Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The IMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
University of Cambridge

Date: 19/03/826 A.S

Encryption:Medium

To whom it may concern

There seems to have been continuing issues over the Aland peace treaty that was signed between the House of Bretonia and the Independent Miners Guild on the 23-2-826 A.S. Specifically the situation around Aland and the term 'Assets'.

The Law Lords have instructed me to seek an amendment to the current treaty, or rather a clarification of the term 'Asset'. The Oxford English Dictionary (20th edition 788 A.S) defines an 'Asset' as: a resource controlled by an entity as a result of past events and from which future economic benefits are expected to flow to the entity. It is the result of a past event or transaction.

It was with this understanding of the term that the following was agreed: The Kingdom will lift it's claims for any and all assets of The Guild
With Aland ceasing to be controlled by the IMG at the time of signing, it ceased to be an ''Asset'' of the IMG in the eyes of the law.

Thus, the Law Lords request the following amendment to section nine (9) of the treaty:
The Kingdom will lift it's claims for any and all assets (Excluding Aland Shipyard) of The Guild and will not hinder The Guild paramilitary defensive operations in 10 kilometre radius around the Battleship Hood and South Shields Refinery. All Guild operations in Bretonian territory will comply fully with the Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law.

OR

A specific and separate clarification that Aland Shipyard ceased to belong to the IMG.

I await your reply.

Regards:
William Frederick Volker Steiner
QC

University of Cambridge

Date: 26/03/826 A.S

Encryption:Medium

To whom it may concern

Given that no reply has been received, the Law Lords have instructed me to inform you that the wording surrounding section nine (9) of the treaty the IMG-Bretonia Peace Treaty will henceforth be amended and re-worded to avoid future confusion and diplomatic mishaps.

Note: This amendment does not change the nature or the intention of the treaty nor will any other amendments be made to any other section of the treaty without an attempt at communicating with you first.

Regards:
William Frederick Volker Steiner
QC