Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A entreaty from the VonClaussen Campaign (RF Imperial Party), to Orbital Spa Lines.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 3VObImS.gif]
[Image: k61Y0RT.gif]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: Z4H6J5n.png?1]
With cordial respect to the recipient, from the office of the VonClaussen estate, Planet Hamburg.

Sent on behalf, and dictated by, his excellency, Herr VonClaussen of the Sternenseegarten, Östlichedornberge, Planet Hamburg.

Reviewed by the pressers and communications team of the #Linus827 campaign.

Communications do not constitute policy declarations unless stated by Linus VonClaussen or a representative of the VonClaussen policy team.

The Von Claussens provide signed permission for messages released in these transmissions to be quoted in external forums and media, including press broadcasts.

Addressed to: Orbital Spa and Cruise Lines
Urgency: Buisness is always important, as is the comfort of a customer, and the ease of a provider.
Encryption: As high as money can buy.

[Image: 8oa06VY.jpg?1]

Linus is sipping warm coffee in the back of his exquisitely plush CST-005; the apex of luxury for the genteel class that Claussen belonged to. Orbital Spa and Cruise branding was inoffensively visible even through the customised twill of the interior. In the navigation cupola, Claussen's manservant whilst he is off-world, Shultheiss Shain, professionally presses the deafening switch, isolating the cockpit seamlessly from the rest of the cabin.

"My dear contractors."

"My family has been so generous as to bequeath upon me a hire, necessary for the ardous work of political campaigning. Now that the election season has given way to the bonny winds of activism and aclarity, I must maintain conveyance."

"Due to the circumstances of the time - I am the spokesman of the Majority shadow party within the Rheinland Nation - and I am the effective shadow chancellor. This mantle requires delicacy and care - Orbital Spa and Cruise has an impeccable history of providing services to those that the news networks style "VIPs", such as myself. I cannot fault your company's immaculate record of service and protection. My chiropractor has noted that my posture has notably improved since I hired one of your upholsterers to redo the interior of the Sternenseegarten's Tanzanite smoking room. For this, and other boons, you have my thanks, good sirs."

"I am a customer of Orbital Spa and cruise - the shuttle that hire to relay me, and my, hm, impeccably considerate manservant, Schultheiss Shain, is, by extension, a contractor within Orbital Spa and Cruise. Under the newfound circumstances placed upon is, I wish to negotiate the terms of contract for Mister Shain's service under the Von Claussen Campaign, with a negotiated salary paid by the Imperial Party at large."

"On a personal note, I consider my dear Shultheiss indispensable - we would surely be remiss without him! I hope that we may negotiate a contract for the continued hire of my manservant, the cost of valeting and maintaining his shuttle at varied private garages and hangars of the Imperial Party, and the delicate matter of the cost of insurance for both myself and Mister Shultheiss whilst we are aboard the vessel. Then there is the delicate matter of internal adjustments to the shuttle as paid for by interior design artiers. I prefer to have adequate tea-making facilities in my shuttle."

"Would ten million credits per month, suffice to fill the cost of contracture for Mister Shain and the 'Lichtwellen in der Linde'. Do inform me if the offer is inadequate. I aim to pay above market value for what I consider the premium services of master Shain."

"This is the contract I propose."

Contract wording Wrote:
[Image: tLSSGFO.png?1]
Orbital Spa and Cruise CST-005 Intersystem Limousine
The VonClaussen Estate, Signatory Linus Von Claussen, will make use of the Orbital Spa and Cruise 'Taurus' Class shuttle, in its luxury configuration, as personal transport in an independent capacity. The shuttle will continue to wear Orbital Spa and Cruise transponders as it will be operated by Orbital Spa and Cruise provided contractors.

Orbital Spa will provide insurance coverage for the LVC, along with prospective passengers, crew, and damages, during the continuation of the shuttle's service.

The VonClaussen Estate reserves the right to modify the shuttle in accordance with Orbital Spa and Cruise owner's agreements, with the corresponding notification to OS and C insurance.

Manservant Schultheiss Shain will be retained by VonClaussen along with the accompanying vehicle.

