Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »: Corin Frei. | From: Your friendly neighborhood Templar.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

»ID: Francesca Lucchini
»Location: Yaren Base, Omicron Delta
»Subject: What got the wires fried
»ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

You wanted to know what got the wiring fried when you attempted to utilise those peculiar pieces of technology you got your hands on.

And it just so happens that i have the answer for you. As a matter of fact, due to the specifications of these samples very few groups in Sirius have the expertise to make them work - due to the way they tap into the vessel core to convert the energy into projectiles. My general suggestion would be not to dig around this too much as it may endanger your lives needlessly - the samples aren't much different from active artifacts, and you have made the right choice when you handed them over to someone capable of handling them properly.

This answer, i believe, should suffice.

~Francesca Lucchini
Templar, The Core[Image: GotiQPd.gif]

Attachments: None.

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: YIzA476.png]
[Image: un_f1_UN.png]
Alster Unioners
Sender ID: Corin Frei
Tacname: Boetius
Positional group: Hoffnung, Führung, Arbeit, Wahrheit
Location: UN|Faint.Parry.Riposte! - Cell Directorate Asset. Hamburg.
Branchgroup: Unioners

[Image: qpUXL2n.gif]

The engineer in him is intrigued. It was exactly the eldrich, ropey ship-born techcrata that appealed to a Unioner.

Fast response, Templar.

Right. You have your bulk-standard electrical engineering principles at play here. Nothing that violates thermodynamics, as we may have feared. A biological generator, similar to a wetware computer, likely demands a particular ramping current. I take that they are electromechanical in nature, that being as efficient an energy transfer system as conventional physics allow. Not that the alien contain themselves to that.

So if they had a power source they are accustomed to, then they would function. Likely with the correct controlling reflexes. Perhaps a good analogy is a heart, or an antimatter storage vacuum that must be actively managed. You are correct. We do not have the resources for such endeavours.

Further investigation would require more weaponry and some form of power source comprehensible to alien physiology. They are great adaptors. I suspect more adaptable than humans to variant blood types.

That would be academic. We do not, to my knowledge, have a power cell or further guns that would allow us to investigate further, even if we chose to.

Thank you for your input, Templar Lucchini.

Thank you for your tact, miss Luccini.