Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Overwatch Command Staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: HmHbKEg.png]

Col. P. Becker : [Comm-ID]
Legacy of Orillion ~
The Overwatch : [Receiver-ID]
The Order ~

Unknown Cooperation : [Subject]

I will keep this brief as it does not require much text.

Yesterday, during a routine launch from Taba, Operative Resdayn of the Legacy took note of a Gallic Naval fighter sitting within arm's length of Taba. After a short conversation before being diverted to assist with Nomad forces in Delta, the pilot proceeded to relay to Legacy command the details of the encounter over a closed channel, as the occurrence was very abnormal.

Running the details from the conversation, it would appear that the Overwatch has been coordinating over closed channels with the military of House Gallia. While the goal of the Legacy is to commune with the houses to prepare them for Nomad insurgency, it is troubling as to why one of my operatives had to encounter the product of such without any foreknowledge. Not only was Legacy High Command not alerted to this matter, but it appeared that the Gallic Navy officer Operative Resdayn encountered was not aware of the Legacy's existence, leaving both sides in the dark and all blame to be placed on the Overwatch.

I am hereby requesting the Overwatch to submit a reason as to why these details were waived over the Legacy, as well as details pertaining to the apparent operation and Gallia's Naval readiness index. Legacy code forbids any unauthorized personnel within Omicron Mu and Omicron Epsilon, and this lack of information nearly got an innocent person shot.
I expect haste.

That is all.

[Image: MzxHA15.png]
[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]

⧫ Carthage
⧫ Omicron Epsilon
⧫ 10/03/827
⧫ FROM: Colonel C. Blair
⧫ TO: Colonel P. Becker

Unknown Cooperation

Before you play a blame-game without gaining sufficient information yourself, I had to consult more than just my superiors for authority to speak on this particular matter. However the Gallic Commander had green lighted it, meaning I can divulge more details than I could have hoped yesterday. We knew of the expedition for a considerable amount of time and welcomed them on Overwatch installations.

Our backchannel to Gallia is not limited just to Gallic Confederal Defense Forces but involves police authorities, intelligence services and some government officials in Paris. We were not at freedom to divulge some information to non-Overwatch personnel beyond a need-to-know basis until now. The Overwatch has gained favor and an opportunity to supplement Gallic authorities on subjects that are our speciality: among most important The Nomads. One of the side effects for our legal activity within Gallic colonies was offering the same service to their Omicron expedition. Not everyone had loved it but ultimately it was decided that benefits outweigh the risks and MNG’s detachment to Omicrons would have arrived regardless of our opinion. The Admiralty relented and embraced our newfound allies.

You will probably wonder why they are here to begin with. Their official mission is to develop economic and diplomatic ties to the Omicron locals. We are loading their transports with palladium, iridium and even some pieces of unrestricted Sirian technology to be shipped back to Gallic core worlds. Their personnel is screened for any signs of infection and is being taught up to our own standards to ensure Confederation will not fall victim to the Nomads as best exemplified by Rheinland numerous times. It is not a one-sided exchange as examples of industrial hardware specific to Gallic economy have arrived to Akabat already. Our logistic corps is in the process of introducing Gallic materials into our chain to reduce costs and shortages.

The Order Overwatch acted with initiative, carefully applied displays of force and most importantly discretion fit of our uniforms to enable their Navy to establish themselves in Omicrons on our rules and installations than to become another pawn in Core’s already wide network of suppliers. If you desire to access the manifest of all Gallic ships operating legally in this sector under our supervision you will have to contact Commandant Pierre Vaillant himself, or simply rely on the fact that Overwatch already maintains adequate lists. Again, we are not at liberty to divulge any further information without consent of our counterpart to maintain top notch security of their flotilla.

Commandant Vaillant had chosen The Overwatch to be face of The Order. Something intrinsic and of cultural significance to Confederal leaders I suppose… “Gallic Core Values” are apparently compatible with code of conduct displayed by Overwatch Admiralty so far. As soon as political situation permits, benefits already enjoyed by us will be rolled out to an ever-increasing number of operatives until blanket permission can be issued to the entire organization so far. I do not know the mind of the other in the H.C. but I would personally recommend not to scold us when we are doing something that allegedly resonates strongly with your own M.O. - while Overwatch takes your tone surprisingly well, I cannot foresee if talking like that to a Navy magnitude greater than us can be considered a good idea.

Colonel Christopher Blair