The shuttle will remain corporate property of OS and C. VonClaussen will remain the renting body for use of the shuttle as a personal vehicle. As an OS and C vessel, the craft will retain all OS and C documentation.

Ten million standard Sirian credits will be transferred to an account of Orbital Spa and Cruise Lines' volition, upon the first day of every month.

Any questions between the client (LvC Campaign) and contractor (Orbital Spa and Cruise Lines) will be answered in complete confidentiality.

The hire in no way reflects upon the political, economic, or moral persuasions of either the Rheinland Imperial Party, Linus Von Claussen, or Orbital Spa and Cruise Lines.

"Please inform me if you have any additional questions - as I am sure you must."

With civillity and respect, I remain your servant;
[Image: yJSGkMo.png]

- - - - Incoming Transmission - - - -

[Image: Titanic-Second-Officer-Charles-Lightoller.jpg]

ID: Jonathan Seabourne

To: Linus VonClaussen

Subject: Personal Shuttle Service

Greetings Herr VonClaussen,

Apologies for the late reply. We are certainly interested in providing VIP shuttles and pilots to carry the movers and shakers of Sirius to where they need to be. However, given recent events in Rheinland, we would need clarification on your legal situation with one of our partner houses before proceeding with such an arrangement. We are a cruise line, not an interhouse agency tasked with providing amnesty for political refugees, and our Liberty charter along with agreements with Rheinland would prohibit us from working with a declared fugitive from the law.

Of course, if there are mitigating circumstances in play or if this incident is a misunderstanding, we could still be persuaded to help. Otherwise, you are free to purchase a shuttle from Curacao if you can get here (the ship purchaser on Baden-Baden might be a better call, though the selection is more limited). But know that if you ask us to make a delivery, that would constitute "information on the whereabouts of Linus von Claussen," which we are legally obliged to pass along to the authorities.

I hope this situation resolves profitably for all parties involved, but I don't even know if legally I can wish you good luck right now without it being construed as an action undermining the Federal Republic. Rheinland holds one of our resort worlds, and I will always act in the interests of Orbital Spa and Cruise to protect our assets. Whatever information you chose to relay, assume I will react accordingly.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood
Director, White Star Lines Division
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Orbital Spa and Cruise

> > > > Closing Transmission < < < <

[Image: PojtqNs.png]
OS&C|Breezewood
Where Angels Fear to Tread
[Image: pb83oPV.gif]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With cordial respect to the recipient, from the office of the VonClaussen estate, Planet Hamburg.

Sent on behalf, and dictated by, his excellency, Herr VonClaussen of the Sternenseegarten, Östlichedornberge, Planet Hamburg.

Communications do not constitute policy declarations unless stated by Linus VonClaussen or a representative of the VonClaussen policy team.

The Von Claussens provide signed permission for messages released in these transmissions to be quoted in external forums and media, including press broadcasts.

Urgency: Buisness is always important, as is the comfort of a customer, and the ease of a provider.

[Image: 8oa06VY.jpg?1]

Linus VonClaussen, the political maverick, and Sir Linus VonClaussen, the prevailing anti-revolutionary, appeared to have very different demeanours in a mere forty-eight hours. Much appeared to have changed within the politician. For one, his is significantly sharper.

"Yes! Jonathan Seabourne, is it? Very good! I will be sure to remember your name in the days to come."

"You will find that that there has been a slight administrative error in your corporation's interpretation of the laws of the Rheinland realm. A mere systematic error, I am sure. It is most reassuring that you point out, aptly, Orbital Spa and Cruise lines' devotion to law and order. In your own words, you are not an inter-house agency tasked with providing amnesty for political refugees. Very good."

"I take your promise that your company will not be conducting business with the Federal insurrectionists, as gospel. An especial consideration must be paid by a benevolent court, to the benefactors who aided them in their hour of need. Public service does not end at the public sector, nor does the reach of the national legislature at the impeccable white sand beaches of Baden-Baden. A jewel of the Rhein. Worthy of significant state investment."

"Step one, Mister Seaborne. We have a contract to sign. Shall we?"

