Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [New player guide - Trade/Mine] New in space?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: SqZvYhk.png]

New in Space?

Introduction

Hi I'm Jaina and in the name of Bristol Constructions I will give you a few helpful hints on how to get started. First off congratulations on your new Sunburst! It has a few really useful tools right off the bat. First, let's get you to space!
[Image: QkMwUEH.png]

Now I'm sure you didn't go through all the effort for nothing. So the easiest way to get a few credits to start with is to mine some Helium. For that just follow the Trail of Nav Buoys. They will lead you straight to the best spots!

After a certain distance you will eventually reach a "Mineable Zone"-Buoy. Those buoys will tell you whenever there is something valuable in the area to mine. Though you might not always have the correct skills to. But that's details for later.

Now it is important that you only mine with the mining arrays mounted on the ship. Not any of those lasers. You don't need those for this.
Just deselect your flashpoint turrets in the weapon list until only the Light Mining Arrays show green.
[Image: P4AoTBM.png]

Once that is done start aiming for the small rocks that fly past! At some point you will hear your system notifying you of "tractor failure". That means your ship cannot pick up anymore. Check your cargo hold by pressing F7 and hitting the commodity symbol.
[Image: P0hBsBS.png]

So now that you have Helium, we want to sell it! The easiest way is to sell it to Planet Erie. That's fairly fast. For now your ship isn't big enough that it is worth leaving Pennsylvania with the Helium. Just keep reading the next section and then repeat this process until you feel ready to go further.

Mining improvements

While the starting ship is really good there are a few really cheap ways to get even more out of it! Once you're back on Planet Erie you will want to head to the equipment dealer. Once there, unmount your Mining arrays and Heavy Flashpoint turrets. Mount two Heavy Flashpoint turrets and sell the other two. Then buy two more Light Mining Arrays and mount all of them. In space it should look like this now:
[Image: Ixwod39.png]
The reason for that is that you get more ore by each gun that hits at the same time. So there's only a few slots that are useful here.

If you want to know more please go here: Discovery Mining Guide

Going further

From here on you have multiple options. But since we are a lawful company, I'll focus on the supply and mining part.
One option you have is to upgrade your miner to a Hegemon. That's a big unhandy ship but it has a lot more cargo space. You can buy it for a bit more than 18,000,000 credits on Valley Forge Flight School right in front of Planet Erie.
You will want the Mining Arrays that you can buy for it on slots 1-2-3-4.

[Image: Dsy_mining.png]
DU5-7Y "Hegemon" Asteroid Miner
2750 cargo space
18,000,000 credits
Sold at Valley Forge Flight School in Pennsylvania

The other option would be to buy a much bigger transport and start hauling ore. Get other people to mine for you or buy at "Emlenton Storage & Exports". Their prices used to be much higher so it's not worth selling there as much but you can fill up your transports easily. There's a few easy options:
[Image: Mammoth.png]
Mammoth
2200 cargo space
10,000,000 credits
Sold at Baltimore Shipyard in New York

[Image: Dsy_trainx2.png]
Heron
3000 cargo space
20,600,000 credits
Sold at St. Albans Shipping Platform in Virginia

[Image: Firefly.png]
Serenity
3600 cargo space
40,000,000 credits
Sold at Barrier Gate Station A in Coronado

3,600 cargo is the biggest vessel you can have with your Freelancer ID really. To fly anything bigger you really need to fly under one of the big corporations. But you can move a lot of stuff with a Serenity already. We prove that every day at Bristol!

Commands

To continue you will need some commands to make things easier for you. I will list you some of the best here:

General
/showrestarts - Shows you all possible restarts
/renameme NAME - Renames you for 2,000,000credits

Money
/gc NAME MONEY - Sends an amount of money to any other character(even offline ones)
/set cashcode - Sets a cashcode to make a ship into a bank
/drawcash NAME CASHCODE MONEY - Draws money from your bank

Connecticut
/conn - Brings you to a system for pvp training or equipment transfers
/return - Brings you back to the base you were on before going to conn
Getting the hang of it

Make Navigation easier

To navigate around you'll probably find that it's an issue that you don't have everything on your Nav Map yet. If a station or system is named that you cannot find just use one of these tools to help you:

Discovery Interactive Navmap - This tool shows you all of Sirius! Frequently updated too!

FLStat - Don't be discouraged by the look of this tool. It's fairly easy and shows you where to buy anything. Though if you want further help with it visit this guide: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database

Freelancer Companion - This tool unites some of the features of the Interactive Navmap and some of FLStat. It can show you traderoutes and actually pull the event and ore prices. For more information visit this guide: Freelancer Companion - Guide / How-To

Trade Route suggestions

Now that you have some basic funds I assume you really want to run some other routes. Considering we have an installation in Bering I'll list you some of those and then some.

