Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Owners of Tromelin Observatory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<

[Image: 4hyMIZQ.jpg]

[To]: Tromelin Observatory
[From]: Jonas Hudson
[Subject]: Questions
[Encryption]: MEDIUM

Greetings to the owners of Tromelin Observatory,

I found your base in a sweep of territory I generally consider enemy territory. I'm just concerned since I was unable to dock on the base and get any more information on your op. So I must ask, who are you and what are your plans?

GUNCAM

Jonas Hudson

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<

[Image: JJBGqRu.png]

To: Jonas Hudson

Good afternoon.

My name is Charles Mason, I represent the Tromelin observatory - an independent research facility for stellar exploring.

First of all - you mentioned you could not dock to our station. I see no reasons to provide you permissions to dock as you even have not dared to introduce yourself.

Secondly - you also mentioned this territory is hostile to you... or enemy. However, you have not provided us with the details of who are you, as I have mentioned, who you are working for or what is your concern about the system itself.

Therefore you shall introduce yourself and provide all other details as well before any further dialogue will be done. Otherwise - the conversation is over.
>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<

[To]: Tromelin Observatory; Charles Mason

Good day Mr. Mason,

Sorry about the confusion. My name is Jonas Hudson, former Privateer, and now Freelance freedom fighter, as far as I'm concerned. I fought in Leeds durings its final months with a Privateers unit I lead called the Leeds Resistance Forces.

I know I need not explain the fate of Leeds, which brings me to why I'm contacting you. You see, despite the war having 'ended', for some of us, it didn't end at all. So, I patrol what is now the Royalists' 'Enclave' in efforts of keeping on top of their activities.

So, since you built so close to their bases, I must know, do they know about your operation? Are you friendly to them? You've chosen to do some stellar observing from a less than stellar position mate. You're deep in their space. You're either a help or a hinder to them. Regardless, I'd like to learn for myself, so if you could add Jonas.Hudson, and my Bustard Carrier the Maidstone, to your docking list, you could alleviate my concerns directly.

Otherwise, such an operation might become costly! And that's my area of expertise. But, if you can assure me you're no help to the Enclave, I might let it slide. I know it may seem extreme, but after the disaster in Leeds, people in my position must remain extra vigilant. Its nothing personal, you won't be the only installation subject to my operations in Enclave space.

Jonas Hudson

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<

[Image: JJBGqRu.png]

To: Jonas Hudson

Oh, I see. A pleasure to meet you, mister Hudson. Now we shall talk differently.

First of all - we are Gallic civilians. The Enclave does not care about us as long as we do not meddle into their affairs. They are trying to look better in the eyes of civilians and we found this sufficient to operate in their space without being bothered. We are looking for new worlds to be explored or colonized and they are not disturbing us with political things as war with the House of Bretonia nor smaller states as the Crayterian Republic, for example. Instead, we do not violate their rules so our work runs unhindered.

Secondly - we aware of the Leeds tragedy but allow me to be a bit cynic. We, Gauls, are aware of the tragedy of House Bretonia. However, understand that we are concerned about the troubles of our own House: the shortage of resources, unemployment, blatant corruption and inefficiency, and the possibility of another civil war breaking out.

Thirdly, let us face reality: you are a Bretonian and we are Gauls. We do not quite see eye to eye with one another, and certainly, we do not trust each other. Under such conditions, any sort of cooperation would be not inefficient, causing anxiety and distracting from actual work. Moreover, cooperating with you would incur the Enclave's fleet at us and our small facility that certainly has no defences from masse "Valors". You can fly around Enclave's space for all you want, we will not stop you, but do not drag civilians into your grudge with the Enclave.
>>>SIGNAL RECEIVED<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<
>>>PROXY REDIRECT<<<

[To]: Tromelin Observatory; Charles Mason

Very well Mr. Mason, I'll take a chance this time, and have decided not to push the matter any further, for now.

But I may patrol the area time to time and I won't be happy to see Enclave ships around. However if you remain a quiet operation I'll only be watching for suspicious traffic.

If your situation remains as you claim, you'll get no further trouble from me. If that were to change I may have to insist on an inspection after all. As it is, I bid you safe travels.

Jonas Hudson

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<