Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Crayter Military | From: Taskmaster Flores, 4OF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: pyBjInU.png]
Incoming Transmission from Canberra Star City
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
27. MARCH 826 A.S.
To: Admiral Lisa Combes, Crayter Military
Priority: Normal
Topic: Wargames

Message Contents:

Good evening,

Just under a week ago, a combined flotilla of Crayterian and Octavarian ships engaged an Enclave raiding force of significant strength in the vicinity of Minato Harbor here in Tau-44. According to reports in front of me from Commander Miller, who was in overall command of the Octavarian force, as well as Commanders Kim and Cerise, the outcome was less than ideal. To put it bluntly, we got our asses kicked. Fortunately, we only lost one ship, Commander Miller's Enyo-class Assault Fighter. Commander Cerise is currently overseeing repairs to the Unforgiven, and we expect to have her back to fighting trim very soon. We lost seven crewman aboard the Unforgiven when the compartment they were working in was opened to space, but sustained no other casualties. Overall, it wasn't good, but it could've been a lot worse had the Enclave not withdrew back to their own occupied space.

When the Enclave return, and make no mistake, the Enclave will return now that they smell blood in the water, we will need to do better. I have well over a hundred thousand civilian lives resting on our best efforts, and I know you do as well. To that end, I propose we contact the Marine Nationale Gauloise and arrange a series of wargames to better prepare our forces. Aside from the obvious benefit of training with forces with similar equipment and combat doctrines as our enemy, forging closer ties with our northern neighbors would allow us to better coordinate our disparate forces against our common enemy.

I have not yet contacted the MNG, preferring instead to confer with our confederal partners in the Crayter Republic first, but the MNG, and the Gallic Confederation as a whole, have just as much incentive to check the Enclave's ambitions in the Taus as we do. If you agree with my proposal, however, I am willing to initiate contact on behalf of both our nations.

What do you say, Admiral? Are you interested?

Taskmaster Eva Flores, OCS Unforgiven
Fourth Octavarium Fleet

Transmission End
[Image: D6FNAXV.png]

Taskmaster Flores,

I agree, the recent skirmish in Tau-44 was far less than expected of anti-Enclave forces, and we owe it not just to ourselves but to those we serve to do better. I was there commanding Crayter forces aboard the Eris, and we need to be better prepared to not only deal with these incursions, but to deflect them and push against the Enclave. We won the damn war, and it's inexcusable that these genocidal maniacs cut off from supply are still finding ways to out-maneuver our forces.

The Crayter Military will gladly take part in these wargames if even there is a slight chance of increasing our efficiency on these matters. Forging a better tie with Gallia serves the entire Republic as well, so color me and the Military interested.

I'll be awaiting further information on this matter.

For those we left behind.

Lisa Combes
Fleet Admiral
Crayter Republic
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
28. MARCH 827 A.S.

Message Contents:

Good evening,

I'm glad to hear that we're both on the same page on this. I'll be contacting the MNG shortly. I'll make sure you're looped into the comm so you won't need to get all the details secondhand. As always, it's good working with you and the Crayter Military, Admiral.

Fourth Octavarium Fleet

Transmission End
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
04. APRIL 827 A.S.

Message Contents:

Good evening,

I assume you've been following my communication with Commandant Vaillant of the MNG. So far, they seem receptive, and they proposed that we hold the wargames in Tau-44. I see no particular reason to object to that suggestion, but I wanted to get your thoughts before going further. For my part, I think we should accept and suggest that a future round of wargames be held on their territory in return. What do you think?

Fourth Octavarium Fleet

Transmission End
[Image: D6FNAXV.png]

Taskmaster Flores,

I have been keeping up, yes. Tau-44, while host to a civilian populace, is frontier enough for training operations to be done with relative safety and security, so wargames thereworks out well. Proposing future wargames within their territory is smart, with the likely location I would think being Provence, so adding that in would not only add scenery but potential environmental diversity.

I suppose the question now is when to begin organizing these wargames, which should be coordinated with the MNG.
Keep me posted.

For those we left behind.

Lisa Combes
Fleet Admiral
Crayter Republic