(01-12-2019, 07:01 PM)Bristol Depot Wrote: [ -> ]
The main import and export of Bristol Depot is Military Salvage - sorted into origins. With 200,000 standard cargo units allocated merely for salvage the Depot is the prime exporter.

Trade Routes

A few well known trade routes are listed here:

Military Salvage Sigma Run:
Military Salvage(Bristol Depot, Bering) 3,000 -> Planet Kurile, Sigma 17, 9,905 (6,905 Profit)
Uranium Ore(Mekong Station, Sigma-21) 3,000 -> Bristol Depot, Bering - 8,500 (5,500 Profit)

Military Salvage London Run:
Military Salvage(Bristol Depot, Bering) 3,000 -> Planet New London, New London - 9,145 (6,145 Profit)
Gold Ore(Various Stations, New London) 3,000 -> Bristol Depot, Bering - 9,621 (6,621 Profit)

Military Salvage Gallia Run:
Military Salvage(Bristol Depot, Bering) 3,000 -> Planet Marne, Champagne - 14,330 (11,330 Profit)
Molybdenum Ore(Le Paradis des Chats, Languedoc) 2,500 -> Planet New Berlin, New Berlin - 11,210 (8,830 Profit)
Rheinbier(Planet New Berlin, New Berlin) 199 -> Marshall Station, Bering - 1,269 (1,070 Profit)
or
Rheinbier(Planet New Berlin, New Berlin) 199 -> Bristol Depot, Bering - 1,270 (1,071 Profit)

Mining Ships

For all details on this visit: Discovery Mining Guide

If you would like to help us mine in Bering I would suggest you to get either an ALG, DSE or Junker ID!
Get either of those by making a new ship and doing /restart rhcorpalg /restart licorpdse /restart fcjunker
The reason I suggest you to use a freighter is simple: You can mine a little yourself and drop it in space without sacrificing mining speed. Big ships are just so much slower.
Mining is best done with a friend. You can join the Mining Discord or the Bristol Discord for coordination.

For ALG you can buy:
[Image: Rh_armored_trans.png]
Ragnar
850 cargo space
3,400,000 credits
Sold at Dortmund Station in New Berlin
Place Mining Turrets on slots 4-5-6-7
You can mine Military Salvage and Premium Scrap

For DSE you can buy:
[Image: Li_freighter.png]
Rhino
560 cargo space
1,700,000 credits
Sold at Planet Manhattan in New York
Place Mining Turrets on slots 4-5-6-7
You can mine Military Salvage, Premium Scrap and Copper Ore

For Junkers you can buy:
[Image: Hw_p1_fr.png]
CSF
500 cargo space
2,700,000 credits
Sold at Beaumont Base in Texas
Place Mining Turrets on slots 4-5-7-8
You can mine Military Salvage and Premium Scrap

Mining Areas

Now that you have a ship we'll move from the Helium fields to a real mining area. For Military Salvage we will go to the Minable Zone in Bering, G6. Keep in mind that Military Salvage is not entirely legal. In Rheinland it is allowed for Rheinland corporations and in Liberty for Liberty corporations. Well and in both for Bristol.

Mining areas can be easily identified by the Mining Buoys in the fields. Just make sure you have the right combination of IFF+ID+Ship to get the bonus. Official factions get a higher bonus.
Placeholder
Bristol Constructions

Thanks for checking this out and to end on this guide I'd like to tell you more about my company.

Bristol Constructions & Manufacturing is an independent company based in Bering. We specialize in supplies, base construction and salvage mining! That really isn't the limit of what we can do but it's what our dedicated people excel at. If you wish to learn more please visit this page: Bristol Information
Or if you already met us in space or heard enough, go straight to: Recruitment
Still WIP but nearly done. Yes it's focused on my faction. I initially wanted to write a faction introduction but then someone mentioned how there was no good new player guide.

Then somehow this happened.

Please give feedback on the content or if you see something missing or important to be added.

The lack of missions or combat in this is intentional.
like it. well done Smile
i just added the Heron as option for early transport. 3k of cargo and about 20M cost, and anyone can have a very good ship

and another thing ... actually you can fly a bigger ship than 3,6k cargo with the freeelancer id .. the pirate train Pitbull
I will add the Heron later.

I don't suggest the Pirate Train to new people so they don't get destroyed by law enforcement.

Thank you!
yeah! true!!
Okay added that Heron and some commands.
Pages: 1 2 3