With civillity and respect, I remain a Servant of his Imperial Majesty, Kaiser Albrecht, and the Imperial Order;

Subject: Contract

Greetings friend,

Let's focus on the contract for a personal shuttlecraft and safe the rest for when things have calmed down in Rheinland. I saw the nomad incursion myself earlier in New Berlin as I was scouting with my own Taurus, so one thing at a time seems to be the order of the day. Your terms are agreeable, payment can be made to OS&C|Guilder[Bank]. If there is anything else you need for your shuttlecraft, please don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your flight, Mr. VonClaussen.

Oh, and the battleship Karlsruhe, the large capital ship maintaining vigil over the route to Baden Baden, appears to have a similar "clerical error," as you called it. I imagine resolving their understanding of the situation will be a far more pressing concern than hashing out Rheinland's relationship with OS&C.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood

OS&C|Breezewood

Subject: Stuttgart

I hope this channel is still open and active between us. First, I wanted to thank you for respecting OS&C neutrality in this conflict. As a Liberty chartered corporation with holdings in Rheinland space, I am glad you can appreciate the complexities of our situation.

That being said, the situation on Stuttgart does rattle me. The sooner order is restored to the system, the better it is for all parties involved. OS&C ships are not equipped to ship out detainees or transport materiel to the surface, but moving large amounts of voluntary passengers is our bread and butter. I know the Federalists are evacuating their people to Thuringia, and the sooner they are out of Stuttgart, the sooner life can return to normal in the system. They might cause problems for your efforts later down the road, of course, so I do not fault you for cracking down on such an evacuation.

I have a proposal: Let an OS&C ship (or ships) evacuate some of the Federals off Stuttgart. We'll write up the event in our publication, Wanderlust, and it can serve as a propaganda boost for yourself, a chance to appear kind hearted and magnanimous to all Rheinlanders, even to your enemies. Letting a single load through would be enough to get you the good publicity and might stave off years of insurrection. Any time someone will try to sully your name on Stuttgart, someone will counter, "Yeah, but he did let those evac ships through." A few thousand potential evacuees might be well worth having more of Stuttgart speaking on your defense, especially when all of those evacuees know the only reason they could get off world is because you allowed it. It also puts the Federals in a bind: stopping our ships means firing on their own people just to spite you and your government. Letting us through means tacitly accepting that it is you, not them, who is calling the shots in Stuttgart. OS&C gets to do a good turn for both sides in the conflict, Stuttgart is pacified that much sooner with that many fewer recruits to a potential resistance still in system, and Wanderlust gets a good story. Everybody wins.

I was at the Leeds evacuation during the war, I've seen the power that such acts can have first hand. I know I've come to the defense of the Gallic navy on multiple occasions because of the captains who refused to fire on the Breezewood as we were evacuating Bretonians from the planet before it was glassed. There is potential to show your strength in novel ways here.

Of course, you're in the middle of a war and if all this sounds like nonsense to you, by all means tell me to stick to Baden Baden. I'm just trying to do a good turn for as many people as possible.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood

OS&C|Breezewood
[Image: pb83oPV.gif]

[Image: IHf7Evs.png?1]

Linus VonClaussen, the political maverick, and Sir Linus VonClaussen, the prevailing anti-revolutionary, appeared to have very different demeanours in a mere forty-eight hours. Much appeared to have changed within the politician. For one, his is significantly sharper.

"Mister seaborne, I do apologise for the delay in communications. We are in amidships a barque of providence, tacked windward towards the unknown, far-dawn shore. There may be cannibals afoot, a mouth, or indeed any of the other bodyparts we may stand to dispatch to our energies."

"Your funds have been wired. I am once more a customer of Orbital Spa and Cruise lines. Regarding your offer to evacuate those who are lamentably disbursed into the federal pocketbook, I have no aspersion to you neatly removing them from the equation in the comfort and pomp for which your company is renowed. Belief is not a crime in Rheinland, only direct action is - and given impending fiscal belt-tightening on inter-house monetary transfers, such socially active sortitionists would be a benefit abroad, than in a home they will no longer lend exertion to its upkeep."

