Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: C. Ludenberg, IMG | From: Lady Mountbatten | Re: Aland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: U5yUvNt.png]

Kingdom of Bretonia - The House of Lords
Her Grace The Duchess of Westminster

To: Guildmistress Celestia Ludenberg

Subject: Aland & The IMG/Bretonia Peace Agreement

Good morning,

It's been brought to my attention that certain members of the Rheinland government have been stirring up trouble in previously settled areas. This needs to be addressed before you go and do something you'll regret.

First, to address the Treaty of Snowdown. You contend that Her Majesty's Government acted in bad faith by not informing you of the treaty. Notwithstanding that IMG's initiation of hostilities against Bretonia invalidated any such treaty obligations, that treaty is, and was, a matter of public record. You not being aware of it is a failure on the part of your own legal department, not duplicity on ours. It is up to you to make yourself aware of issues that affect you, and a failure to do so on your part is very much a 'you' problem. That does not invalidate a treaty signed later, nor does it have any effect on concessions you made freely and voluntarily to secure that treaty. Point blank, you asked for Aland back, we said no, and you accepted that. The final treaty does not address it because it was never on the table. The Aland issue is settled, move on.

Now, on to the rest. Before you tear up that treaty and put your chips on Rheinland's number, as you once did with Gallia, you need to consider a few things in your calculations. Nothing has happened yet. Regardless of any buyer's remorse on your part, there is still a perfectly good treaty in effect. One that both sides have been abiding by. Is it perfect? No. But it's working anyway. Her Majesty's Government will not be the first to break that treaty, and if you choose to break it yourself, a later replacement will not be so easy to secure.

Consider the state we were in before you signed that treaty. You had lost two stations within Bretonian borders, and your one remaining producer at South Shields was under siege. You were being pushed back on all fronts, and that was with the Armed Forces mostly concerned with repelling Gallia. Should you choose to break the agreement you made, you will again find yourself in that state, only now there will be no major House military to back you up. Contrary to any sabre rattling on their part, Rheinland will not be declaring war on Bretonia on your behalf. A bet placed on Rheinland will avail you no better than your bet on Gallia did. The Rheinland economy is too dependent on trade with Bretonia for that. If they try anyway, the current majority in the Bundestag will find themselves swept out of power and replaced by a new majority who will not be so quick to ignore your past association with their enemies. Such is the nature of parliamentary politics.

None of this is intended as a threat, merely a warning. Peace prevails, and there's no reason for it not to continue to do so. The ball is, as the Libertonians say, in your court. The lives of good men and women hinge on what you do next, and I trust you'll make the right decision.

In Her Majesty's Service,

[Image: rJcHOed.png]

Lady Sarah Mountbatten, Duchess of Westminster
Ambassador-At-Large for the Kingdom of Bretonia

BRETONIA PRIMA
NUNQUAM ITERUM
CARINA, REGINA, IMPERATRIX
[Image: CznYGNt.png?1]

To: Lady Sarah Mountbatten.
Origin: Deep Omegas.
Encryption: Twin Drill Certified.

With all due respect, Lady Mountbatten,

I believe you have missed one crucial point in what herr Averbach-Schmitz have revealed to you, and that is enough to leave me slightly... no, utterly, exceptionally disappointed. Allow me to break it down to you, miss.

Guildmistress Celestia Ludenberg Wrote:In light of the transpired misinformation and misinterpretation of the Peace Treaty by the government of the Kingdom of Bretonia we, while not objecting the legitimacy of the Peace Treaty, urge our diplomatic adversaries to fulfill their responsibilities according to the Treaty of Snowdown and order the withdrawal of the Core forces present, as well as renegotiate the status of Aland Shipyard, distancing themselves from the obsolete practice that our distant ancestors have banned for it's irrelevance in the modern, ever-improving society.

I have specifically highlited the part you, Lady Mountbatten, should pay attention to, for it will serve as more than sufficient answer to your question. The peace between us stands, we do not intend to be the first party to break it either, and your disputes with Rheinland are yours, and yours alone. That is pretty much all i have to tell to you.
Have a splendid evening, lady Mountbatten.

~Celestia Ludenberg.[Image: GotiQPd.gif]

Attachments: None.

[Image: U5yUvNt.png]

Kingdom of Bretonia - The House of Lords
Her Grace The Duchess of Westminster

To: Guildmistress Celestia Ludenberg

Subject: Aland & The IMG/Bretonia Peace Agreement

Given your apparent signature on a joint declaration from Rheinland on this matter, please can you provide a revised appraisal of your position? I, once again, reiterate that Her Majesty's Government expects you to comply with all terms of the peace agreement you signed, including all concessions made securing it. Rheinland attempting to interfere in internal Bretonian matters will not change that.

In Her Majesty's Service,

[Image: rJcHOed.png]

Lady Sarah Mountbatten, Duchess of Westminster
Ambassador-At-Large for the Kingdom of Bretonia

BRETONIA SUPRA OMNES
NUNQUAM ITERUM
CARINA, REGINA, IMPERATRIX