Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Bretonian Government CC: Bowex, BMF, BAF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transmission Secure - Bretonian Parliament
CC: Bowex, Bretonian Mining and Manufacturing, Bretonian Armed Forces
Transmission Location: Eye of Cambridge - Shire class transport || Heavily Secured || Video Feed Active

[Image: 49uEizu.png]

I would like to help fund the construction of a war memorial in New London. This memorial would honour the sacrifices that were made by our valiant men and women who fought and died for this house during both the Tau war, and the Gallic war that had followed immediately after. As you may be aware, I'm a veteran of both wars and served multiple campaigns throughout my years of service to the Queen. I'm aware of my past, so it may discredit me to some, but I want to do something that honors the ones we've lost. I'm not a man of industry, so I don't know what we'd be expecting for surplus, but I do have the credits to assist in the funding of the proposed memorial.

The proposed location will be attached below.

Transmission Terminated || Secured Communications Accepted
Encryption Attached || 1 File

[*] New London War Memorial
[Resubmitting Tramsmission]
[Resubmitting Tramsmission]
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Gin and Tonic

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

To Probably a Bretonian Citizen,

Do you have a name, or do you identify as a Shire Class Transport called Eye of Cambridge?

We have a place for money at the extra, non MOD derived money at the BAF, and I have built a few monuments, mostly to dead admirals but a more general memorial is always a good idea. Expensive business though I am sure you will agree, depends if we go with the Giant Obelisk or the Pillar with a Horse and Rider option, I think the obelisk is cheaper but I am no stone mason.

John actually opens the attachement before continuing.

Oh what, you want to put it in space?! In the middle of the lane break that we are trying so hard to fix? Bloody hell man what are you smoking? And give me the address of where you bought the substance laced smoke sticks.

You expect me to garrison this monument to stop the inevitable vandalism or destruction that will occur? Are you aware that, despite Bretonia suffering from a horrendous genocide, a lot of people hate us? Not even the old age religious groups could pull off that level of blind hate. I didn't even get an angry letter before the hate started, where are their manners?

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond, Oversector Outer Commander
Dreadnought Venerable
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated
Transmission Secure - Bretonian Parliament
CC: Bowex, Bretonian Mining and Manufacturing, Bretonian Armed Forces
Transmission Location: Eye of Cambridge - Shire class transport || Heavily Secured || Video Feed Active

[Image: 49uEizu.png]

Admiral Redmond,

Thank you for the reply, I figured this would have gotten wrapped up in bureaucratic red-tape and shelved until an indefinite future. Also, I guess I forgot to sign off on the original message as well. My apologies. Sir, you probably don't remember me, however I served under your command back during the Kusari war. My name is Austin Goodman, and I was a proud recipient of the Carina's Cross for saving Lord Mountbatten's life during my service as an Ensign.

I have a colorful history with Bretonia, one that I'm not entirely proud of, which is why I've sent this transmission to begin with. I figured it would be my way to help remember those who've died in the fighting for the past decade, not to mention the five billion souls lost on Leeds during the glassing. My original thought of the war memorial was to have it in orbit of New London, however the debris field would cause issues with transport navigation, and even construction. The memorial itself was suppose to be a war museum of sorts, where people could come and walk the halls of remembrance and pay their respects to the fallen. I wasn't entirely aware of the construction projects for the lane, figuring that would probably take years itself. You do however raise a valid point, people do hate us, and from what I can see we probably don't have the necessary resources to garrison and support the station being constructed. I suppose next time I'll transmit the message on a clearer head, rather than one that's being ran on emotion and instinct.

I'll be forwarding a credit transfer in a few days towards the Register of Contribution for the Armed Forces. I'm sure you'll have a better use for the funds there than using them to pay out contractors to help build the station itself.

Austin Goodman, out.

Transmission Terminated || Secured Communications Accepted
No Encryption Attached
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Gin and Tonic

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

Veteran Goodman,

Ah! A vet, always a pleasure. Perhaps you have been out of the game too long that you forgot to declare yourself.

I do remember a Goodman, and that he was. At least from my experience. I am glad you survived the madness and made it. Why did you leave anyway? No wait, let me guess. Legs blown off? No, no, we would have found you new ones..
I give up, let me have it. Unless you shot your CO, then keep that to yourself. I won't bother bringing up the file, too few Kusari War vets already.

Your donation is appreciated, seems your new life has been good to you, I will see it goes to a good cause. Perhaps we can fit a monument on an existing base, that will be more cost efficient I reckon.

Oh, and if the emotion is getting too much, I have a few bombs laying about if you want to deliver them to the Enclave, you will have to pick up the P&P fees mind you.

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond, Oversector Outer Commander
Dreadnought Venerable
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated