Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Administrator of Kerguelen Fabrication Facility | From: PN | CC: MNG, OCI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Jean_Bart_III.png]

Greetings to the Administrator of the Kerguelen Fabrication Facility,

my name is Jean Bart III, Inspecteur Général of the Police Nationale.
we find your Modular Base in Languedoc and unfortunately had to find out that this does not meet the legal requirements according to Gallic Laws: Extra-Atmosphérique §6.1 & §6.2.
This will likely be a mistake that you can easily fix.
Please make the necessary changes to the docking rights according to Gallic Laws: Extra-Atmosphérique §6.2 for the MNG, OCI and PN within the next 7 days.
I also remind you of the obligation to report your facility in accordance with Gallic Laws: Extra-Atmosphérique §6.1 to the Bureau de l'aménagement du territoire, for which you have a transition period until March 31 743 AGS.

Sincerely,
Jean Bart III,
Inspecteur Général Police Nationale

[Image: Gallia_Message.png]

[Image: 5RwV5za.gif]
Fabian Montluc

Monsieur Bart the Third,

We are well aware of the current requirements of modular facilities within Gallic space, and I am sure you are aware of our legal predicament with the Confederate government who illegitimately and illegally want us to stop our activities on Quillan. At the moment we are awaiting the reply of Parisian political establishment as to the situation and the legal basis of their claims. In case of their pressing their ill-based illegitimate demands and unless they offer constructive discussion as to the resolution of the issue, Kerguelen Fabrication Facility will be deconstructed and moved outside of Gallic space, hence it shall not be subsequently subject to taxation.

Until the reply, we will use the grace period you kindly provided to us to await further developments. In case of the dispute dragging down, I pledge to allow the aforementioned parties to dock with Kerguelen while it exists, although most equipment by then will be evacuated because of concerns presented above. Same applies to taxation and registration.

I hope that we will be able to reach out to you before the end of the grace period, but that now depends not on us.

Cordialment,
Baron Fabian Montluc

Greetings to Mr. Fabian Montluc,

yes, I have heard of your challenges with the new laws and parts of them have been made available to me in the frame of public hearings of the Parisian Assembly.
However, I would like to draw your attention to an essential point, without this of course being legal advice: The Gallic Laws: Extra-Atmosphérique regulates this behavior and cooperation in space. Of course, important laws such as electoral, tax and criminal law are of course not included here. I would therefore be a little more careful about Gallic Laws and definitely go to the Parisian Assembly's legal advisors who can give you an insight into the other laws.

Another point concerns your assessment that your disagreements with the Parisian Assembly have an impact on my work and our tasks.
In contrast to the Parisian Assembly, it is not the job of the Police Nationale to create or amend the law, but simply to ensure that it is observed.
I also recommend that if you move material outside of Gallia, you may have to consider any export restrictions that may be necessary.

Sincerely,
Jean Bart III,

[Image: 5RwV5za.gif]
Fabian Montluc

Monsieur Bart the Third,

I am pleased to see that Gendarmerie still has technocrats that just do their duty without delving too deep into politics. I am certain you would fare well should you continue doing so. Our predicament basically is over, I am renouncing my Gallic citizenship and leaving Gallia for good. This is not the Gallia I remember and definitely not the one I am ready to work and suffer for. Hence, our products will be manufactured elsewhere, and we have no plans on importing them into the Confederate space, so no need for visa or permits.

As for the laws, Monsieur Bart, you are wrong. The Parisian Assembly failed to provide any useful links to the laws prohibiting what we were doing and just made unfounded claims. In doing so, they just undermined the very notion of the Rule of Law, and since a fish rots from its head - I expect the Gallic Confederacy to rot soon and delve into lawlessness. There was no law provided regarding the freedom of expression, freedom of political campaigns, freedom of self-determination of peoples, and separatism. What is not prohibited - is allowed. Unlike the brief brochure the Confederacy claims to be "space laws", even our small Draft Constitution for just a minor Barony had those provisions. At any rate, I am doubtful about us meeting again. Keep Gallia safe, to the extent it can be safe in the hands of those amateurs in teh government.

Cordialment,
Baron Fabian Montluc

Greetings to Mr. Fabian Montluc,

irrelevant whether you think you are still using the Kerguelen Fabrication Facility, you have made no change to the docking rights despite being asked to do so.
For this disregard of the Gallic Laws: Extra-Atmosphérique §6.2 I impose a fine of 50mio Frances.
If you do not pay this penalty to PN | Bank within 7 days and adjust the docking rights as required, we reserve the right to destroy or confiscate the base without further notice.

Sincerely,
Jean Bart III,

[Image: ESjRIRQ.gif]

Fabian Montluc

Monsieur Bart the Third,

Following the developments with the Confederal Government, it was decided to abandon Keguelen and leave it for good. All valuable equipment had been previously unmounted and taken away. Kerguelen station is but a husk now, and we no longer intend to support it, nor returning to the Confederacy of Gallia that proved more than enough that we are not welcome to do business in Gallia. In line we this, our Board of Directors cannot care less if you destroy the facility. Obviously, nobody plans to give the access codes to the representatives of the Confederation so that the latter can reap the benefits of our hard work, even it being and empty station. Unless we can sell it, the station is useless to us. We have no intention to use it to restore Remoulins as well. You have the clearance to destroy Kerguelen or wait until it will tear itself down.

Cordialment,
Baron Fabian Montluc