Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An exciting construction project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leon Dante is my name and I am looking out of the domed windows of the Freeport 12 main base command centre and thinking out loud to myself ......"Wonder who this Freelance engineer is then ".

This was an exciting day for Leon as the start of a new venture for Freeport 12 was about to begin.

The contract workers were in refitting a large portion of the base for a vessel design and manufacturing facility and the first project was due to start within a matter of days from now and he needed to recruit people really quickly to get things rolling.

Today sees the first interview of a recommended Freelance engineer who would design the first vessel which would be overseen by some zoner engineers who have been at Freeport 12 for a number of years and are normally maintaining all the Zoners of Galileo ships and their contract ships.

This project would see a vessel like no other Sirius has ever seen and would need alot of hard work and sweat to be able to introduce this beast into the Sirius community.

It will be known as a Deep Space Mining and Exploration Capital ship,which means that this vessel will be rather large in its size.

Maybe not quite as large as a Dreadnought but once the designs are put forward the High Command team will choose one to hopefully be built and tested.

"Mr Dante to docking bay three please your'e visitor has arrived" - came the sound over the base comms system.

So Leon made his way to the designated docking bay to meet this individual and see what he has to offer these excited Zoners ................

(to be continued)
Leon entered the docking bay and was greeted by a tall well dressed gentleman.

Leon : "Frank Carter I presume"

Frank : "and you must be Leon Dante pleasure to meet you,Frank Carter Freelance Engineer at your'e service"

The two shook hands and Leon decided to take Frank on a tour of the station which lasted about an hour or so and he seemed very impressed with the layout.

Frank : " so this is the facility where i will be working then"

leon : " yes it wil and its going to be state of the art and the only one in Sirius"

Frank : "impressive so far"

Leon : "Nowhere near finished yet I'm afraid"

Leon continued to walk with Frank and exlained he needed a ship that has never been tried before and would be of exceptional size and would be stacked with lots of equipment that would be manufactured at Freeport 12.

He explained that his office would be aboard the Extension facility so as not to be disturbed with his initial planning process then the manufacure and building side would be aboard the main facility.

Frank proceeded to show Leon some of his work and they chatted for several minutes and then made their way to the base restaurant to have a bite to eat.
After having a few drinks in the bar it was time for Frank to depart and also for Leon to decide whether this fellow was the right man for the job.

Leon : " pleasure to meet you Frank and I should be in touch with you soon as I can"

Frank : " Thankyou Mr. Dante and I look forward to your reply "

Frank boarded his ship and departed with haste to his home on planet Los Angeles in California and Leon decided to take his seat in the Command centre for a while.............

(to be continued)

Leon was sitting at his desk going through his private messages from all the contrators doing work on the ship building arrangements for Freeport 12 and a message flashed up on screen for him to go immediately to the construction site as there was a serious development going on.

Leon arrived at the site and was met by the Chief of construction who then made Leon aware that the facility was not big enough for the ship to be built.
This was a result that Leon did not want as he was due to have another meeting with a possible new Commander who would be overseeing the ships construction and will be in charge of the ship once it is built.

Leon : "Ok Chief i would like your men to suspend construction for now and please continue to work on the research labs and the annex being built on Freeport 12 extension for our freelance designer for now and we will get back to this facility hopefully when that is completed".

Chief : " Ok sir we will continue to the extension for now"

Leon was devastated with this development and having to put back construction of the facility was not good and he made his way back to the Command centre to see what was going on there.

Tannoy : "Leon Dante to the command centre please you have a visitor"

*Leon thinking aloud* "Oh my god its the new Commander for the ship"
Leon started to run through what he could tell her about why the construction site was halted and what they were going to do.

*Knock* * Knock*.....Leon : " Come in "

A quite attractive woman entered Leon dante's office and introduced herself.

Evangeline : " Hi there Commander Evangeline Song of the Wingman Command Ship Repulse at your'e service"

Leon : " Welcome to Freeport 12 Commander please take a seat"

Leon started the conversation by explaining to Evangeline that the construction of the ships building area was going to be too small and construction was being halted on that for now.
Evangeline listened carefully and had an idea....

