Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Commandant Vaillant, MNG | From: Taskmaster Flores, 4OF | Re: Wargames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: pyBjInU.png]
Incoming Transmission from Canberra Star City
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
28. MARCH 826 A.S.
To: Commandant Pierre Vaillant, MNG
CC: Admiral Lisa Combes, Crayter Military
Priority: Elevated
Topic: Wargames

Message Contents:

Good evening, Commandant,

My name is Taskmaster Eva Flores, overall commander of the Fourth Octavarium Fleet. I thank you for taking the time to read this message. If you recall, we met during the glassing of Leeds. In the midst of that unthinkable atrocity you acted honorably, as a true soldier should, so I feel confident in contacting you now. I'm contacting you because there are no formal, high-level contacts between our respective militaries. I have a proposal on behalf of both the Fourth Octavarium Fleet and the Crayter Military that I would like you to pass on to your superiors.

In order to facilitate improved communication and coordination between our three nation's military forces against the Gallic Royalist Enclave, I am proposing we set up a series of wargames. In addition to the obvious diplomatic benefits, the training can only improve the readiness of our forces, as well as highlight areas where we can improve without the lesson being a posthumous one.

Please contact me as soon as you've had a chance to confer with your superiors.

Taskmaster Eva Flores, OCS Unforgiven
Fourth Octavarium Fleet

Transmission End
29th March 743 A.G.S.
Lorraine System
[Image: unknown_21.png]

Sender: Commandant Pierre Vaillant
Recipient: Taskmaster Eva Flores
Subject: Wargames

Taskmaster Eva Flores,

Suddenly, holographic figure of a Pierre Vaillant, Commandant of Marine Nationale Gauloise, formed instead of a screen. Even while he is one sixth of his actual size and holographic, he is still graceful as a falcon and comparison goes further as he looks on a receiver with his eagle eyes and speaks in a commanding and firm tone

I was dealing with other issues when I saw your curious transmission, that's why I decided to take some of my time to give you an answer. On the other hand, I wish you the bonjour.

Quite curious you remember a Gallic Commandant like me many months after the Glassing of Leeds. Meanwhile my memory doesn't serve this time and the only thing I remember of your faction is shooting your vessels down when they dared to challenge me. He laughs while taking a glass of wine.

However, the times have changed I guess. Trust me you made the right choice of person for these negotiations. I am apparently a famous Gallic person within the ranks of your military...Drinks the wine entirely

The contacts between our militaries have been minimal. This is subject to change. Nevertheless I regret for not being able to deliver you a straight foward answer for now. The High Command shall discuss about this as well as the area of training. You would like to include the Crayterians in this but our contacts since the end of the war is almost non-existent. Are they willing to play the game correctly as well ?

Sincèrement

Marine Nationale Gauloise, Commandant Pierre Vaillant.

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
29. MARCH 826 A.S.

Message Contents:

Good afternoon,

Commandant, thank you for your prompt reply. You are surprised that I remember our meeting? There were few occasions during the war where soldiers on opposite sides had the opportunity to speak to one another beyond the usual taunts that often precede open combat. These exceptions to the general rule tend to stand out in my experience. The fact that we met in the midst of an unparalled war crime only makes the incident more memorable.

Now, enough goldbricking. We've got business to get on with. I'm not disappointed at the lack of a firm answer to my proposal at this point, as I fully anticipated your need to confer with your superiors. Prior to opening to this channel, I conferred with my counterpart in the Crayter Military and she agreed with my proposal. If you'll note, this channel is CC'd to Admiral Combes, so you need not be concerned about my speaking on their behalf. They've been in the loop since the beginning.

I await your reply once your superiors have had an opportunity to rewiew my proposal. Stay safe out there.

Fourth Octavarium Fleet

Transmission End
31th March 743 A.G.S.
Lorraine System
[Image: unknown_21.png]

Sender: Commandant Pierre Vaillant
Recipient: Taskmaster Eva Flores
Subject: Wargames

Taskmaster Eva Flores,

A large holographic image of Vaillant sitting on his command chair appeared. We could see the old Kingdom of Gallia emblem on the back of the chair as it was not facing the screen. Suddenly, the chair turned in a fast move towards the luminous screen showing up a determined Vaillant holding a glass of wine in his left hand.

So the Crayterians are motivated? Mhm. He went silent, closing his eyes and smiling sarcasticly..

I have submitted your proposal to the Haut Commandement. They agreed on the idea of organized wargames with Natio Octavarium and Crayter Military in the better delay.

However the actual place of these wargames is remaining pending, yet we believe Tau-44 would be the most appropriate place. Your City of Camberra could be helpful. Submit this idea to your Crayterians friends and come to me when your decision is taken.

Vaillant greeted with a gesture of the head while the holographic image was disappearing.

Marine Nationale Gauloise, Commandant Pierre Vaillant.

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
05. APRIL 826 A.S.

Message Contents:

Good afternoon,

We accept your proposal concerning Tau-44. Should these wargames be successful, though, we feel it would be appropriate to hold a second round at a later date on Gallic territory. Provence would be ideal, both due to the relative proximity to Tau-44, and the varied terrain the system offers. If we're agreed, then the next step would be to talk scheduling.

Fourth Octavarium Fleet

Transmission End