Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I'm curious.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
How many people in this community think they know how to effectively manage ordinance in pvp, by this i mean they can manage fighter-ordinance in the sense that they deal damage at no expense to themselves. Examples of this are smart timing on forward nuking, arc CDs properly, do classic mine traps or even land firestalkers on point.

If you feel like explaining your situation please do so. I've been curious as to how many people think this has given them a sort of advantage, or how many people think they've caught up with the average to high standard in pvp because of this.
I am having bad timings when it comes to nukes and CDs, this is why I am not a big fan of duels as a genre and prefer group fights where such things matter a little less.
I don't use mines, and I don't usually hit mines or die to them. Probably because I don't use mines.

Forward mining is gay and encourages shield running.

Edit: Hi Curious, I'm Mark.
Transports have no mines.
So Wesker is a Nomad now?

Also, ordinance is a piece of legislation enacted by a municipal authority. Ordnance is armament.

Also, traps are gay.

Also, I don't use E to launch mines. I use X!

Also, how do you make nukes go forward if the target is going away from you at the same speed? Cruise? Turn 180° on EK and launch the mine so the mine's 50-ish m/s adds to your speed? Haven't noticed it's adding when I launch it normally, the launching process seems to throw it away, thus slowing it down in this case.
I don't know Wot in Admin Battlestar is "forward nuking" and have no clue how to CD mine trap without accidentally killing myself but I've had reasonable success in laying mines in expected flight path of my enemies when they try to ram/joust.

Also what barbarian uses E for mines? I have Mouse Button 4 bind for that.

Most importantly, add Starkillers and Sunslayers back.
I sometimes blow myself up spectacularly, other times I can almost make it work. It's closer to lottery in my case than an exact science of mine-laying.
I forward nuke with shields up.
I'm still waiting for nukes' explosion ratius and dammage to be reworked tho, I feel pvping will be more consistent if that changes back.
+Nuke traps are also valid, but since you got the forward nuke why bother
Not a big fan of this forward nuking and I personally hate it when people do that.

Nuke traps are completly fine and I think this ones need more skill than the forward nukes.
I press E and i die.
Then i switch to another ship in another system, and again, i press E and i die.
Then i wake up in tars...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5