Evangeline : "Why dont you just construct a Larger base nearby capable of housing the ship and manufacturing it and also stocking multiple commodities aswell ,so basically a vast facility asweel as Freeport 12 and the extension"

Leon : "Interesting"

Leon had a lengthy conversation with Evangeline and she explained that Salt Lake station in New York was a vast facility nearly the same as Freeport 12 and was mainly a hub for all their ships and ideal for their needs where as Freeport 12 will need this other facility to be able to introduce this ship and be able to fly it as soon as possible.

Leon sat and pondered and decided what he was going to do .... Employ Evangeline straight away ,also employ Frank Carter aswell and get things rolling as soon as possible with the planning stages and have both of them doing that and Leon would start to try and figure out how and what he needs to do to get this other facility built as soon as possible .....

Leon : " well I've got alot to do and not sure how I'm going to do it..”

(to be continued)
Enter The League.

"Colossus, take us in gentle."

Elroy Carpenter, given the responsibility of commanding the League Carrier Maximum Brick, was braced for another distortion of reality. The Brick chafed in the mouth of Prosperity ready to be precision-delivered to its destination.
"This is Prosperity control on the Panoptic. You're clear, Bursar." The voice came through clear and true, and a moment later, a white flash could be seen by Leon Dante and friends.

Elroy gestured to his bridge gofer. "Get me on the horn with them. We've got some talks to do."

"Attention Zoners of Galileo. Colossus has been tracking traffic to this area, and has concluded that you are attempting to build a Freeport. Our Senate has convened and agreed that this is a worthy endeavor to assist. We invite Mr. Leon Dante aboard to meet with our Bursar and a third party in a secure location. We shove off in an hour."

Elroy put down the blower, and again turned to the gofer. "Send a tasteful memo to Gunsmith, she'll probably want more work for her boys and this is the ticket."

// NB: Prosperity and Panoptic are in a system that is THP's equivalent of Samarra and do not currently exist in-game.

Leon : "Comms Officer tell the Maximum Brick that I will be aboard within the next thirty minutes after I gather two more people to accompany me".

Comms Officer : "Aye aye Chief".

Immediately Leon contacted Evangeline and Frank to accompany him aboard the Carrier to discuss everything with them and hopefully will start and bring both projects into operation and will see everything push on and get done as soon as possible.

The Maximum Brick slipped away from the morrings alongside Freeport 12 and proceeded to a safe distance from the Base and halted for a moment or two.

Leon : "Greetings commander Carpenter I am intrigued to find out what is in store for our little discussion"

Comm Carpenter : "Well I have been asked to take you to the Conference room here aboard the Carrier so will you please follow me with your'e colleagues".

So Leon, Evangeline and Frank made their way with all the documents and designs and everything they had done so far for the ship and made way into the Conference room and took their seats alone until the others who invited them aboard arrived.

(to be continued)
So Doc Halite was on his way into the room with the Zoners in it, when he realized that Colossus had pre-emptively issued the orders to shove off as soon as the Zoners were arrived. The Zoners themselves had set up in the conference room, and the man himself was coming down the lift now.

The conference room's door opened and in walked the paper-pusher himself. "Ah, there you are. We'll be picking up the leader of a team of expert engineers to take a look over what you got. Ah, I know of you, Mr. Dante, but who are these two you've brought with you? Wait, don't tell me, I recognize one from the Wingman iconography. I hear good things, friend." That last comment was addressed to the woman Leon had chosen to surround himself with. Elroy could not fault the man for his taste in traveling companions in the slightest.

"I believe the lady should be waiting at our pre-ordained rendezvous."
All of a sudden this horrible figure covered in a massive biological powered carapace burst into the room and scooped up Leon Dante and friends with its prehensile extra limbs sticking out of the carapace, before disappearing in a flash of white.

Elsewhere...

"I see that ten and raise you five."

FLOOOMP!

And then the COO and his friends were unceremoniously dropped off back home.
A winded-looking Willow Holt then lifted the visor off her powered suit and waved at the dumbstruck Zoners, before disappearing in another flash of white and leaving the faint scent of lilacs. So ended the participation of Leon Dante and his crew in the construction of the new and improved Freeport 12.

They were Zoners, what could they possibly do to the construction site going up one way or the other?