recognises that the Star System of Orkney is Bretonian sovereign territory

Clause II
Bretonia officially recognises the autonomous status of Reunion Station, and Council control over the station and the area surrounding it to a radius of 10K

Clause III
No Council Warships, of Cruiser Class or above, shall leave the 15K of Council controlled space around Reunion, other than for diplomatic purposes with Bretonian permission.

Clause IV
No Warships, of Cruiser Class or above, other than Council Warships, shall enter Council controlled space around Reunion, other than for diplomatic purposes with Council permission.

Clause V
Bretonian forces have the right to defend their sovereign territory in Orkney, excluding Council controlled areas, from invasion by forces hostile to the Empire of Bretonia such as Kusari-aligned forces, pirates, or terrorists.

Clause VI
Council forces have the right to control access through their space around Reunion as they see fit, defending the passage from pirates, terrorists, or Gallic Government forces.

Clause VII
The Bretonian Government, as is within their power, shall allow and protect the complete flow of free trade in men and materials between the Tau 23 jump hole and the Council-controlled Reunion and Gallia Passage with the following exceptions:

1) Ships belong to organisations considered hostile combatants by the House of Bretonia, such as Kusari-aligned forces, pirates and terrorists

2) Ships are carrying war materials* beleived to be destined for the House of Kusari or allies thereof.

Appendix:
* War Materials defined as Side Arms, Military Vehicles, Deuterium, Nuclear Devices, MOX, Plutonium

Commodore Sir Stanley Nelson
BAF Diplomatic Envoy to the Council
[Image: dovrmd.jpg]
...Incoming Transmission...
Source: Jacqueline "Lionne" de Laval, The Council

-Begin Transmission-

"I understand that we are new in this part of Sirius, but your proposal has me puzzled. Our scouting patrols from Reunion base have found no Bretonian presence within the Orkney system. How is it that you express control and authority over an area of space where you dont even have a station to base your ships out of?"

"At this point, we are refraining from establishing any political agreements with any house of Sirius. We would rather maintain a neutral stance towards all Sirius organizations until we better understand how you interact with one another. Making deals with one group is far too likely to draw the ire of another, and more enemies is something we cannot afford right now."

-End Transmission-
[Image: Francis-Transmissioncopy.png]
I am sorry it has taken so long to send a response.
I hope it is understandable given knowledge of the dire situation at hand.
As a member of the Northern Council, I have taken your proposal and noted the necessary changes for an agreement to be reached.

I'll await your response, Commodore.
Treaty of Reunion Wrote:The Realm and Empire of Bretonia, and The Council, in order to forge a closer union of our two peoples and protect our common interests, do hereby agree to the following terms.

Clause I
The Council officially recognises that the Star System of Orkney is Bretonian sovereign territory
Due to certain conflicts, this agreement cannot be made. It would be beneficial for this to be removed.

Clause II
Bretonia officially recognises the autonomous status of Reunion Station, and Council control over the station and the area surrounding it to a radius of 10K
With our growing need to use the <strike>ROUSSILLION</strike> "Orkney" system for various reasons, this will need to be increased to include a new, 15k radius around the Reunion Station

Clause III
No Council Warships, of Cruiser Class or above, shall leave the 15K of Council controlled space around Reunion, other than for diplomatic purposes with Bretonian permission.
This will need to be increased to include a 25k radius. My reasons for this have been witheld for the moment.

Clause IV
No Warships, of Cruiser Class or above, other than Council Warships, shall enter Council controlled space around Reunion, other than for diplomatic purposes with Council permission.
This is non-negotiable and will remain as is.

Clause V
Bretonian forces have the right to defend their sovereign territory in Orkney, excluding Council controlled areas, from invasion by forces hostile to the Empire of Bretonia such as Kusari-aligned forces, pirates, or terrorists.
This would be better phrased "Bretonian forces have the right to defend themselves against Kusari forces, excluding Council controlled areas, in which a non-negotiable and mandatory ceasefire will be honored." This ceasefire will be in place for all Council controlled areas. The only exception to this ceasefire will be in cases of self-defense, and only self-defense.

Clause VI
Council forces have the right to control access through their space around Reunion as they see fit, defending the passage from pirates, terrorists, or Gallic Government forces.
This is, to my point of view, a redundant clause. It should be common knowledge that we will have control over such territories.

Clause VII
The Bretonian Government, as is within their power, shall allow and protect the complete flow of free trade in men and materials between the Tau 23 jump hole and the Council-controlled Reunion and Gallia Passage with the following exceptions:

1) Ships belong to organisations considered hostile combatants by the House of Bretonia, such as Kusari-aligned forces, pirates and terrorists
This exception will need to be removed or changed. While drug-smugglers will definitely not be tolerated, any and all other trade that would be in support of the Council's resource needs will have to go unhindered.

2) Ships are carrying war materials* beleived to be destined for the House of Kusari or allies thereof.
This is non-negotiable and will remain as is.

Appendix:
* War Materials defined as Side Arms, Military Vehicles, Deuterium, Nuclear Devices, MOX, Plutonium

' Wrote:Following negotiations with The Council, I wish to formally propose to Council leaders the following Treaty which, once accepted, will lead to an opening of Orkney as a trade passage between Tau and Gallia.
Commodore Sir Stanley Nelson
BAF Diplomatic Envoy to the Council