Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Velvet Zoners Leadership; From: Bretonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Assam
To: Velvet Government/High Command

To whom it may concern,

I am the appointed Governor-General of Exeter, I serve as a commodore in the Bretonian Armed Forces and my name is Elizabeth Hall. I represent the Government of the Kingdom of Bretonia in the Exeter System and make decisions in its name. As someone who had lived on Gran Canaria for years before it became Exeter, although I am natively Bretonian, I felt sincerely disappointed by the manner with which the subject was handled. I hereby send my question to Velvet, as a Zoner party: are you interested in some unused land on Planet Exeter?

[Image: clvpgq5.png]
Commodore
Governor-General of Exeter
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
[Image: RiI9R42.jpg]
[Image: 4Bc8Fyk.png]
==Incoming Transmission==
ID: Max Cosmatopolis, Velvet Command.
Date: 2nd of March, 827 A.S.
Encryption: ***Unbeatable***
Subject: Exeter Land.

Max adjusts themself and speaks in a professional manner.

"This communication was a surprise, I am Max Cosmatopolis, Velvet Commander. I'm interested in hearin' you out about this land, but if I don't like what I hear I hope you will respect me having the option to refuse. Exeter was messy and members within Velvet, myself included personally disagree in how it was handled but I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

Max Out"

Max turns off the comm link after a respectful nod.

Max Cosmatopolis- Velvet Command
== End Transmission==

Esteemed Mrs Mr Commander Cosmatopolis,

Are you able to send me evidence that Velvet owned land on Planet Exeter before the annexation? No worries if you are not. I will still be willing to offer you land, though then it will be a purchase and not a return.

By the way, can you please tell me what you would like me to refer to you with? Your message held no key to whether I should use Mrs or Mr and I felt that you may be offended if I used a face recognition software without your permission. I want to believe that people are more than functions.

Commodore
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
Date: 3rd of March, 827 A.S.

Max speaks in a polite manner.

"Unfortunately because Velvet only existed after Gran Canaria was annexed we have no proof of land ownership but, in all things I'm assumin' there's a catch to this offer but like I said before I will hear you out.

And as for your polite request, Mr or Mrs don't work for me personally. Ind. works or honestly plain simple Max.

Max Out"

== End Transmission==

Esteemed Ind Cosmatopolis,

There indeed is a "catch", as you called it. There is a terrorist organization that currently operates on Exeter and they claim to fight for the Zoners. They call themselves the GCA, or the Gran Canarian Army. Their ways are violent and have already produced casualties on both sides. Space is their area of operations too, and a few days ago one of their fighters joined an Enclave fleet, the same Enclave that glassed Leeds, in their attack against BAF ships. Luckily for us, their pilots have no formal training, so this one was shot down in less than a minute by one of our ensigns. If they continue like this, at best they will injure themselves, but at worst someone else too. I had rather that neither them nor anyone else has to suffer. I believe, or at least hope, that their movement will shrink in size if they lose support from enough relevant Zoner parties, and thus reduce the number of innocent souls that their demagogy can seduce to harm themselves or someone else. Furthermore, I wish all Zoners to know that if they want land on Exeter, they should use diplomacy, not weapons.

I am willing to sell Velvet a 7854 square kilometers parcel of unused land (a circle with a 50 km radius, in other words) of your choice on Planet Exeter for 50,000,000 credits, under the condition that Velvet publicly condemns the GCA and especially their violent and Un-Zonerly ways. This territory would be nearly completely independent from the Kingdom of Bretonia. The limiting clauses of our agreement would, for example, require all spaceships going to and from the independent territory to use the Bretonian docking ring/mooring fixture, ban Velvet from harbouring criminals and enemies of Bretonia, and alike. It is implied that Velvet would not pay taxes to Bretonia nor have to abide by Bretonian law within your territory, with the exception of the "harbouring criminals" clause and similar. Please tell me if you are still interested, so I can draft you a treaty.

Commodore
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
Date: 3rd of March, 827 A.S.

Max speaks in a polite manner.

"What you are talking about is a Zoner reservation on Gran Canaria, a prospect which is daunting to say the least. I shall need time to consider your offer with my other leaders, as for us denouncing GCA well they don't like us too much for being "bystanders" as it where. However if you can show us clear concrete proof of them working with the Enclave then that paints them in a bad light, because recently the Enclave threatened all Zoner Administrators and Factions and have declared us a enemy. The Enclave threatened all Zoners, not just Velvet so any evidence of GCA working with the Enclave show that they are working with a enemy of Zoner neutrality and peace.

With that evidence I can also call other Zoner faction leaders and administrators to potentially also denounce GCA, but that shall be my side of things. Another thing is, this reservation won't be on Exeter. I request that Gran Canaria be a second official name for Planet Exeter, in a sense the planet can be officially referred to as Gran Canaria or Planet Exeter.

Max Out"

== End Transmission==

We have some footage of the battle, but none of it is conclusive. The pilot who took it is a recent recruit and it seems he cares more about personal glory than proper documentation, as all that is recorded are his ship kills. Without this, would you still be willing to condemn the GCA based on their violent ways and not their cooperation with the Enclave?

Concerning toponymy, that can be settled if Velvet recognizes that Planet Exeter/Gran Canaria, no matter the name, is sovereign territory of the Kingdom of Bretonia.

Commodore
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
Date: 7th of March, 827 A.S.

Max debates internally before sending the message, it weighed heavily on their conscience.

"GCA doesn't like us already, they blame us for Canaria loosing. It's a difficult time for Zoners, we are being pulled every which way and keeping our neutrality has become more and more difficult as outside forces cut at our reputation. A reputation that the GCA is tarnishing, but they weren't the first to fight against you and I doubt they will be the last., still the prospect of land. With no proof you put us in a bad spot, 50km by 50km is well quite small in the grand scheme of things. We humbly request this be upgraded to 75km and doing what you ask shall be less difficult.

Max Out"

== End Transmission==

There has been a mathematical misunderstanding. The area is not 50 by 50 kilometers, but a circle with the radius (not diameter) of 50 kilometers. An area of 75 by 75 kilometers has the surface of 5625 kilometers square, but the area which I proposed to give has 7854. I opted for a 50 kilometer radius circle because that is what I have already given the OSI and it would only be fair to give Velvet the same. Are you still sure that you want a 75 by 75 square?

Commodore
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
Date: 8th of March, 827 A.S.

Max speaks in a friendly manner.

"Apologies for any confusion, I meant radius. The unusual conditions of the circumstances caught me off-guard for a moment. I am aware this is a significant increase compared to your original offer but the fact is that Velvet is a military organization, the defense force of the Zoners. Our ships are significantly larger then typical Zoner fare and we fully expect our fellow Zoners will count on our services on the planet. This means offices, docks, training facilities, in addition to housin' and other civilian matters. Of course, this has benefits to Bretonia as well.

With Velvets presence no additional forces or resources would be needed of Bretonia to ensure the peace and security of the Zoner populace, somethin' with many Zoners would feel uncomfortable with regardless giving the happenings Exeter. I kindly request you consider our counteroffer of a territory of a 75 km radius. We are, of course, willin' to provide more compensation in return. As you are asking 50 million credits for a 50 km radius, offering 75 million credits seems like an appropriate amount.

Max Out"

== End Transmission==
Pages: 1 2 3