Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Commisioning of The Ansible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Commissioning of The Ansible
"So, Mikael, are we almost done here?! The Ceremony is in an hour!" My name is Luther Czan. I am a self made millionaire turned rogue by the disgusting pigs of the government. I am approx. 34 years of age, and am about to undergo one of the greatest honors in history. "Its almost done. There! You happy now?!" This is Mikael, my Chief Engineer. He's a little older than me... by little i mean around 10-15 years.. but he's an ingenious mechanic. He's also a stubborn ass, but hey, I can deal. Sigh, "Whatever, just get it all done by the end of the hour, I will not have anything go wrong... Where The Hell Is Marcus?!" That young man with the spiked hair and glasses, running down the hall towards me is Marcus, my second in command. He may be only 26, but he's the best there is. "Right here sir! Everything's going great, but the caterer wants to know what wine to serve.","Wine? Champagne! Champagne and Vodka! Damn it, we have 45 minutes to do this people!" And i'm here arguing over drinks..

15 minutes later its no better.. Wolfsburg was built to be efficient and elegant... but not for this many people I think... and looming over everyone was a brilliant set of stained glass holograms painted onto the windows. Everything was finally running smoothly and it all came down to the last 10 minutes.. "Okay, Officer Roll Call! Second Marcus?","Here sir!","Chief Navigations Officer Hanz?","Here and ready to fly this beauty.","Alright, Chief of Security Ferdinand?","Aye, me and my marines are ready Sir!","Good, Chief Engineer Mikael?","Here! Where the bloody else would I be?!","Heh, good, all accounted for then. Take your seats gentlemen, the show's about to begin...."

A mysterious voice comes over the speakers.. "Komrades in arms, I thank you for coming to such a graceful and glorious occasion. Today another one of our ships will take to the stars to fight against the vicious and ruthless government of the Kanzler. And with that ship comes a new Kapitan, so let me introduce to you, Luther Czan." And here we go, up the steps, to the podium, and this is it... all this time preparing for this moment. "Hello, I am Luther Czan, and thank you for coming. I am the soon to be Kapitan of the ship behind me... which you cannot see yet 'cause the men here at Wolfsburg like surprises" Well that got some laughs at least... "I really don't have much to say other than Cheers! For the Fatherland! Now, let us drink and be merry!","Hehe, Not so fast komrade. We cannot forget the most important part." My very own Kapitan's Wings.. And look at that baby.. The holograms must have been turned off when I was talking... my ship... The Ansible. "Thank you Kommander. Now, please let me get you some Champagne, or Vodka... Or both!" The night went smoothly and it couldn't have gone better. But the next day was the really important one. "Number two, Status Report.","Engineering reports full green, Security and Logistics as well. Weapons are all online. Engines are fully charged and awaiting your command. I'm getting green all across the board Sir.","Excellent, Hanz, whats your situation?","I'm almost done calibrating the controls to the planar maps sir. Another minute or so to achieve synchronicity with the engine room.... I'll be done in 3 minutes sir!" "Sounds like a plan, put me on intercom.. Crew, this is your Kapitan speaking. We are about to embark on our maiden voyage. Let us show the corrupt Rheinlanders the ferocity of the Hessian yards! For the Fatherland!" And with that roar of applause echoing throughout the ship.. Its go time. "Hanz, you have the all clear, Full forward, take us out..." And so, this is it, with the roar of our engines and the blast of our guns.. Watch out Rheinland.. The Ansible is coming for ya...

//As always feel free to comment on the work ^^ ~Neronian