Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Alster Union Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I feel it is time to see what needs to be said on this faction. We need a bit more activity, dedication and a pair of new members since most of our current members are engaged with development stuff currently. Apart from that it will be good to hear if there is something lacking or needs to be remedied. Constructive recommendations are always welcome.

that is quite possibly the longest faction status I've ever read. It's very well done too. I'd like to see you guys get a few more members, but seeing as how the Unioneers are really a niche faction I understand low activity. If you see a RepEx feel free to come after us.
All I have to say is up the activity a bit, because I do like you lot.
I will be very glad if somebody could feed us back with the spelling, grammar and punctuation errors in this thread. And also more opinions would be cool.
Actually, i have a few questions:

1 Quebec? Why, You would have to transit either Texas to Minnesota to get to Quebec, or go thru Braunschweig (RM Home system) to Bremen to New Hampshire to get to Quebec.

2 New York? I thought the AU was was made up of dispossessed RHINELAND shipyard workers who had a beef with Republican shipping and the RHINELAND government? You would have to make it past the LN, LPI, LSF, Xenos, and I am pretty sure the LR might not be too happy with ya coming in stirring up trouble for them. Something to think about.

3 Texas? Good luck there, with the LN breathing down you necks. Perhaps getting things in order at home first would be an idea before you take a bigger bite.

A long look at your ZOI would be important I would think, I have never seen any AU NPCs in all of liberty.....

Other than that, I can see that a lot of effort has gone into this. A faction page with History is always a good read.

Good Luck.
Only met one of you in game, and I was on my LWB so we were just sort of chatting amicably, nothing really happened. But from what I've seen on the forums, you've got one of my favourite set-ups of any faction. The jobs board, licenses and stuff are a good thing, and a strong set up to get those in the faction really involved and active within it. No idea how well it works in practice, but I can imagine if I was in the union, it would be my favourite faction. Focus on that stuff and advertise it as unique from the other factions. Hopefully the members will come! I'd join up, only 40% of my characters are Rheinland unlawfuls already.
' Wrote:Actually, i have a few questions:

1 Quebec? Why, You would have to transit either Texas to Minnesota to get to Quebec, or go thru Braunschweig (RM Home system) to Bremen to New Hampshire to get to Quebec.

2 New York? I thought the AU was was made up of dispossessed RHINELAND shipyard workers who had a beef with Republican shipping and the RHINELAND government? You would have to make it past the LN, LPI, LSF, Xenos, and I am pretty sure the LR might not be too happy with ya coming in stirring up trouble for them. Something to think about.

3 Texas? Good luck there, with the LN breathing down you necks. Perhaps getting things in order at home first would be an idea before you take a bigger bite.

A long look at your ZOI would be important I would think, I have never seen any AU NPCs in all of liberty.....

Other than that, I can see that a lot of effort has gone into this. A faction page with History is always a good read.

Good Luck.
First off, thanks for spending the time to point out your opinions.

As for the questions, I can say that Quebec somehow managed to remain in our ZOI list. I guess it did so from 4.84 because we were planning to encourage our pilots to chart new systems and discover wrecks which could be useful in their career advancement. However, there is no real need to keep such systems in our ZOI list from now on as they are meant to be visited only under special circumstances. There is no need to state them at all.

As for activities in New York and Texas, it is very unlikely to see Unioners in New York frequently. They tend to stay in Bering most of the times since shipments passing by are their major concern for now. But then again they might move into Texas from time to time especially if they sense the Navy is busy with something else - like fighting the RM off maybe - and their response is likely to be slow.

As for Rogues and LR, I don't think that Unioners would stir up any trouble for them but the other corporate organizations of Liberty instead.

There are no Unioner NPCs in Omega-7, 11 or Sigma-17 either, some systems we really plan to use in the long term. You know, factions may broaden their zone of interests in some special cases according to their objectives and goals.
an AU member stumbles across a RM and LN fighting, who does he help and why?
' Wrote:an AU member stumbles across a RM and LN fighting, who does he help and why?
None. Unioners are more inclined to start a second front in Texas, counter the Liberty Navy while they fight with RM and put up resistance in Bering and Hudson in order to protect their supply routes. The longer each military battles, the better for us.
dear god it was long but perfectly writen... nice work:)

Unioners doesnt need to join sair or oc aliance... they should join red hessian aliance counting all Rheinland-based unlawful (yet) factions:)

btw: your logo is ... ehm... provocative:)
Pages: 1 2 3 4