"Everyone wins, like you say. Why, incentivising the well-intentioned traveller to grace the pleasures of Baden-Baden would be in the Empire's interest - and yours. You need but name your requirements, and I will bring them before the imperial diet. Voting is the atlas of our cellestiopolitical universe, Sir Seabourne. Amongst those who have earned such service."

"Sir Seabourne, I do have a pressing interest. I am, as of now, the Ducal liege of the Rhein's second Dutchy - Hamburg. A continuation of my role as provincial chancellor, for continuity of representatives, is a reassuring boon to a populace faced with the onset of the new. You will have find that the local crime levels in my homeland have dropped quite drastically! Odd, that.

Hamburg is an ideal world for winter games. It is rather more seasonal than New Berlin, and has its temperate spells. The alpine quintessence of our breathtaking glacial seas have the potential to form a remarkable tourist attraction. You may find that my... institutional interests and those of the state can be made to shake hands once in a while. I would be a worthy ally for your corporation, and for your clientele."

"Think it over. To the health of your company in Rheinland, and do inform us if you have suffered any stock losses from the insurrection. The Empire would be more than willing to purchase a convalescent investment of shares."

With civillity and respect, I remain a Servant of his Imperial Majesty, Kaiser Albrecht, and the Imperial Order;

Subject: Hamburg

New Berlin has always been problematic with its lengthy day night cycles. Any property we hold is only useful half of the time, leading to a lot of interesting logistical solutions on our end. Most of our assets on the capital can be packed up and moved to properties on the other side of the planet which are activated as they come out of "hibernation." It's functional, but less than ideal. And it is an open secret that Baden Baden has always struggled the most of all OS&C properties. We had hopes that Gallic tourists coming in from Zurich would finally make the world viable, but those plans now seem delayed indefinitely.

Developing Hamburg's tourism industry would be in the best interests of all involved. Certainly it is more accessible to the Liberty market. So long as the empire secures the friendship of Liberty, it would be easy to fill Hamburg's resorts with socialites and other tourists, though admittedly it would face competition from Denver on that front. Most Rheinlanders want to escape their comparatively cold worlds, and Libertonians looking for slopes can turn to Colorado. I think we can start to drum up some business for Hamburg, but obviously we need to proceed with caution.

I'd like to take point on this with the Breezewood and a writeup in Wanderlust magazine. We'll keep it as a purely internal route for now until the current conflict is resolved, but if you can guarantee safe passage from the military and its allies, I'm confident we can negotiate with any Federalist patrols we encounter. To that end, since you mentioned possible funding to encourage this endeavor, would the imperial government be willing to ensure the Breezewood's route against potential acts of piracy in Rheinland space? While we take comfort in your confidence in the security of Hamburg for OS&C ships, the ability to seek compensation for any incidental expenses would go a long way to allowing us to make those runs.

If the Breezewood has relatively uneventful flights to Hamburg, I will then open up the route to the rest of the corporation. But the politics here are delicate, and I would not want to put any of my other captains in harms way if I myself would be unwilling to take such a risk.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood

OS&C|Breezewood

Subject: Happy Landings

We've managed to evacuate approximately 9,000 Rheinland passengers from Baden Baden to Hamburg. They seemed content with the compensation we offered them, mostly econonomy passengers who we upgraded to luxury accommodations on Hamburg to get our obligations to them off the books. We're going to have many vouchers floating around due to all this for years, but this will be several hundred fewer to worry about. Their reviews seem relatively positive so far, so I call this a successful proof of concept.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood

OS&C|Breezewood

Subject: Trouble on Stuttgart

I am relieved to see the security of the Stuttgart system is returning to something approaching normal with the retreat of Karlsruhe, but it seems the situation on Baden Baden is still problematic. I've heard unconfirmed reports of an arrest of an OS&C official by the Imperial police and the loss of contact with one of our liners, the Martinique. I've been out of the loop here in the Omicrons, and I was hoping you could shed some light on what's happening on Baden from your end.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood

OS&C|Breezewood