Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An: Friedrich von Moltke | Von: Generaloberst Lichtenberg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: xRenhnC.png]

Absender: Generaloberst Wilfried Lichtenberg
Empfänger: Friedrich von Moltke
Encryption: Extreme

Von Moltke,

Or how do you prefer to call yourself? Was it... Right, Zitadelle. Whatever suits you the most.

We must have started with a wrong feet. Let's start over again - my name is Wilfried Lichtenberg and I'm newly elected Generaloberst of Die Weiße Rose. And I am here with a serious proposition, as you could already found out.

Die Weiße Rose is finally moving into more or less stable state and it means, that the whole Bundschuh movement is doing the same. Without primary sect, the corridors of Bruchsal will be painted red again. I saw it and I wish to ensure that won't happen again. Not only this, but we also lost contacts with the number of different parties, scattered across the whole Sirius sector.

Die Weiße Rose currently has no official intelligence forces. We have some agents, like Freiheit but they are acting mostly on their own accord. I read your dossier, your... Uh... Career record and you make the impression of individual, who is struggling for information from dirty personal secrets about cheating housewives to actual classified intelligence. I would call you information-maniac, but I realize that you are not collecting information for the sake of collecting information. You do it, because information means power. I do not call you a powermaniac, but you have something like this inside. Maniacs always act recklessly, when it comes to their object of sympathy, but you know when to step down. It probably explains why you are still alive.

I also could not help but mention the way you got into the movement - met our aktivists, while trying to save captured Bundschuh operatives from prison. What a coincidence, I should say. You are trying to help your Vaterland at the best of your capabilities. Why though? Trying to get a redemption for the sins from the past? I honestly don't want to know. Everyone deserves the chance to keep their skeletons in their lockers at the end.

Now let us sum up my psychological portrait on you - excessively curios individual with intelligence skills and will to turn Rheinland into better place. Seems like you are the most fitting candidate for empty chair, eh?

If it is still not clear, I offer you to take the seat of head of intelligence officer of Die Weiße Rose. So far it won't be much - a couple of experienced agents, a separate office on Bruchsal, some physical assets. Enough to prove your loyalty and abilities and deal with tasks at hand. In case of success, there will be more and you have the chance to become the third important figure in command structure of the movement - after me and my Oberst, of course.

But it can not be so easy and simple. It also means a big responsibility. If the movement fails, you will be the one who will have to take care of erasing of all information and traces and this is just the example from head.

However, before I proceed further I need to know your answer.

Don't be afraid to tell "No, I'm not ready for such kind of job". I promise to shake your hand and tell "It's okay, aktivist, just return to your duties and forget this conversation, like it never happened".

Give me the answer.

-Wilfried Lichtenberg, Generaloberst und Die Weiße Rose

Anhang:
None

FÜR RHEINLAND!

To: Wilfred Lichtenberg
Sender: Von Moltke
Subject: Unknown

[Image: mS4XqQAm.png]

Generaloberst, in such dire times we all seek for new allies and opportunities.

I can't say I don't make friends. However, I can't say I'm eagerly seeking out new betrayals either. They always succeed in finding me faster than I could prevent it – ever.
This is not a refusal, this is a friendly reminder that I have in my personal possession some data which could create some troubles for your party, for myself and whoever else sticks their nose in wrong places in wrong times. And I doubt you'd risk your chances of being a freshly elected Chancellor some day. Hehe, just kidding. I wonder if you've made an ugly face now. If it wasn't my sense of humour, I probably could be resting in a mental hospital for especially dangerous state traitors somewhere on Hamburg. And I assure you that such a facility exists, and its story won't make you happier or calm in any way, so I'm not going to keep up.

Coming back to the matters of our discussion... My attempt to save my own life while these Imp grunts were thundering my previous place of residence was a success, and I'm on my way to join your forces, or party, or whatever you call them. I hope they won't make another bullet hole in my head since I already have one. Make sure no one stands behind me, and I'll make sure that nobody stands behind you. My loyalty is not for sale, but I have got my own personal moral compass and would disagree or refuse to do something if it doesn't match my standards. I also would like to seize control of a sabotage group of yours to get some of my previously-associated operatives back from jail. They won't disappoint you. In a global perspective, we're doomed if we don't undertake some extra measures. We'll discuss this in person very, very soon.

Glück auf, Generaloberst.

Transmission terminated...