Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Arbiter Tiltman | From: Natio Octavarium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Victor-Delacroix.png]

Identification: Victor Delacroix
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Arbiter Rick Tiltman

Subject: Friends, Junkers, Congressmen, Lend Me Your Gear
Encryption: Sufficient

Good evening, Arbiter. It's been some time since I saw Congress up in the Taus, and I have to say, that's quite a surprise. The collapse of the monarchy has left Gallia in quite a state. That's sure to get in the way of any attempts to reclaim their wreckage.

A few enterprising Octavarians have already gotten started on that. I'm told the Endecott sisters have been in contact before, and that brings me to why I call.

We're interested in buying your ships. All of them, essentially - I'm aware that Gitanos and Salvagers are all custom projects, but the rest are of interest to our civilians and, frankly, to the Commission. The adaptability of your ships makes them well-suited to long-range operations and to patching up with whatever we find. We're also interested in your Barrager series photon cannons. While Crayter have been generous with their support, I would rather avoid relying too heavily on any one external supplier. You understand, I'm sure. I believe a bulk license would work best, so our citizens can simply pick up your ships as the urge strikes them - easier bookkeeping for us both, just leaves the on-site credit transfer for your dockmasters.

Of course, we're able to pay. We may also be able to offer other services. The Gallic markets are open to us with the recent change of regime; we may be able to get resources otherwise unavailable to you.

Minister Victor Delacroix
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: You have my Gear, now what do you what specifically?:.

Mr.Delacroix,

It has been quite a while since we have spoken, I sincerely hope the transports we sold you are serving you dutifully. Unfortunately with the actions of ALG Waste Disposal during the war we ourselves have had our hands full in Bretonia handling the majority of the clean up operations in conjunction with Bretonian Mining and Manufacturing. Catching up on recent events is not why you have contacting me however is it? No, you wish to purchase some of our ships specifically of the "Combat Service" Line. The ships within that line including the "Combat Service Vehicle", "Combat Service Freighter", the "Collector" or as it is affectionately known as in Junker circles the "Combat Service Vehicle MK2", the "Combat Service Support Craft" more commonly known simply as the "Recycler" are for sale on our installations across Sirius. While the prior are the primary members of the Line, our "Wrecker" Gunship (which is really less of a gunship as it's name suggests and more of a well armed and armored transport akin to the Gull in cargo space) is also part of it but we are a bit more protective of it, however given our relations with the Natio in the past I see no harm in permitting you access to them. Additionally while we cannot claim ownership of the design of the archaic of the "Pilgrim Liner" we do tend to find a lot of them and often sell them off once they have been refurbished and if the Natio needed we could supply them. Contrary to popular belief if renovated well they can be quite safe and comfortable to travel in.

Let me known how many and of what kinds you need, and I can arrange for them to be ready for pick up from the Junker Installation of your choice.

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter

So, I could tell you that the Commission has an interest in a handful of Bulldogs, Collectors, and Recyclers, and a Wrecker for... alternative combat situations. And then I could go around and gather up all the civilian orders, and figure out how many Barragers the Fleet wants for a test run.

That is, indeed, a thing I could do.

But then, next time someone wants some equipment, I have to call you again, you have to be pulled away from whatever else you're working on, and we go through the same cycle again. We both have better things to do. You have an entire House of operations to rebuild and I, well... I also have things to do.

So what I'm after instead is an open agreement that Octavarians can pick up ships from your installations as they're wanted, still presumably with some form of advance payment.

We may also be able to clear up a little room on the Market Layer for some Junker work, but I'll have to confirm with Engineering and Services.

[ Transmission Ended ]

Mr.Delacroix,

Well why didn't you say so? You see if you can't clear up that space for us and and I'll make sure that any Octavarium citizen that wants to fly one of our Combat Service Line is able to get the ship they want. Now, seeing as this is a more "Long Term" deal if you will, rather than paying for individual ships, I am simply going to charge you a one time fee which will cover the standard paperwork.

For such a license you are looking at about 750,000,000 Credits, now that includes free usage of all snub classes in the Combat Service Line as well as free access to the Combat Service Freighter. However, for an extra 250,000,000 Credits I can also ensure access to the Wrecker class gunships. Otherwise those would be handled on a case by case basis, your choice really.

Regardless of your decision I look forward to future dealings with you Mr.Delacroix, it has been a pleasure as always.

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter

Hmm. That's quite the price.

Throw in the guns too and it's a deal.

[ Transmission Ended ]

You have yourself a deal Mr.Delacroix, enjoy your new toys and try not to get hurt.

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter