Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: EFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

- - - - Incoming Transmission - - - -

[Image: Titanic-Second-Officer-Charles-Lightoller.jpg]

ID: Jonathan Seabourne

To: EFL Shipbuilding Division

Subject: A Sirius Compatible Lucullus?

Greetings friends,

My name is Captain Jonathan Seabourne of the Orbital Spa and Cruise liner Breezewood. I am also the director of our White Spa Lines division, tasked with seeking out unusual and mutually beneficial partnerships. I come to you hoping we can strike a deal that will enhance our corporations and continue the process of building closer ties between all five houses of humanity.

We've recently hired a Gallic captain who had extensive experience with your magnificent Lucullus class liner. I am trying to transition OS&C to a truly inter-house corporation, and I can think of no better bridge between our peoples than for the denizens of Sirius to see a Gallic ship filled with citizens from all over peacefully traversing our skies.

Obviously, there are things that need to be worked out. Most notably that from my understanding Gallic technology would be fundamentally incompatible with our existing OS&C technology.
I am hoping, however, that we can purchase or license a compatible Lucullus from you, which would allow the luxury fleet to be a truly interhouse organization.

Plus, I will confess, I really want a group photo of the great luxury liners of humanity to adorn my wall, each decked out in OS&C livery. And such a photo would not be complete without Gallia's contribution to making the stars a little more luxurious.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood
Director, White Spa Lines Division

> > > > Closing Transmission < < < <

[Image: PojtqNs.png]
OS&C|Breezewood
Where Angels Fear to Tread
[Image: C970txV.png]

Mr.Seabourne,

Let me first and foremost apologize for the delay, things have been a bit hectic.

While you are more than welcome to come into Gallic space (Assuming you follow proper procedures prior to entering) I should warn that you may face stuff competition. You see, here in Gallia we have our own luxury vacation industry in Bouvet Space Entertainment. That being said, with the Crown gone and their heavy restrictions on who can and cannot buy certain classes of ships I see no issue allowing you to purchase a Lucullus. You are correct, there is a catch, due to the fundamental incompatibility between Gallic and Sirian technologies, specifically engines, you will have to come back to us to purchase fuel. That may seem inconvenient, however due to our increased presence in Rheinland they have begun stockpiling our fuels so I do believe you should have relatively little problems finding places to top off.

All that being said, I believe we may be able to take a little off the top of the cost. You see, I too have been eyeing up Sirian ship designs and the Renzu has caught my eye. From the price tag alone to the unmatched quality I have been dying to have one as a private vacation destination for myself and friends. So I'll make you a deal, we trade, a Lucullus for a Renzu we both get the ships in question free and clear.

What are your thoughts on the proposal?

Jeremie Dupont,
CEO, EFL Oil and Machinery

PS: If you'd be so kind, I would love a copy of that photo when you get it completed, I am willing to pay for it!

[Image: oNY8Aac.png]

To: Jeremie Dupont, CEO EFL Oil and Machinery

Subject: Re:A Sirius Compatible Lucullus?

Greetings Monsieur Dupont,

I always appreciate when a group prefers trading favors over credits. I think we can make this happen. We don't have a spare Renzu liner ready to go, but give us a bit of time and we'll be happy to make the trade to everyone's benefit. As for Bouvet Space Entertainment, a little friendly competition will bring out the best in us both. The safer and more routine space tourism is, the better it is for everyone, and I am confident the the rising tide of the actions we both take in our respective sectors will lift all boats.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood

OS&C|Breezewood

One of my captains, Caitlyn Cross of the Red Velvet Club took the initiative to close a deal with Gateway shipping for a pristine Renzu liner.
We're in the process of renovating it now to OS&C standards so you'll receive a ship that we would be comfortable flying under our own colors. When you have a Lucullus ready to go, we'll make the switch.

On the fuel front, I'm sure we'll find reason to visit Gallia and refuel in the confederation. Heaven knows there are plenty of beautiful sights and former residences that merit a port of call. I'm more concerned about the electronic systems jiving with OS&C technology. All simulations we run show a massive drop in power when we try to use any proprietary OS&C tech, but I am sure we can work something out.

When we get the fully representative luxury fleet online, you'll be the first person we send out the photo to. Given the artistic talents of some of our captains, we'll probably take a more abstract take on the final product.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood

OS&C|Breezewood

The rennovations of the Renzu are complete. I must confess that I couldn't resist the urge to take her out on her sea trials myself. She's a beautiful ship, almost enough to pull me away from my beloved Enterprise-class liner... almost! In any event, the ForSaleLiner (always bad luck to leave drydock in a ship without a name and then technician on the bridge I asked for one was... less creative than I had hoped) is ready for transfer whenever you have the Lucullus ready to trade on your end. Once we can get the frame to a drydock in Liberty, we can start the work of getting it to jive with OS&C technology!

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood
Director, White Star Lines Division
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Orbital Spa and Cruise

OS&C|Breezewood

Subject: Merci Beaucoup!

Greetings friend,

Thanks for making the ship swap finally happen. You've made Captain Dumas very happy that (someday) he will be able to fly his OS&C colors while still honoring his Gallic heritage and already there is buzz among our upper rewards tiers about who will get to take the first flight! The Pride.of.Provence made the flight safely back to Curacao (save for a misunderstanding with some Crayterians along the way). Once Dumas comes up with a good name, he's certainly have plenty of champagne bottles to christen her with: thank you for the generous gift in the hold!

Here's the first official photo of the ship in service to OS&C, the first of many I hope! My logistics division, ONE, will likely be in touch with your people in the near future for keeping her fueled. Looks like a prosperous arrangement for all parties involved.

[Image: yrsTK5M.jpg]

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood
Director, White Star Lines Division
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Orbital Spa and Cruise

OS&C|Breezewood