Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Dkt Enfield || Subj: Government of Rheinland, War Status Report #1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: G7ApsGC.png]
Generaloberinspektor Müller
[Image: mnhfMji.png]

Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts
Encrypted Video Transmission

.......● RECIPIENTS:.........Geoffrey Enfield
.......● SENDER:-..............Moritz Müller
.......● LOCATION:............Planet Weimar
.......● PRIORITY:..............█ █ █ █ █
.......● SUBJECT:..............Government of Rheinland, War Status Report #1

I will speak frankly sir. The situation is dire.

Direct contact with most of our ground forces in New Berlin and Hamburg has been lost. My lieutenants Hauptinspektors Landers, Blucher and Ruppenthal are MIA.
  • MND and Loyalist Military forces are fighting the military coup in every sector of every system in Rheinland. With each passing hour the enemy activates and sends more units into the fight. We have better equipment and training but matters little against raw numbers. It has become a war of attrition, Direktor.

• We now have a clear picture of how it all started. Military forces attacked the Government Headquarters, Sector #11 where the Chancellor along with other ministers were to attend a ceremony on Monday 8 am, Sirius Mean Time. However the attack failed because the ceremony had been cancelled so the government members were not there.

• The Chancellor of Rheinland along with most ministers of her cabinet have been moved out of New Berlin at great sacrifice as we had to break through the blockade. They are currently in █████ and on their way to Weimar.

• Ground Marine Divisions I, II, VI, XII, XXX in New Berlin are defending the core sectors of the capital including the Bundestag, the Federal Chancellery and the Halle der Helden. They are vastly outnumbered and no matter how many we eliminate, more enemy divisions keep pouring in. An hour ago I authorized the elite Marine Division "Nörd" to reinforce our positions, our last reserve.

Direktor, I understand the need to fight on every front in order to maintain the idea that we can win this war. However this is no longer tenable! Our losses are too great. We have to shrink our vastly outstretched front by abandoning whole systems and concentrate on specific theaters.

In the meantime the BDM Inspektorat will intensify the search for Professor Hans von Albrecht and heir to the Imperial throne. If there is any way to defeat this war, is by going for the head.

From,

Generaloberinspektor Moritz Müller
Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts, Oberkommando

[Image: 4JW6mkq.png]
[Image: jalXrf3.png]

Message End

[Image: 1nKHql9.png]
Direktor Enfield

.......● RECIPIENTS:.........Moritz Müller
.......● CARBON COPY:....--
.......● SENDER:-..............Geoffrey Enfield
.......● SUBJECT:..............RE: War Status Report #1

To: Generaloberinspektor Moritz Müller

I'm informing you that our raiding parties are successfully holding the navy at bay and allowing a large amount of civilians flee to safezones but we're looking to reform this method very soon. As of this moment we're evacuating the last of the Federal civilians from the far reaches of Stuttgart which is the furthest of our population safe-zone.

As this moment, while MND forces are currently out numbered. The Imperial forces have more issues on their hand such as territorial consolidation on the main planets currently engulfed by rioting and skirmishing by Federalist resistance: New-Berlin, Munich, Hammersee and Stuttgart. Our MND raiding parties are currently continuing while the bulk of our force (Namely capital ships) are reinforcing zones the Thuringia safe-zone.

Ground divisions I, II, IV, XII, XXX are to be sent the burst transmission of "Blooded-Dawn" protocol. they're under orders to scuttle the buildings along with their sensitive-data and their detonators to be done with dead-man switches. They are to all be immediately be listed as KIA unless contact can be made with any remnant survivors, these agents are trained killers and I want the Military to understand their last breath will be over a mountain of dead Imperials... I also want copies of their dog-tags mailed to my barracks on Weimar.

And most importantly, the Chencellor and her remaning cabinet are to be detained for their safety once they reach weimar, I want background checks on all personnel that arrive planetside along with their financial records screened and prepared. I don't want these people selling us out at a whim because their bank accounts are in jeopardy. As far as I'm concerned, all their political protections and right to privacy are no longer valid.

From,

Direktor Geoff Enfield

[Image: gC44zb5.png]
[Image: nr1x4OM.png]

Message End

Orders received.

I will also send you all the dog-tags of all the marines that died in order to protect the Chancellor and her safe passage to Weimar.

Direktor I must admit that I am unable to understand how the coup instigators pulled this operation, across multiple systems before we even caught wind of it. They knew exactly where to strike and when to strike. It cannot be coincidental. The Inspektorat used to operate a backdoor on RM communication channels in order to monitor their conversations. This was our eyes. Yet somehow they found the backdoor and closed it a few hours before the attack against the Chancellor was made.

As the Generaloberinspektor of the BDM Inspektorat the overall task of Internal Surveillance was my responsibility, yet I failed my duties. Direktor, I am sending you my resignation in order to relieve me from my command post.

From,

Message End

[Image: 1nKHql9.png]
Direktor Enfield

.......● RECIPIENTS:.........Moritz Müller
.......● CARBON COPY:....--
.......● SENDER:-..............Geoffrey Enfield
.......● SUBJECT:..............RE: War Status Report #1

To: Generaloberinspektor Moritz Müller

You can't blame yourself for the loss of these agents, that's my job. When they swore themselves in under the Republik, they sought it under me to be responsible for the absolute leadership of the Buro. Even if we were a few hours too late to hear when their assault began, it was enough of a warning to get our forces primed for a violent and catastrophic internal conflict but in the face of it, I never expect us to instantly undermine and thwart their attempt. Only time will tell, but I have hope of this outcome bringing a brighter future for the Republik and the Buro who's agents fight for it.

I'll also give you another choice, you may step down as Generaloberinspektor and remain within the Buro... We can't lose skilled intelligence officers now but I will let you decide where you wish to be in the fight against the imperials. I won't stop you from resigning, but if you have even the slightest doubt about casting aside your badge-- Listen to it.

Since I have your notice of resignation, I will grant you 12 hours to respond with an "Request of Withdrawal". Please take the time to consider on this act.

From,

Direktor Geoff Enfield

[Image: gC44zb5.png]
[Image: nr1x4OM.png]

Message End

I have listened.

Direktor, I am a soldier first and foremost. I understand that you cannot replace your lieutenants during such a critical moment in our history, so I will remain in my post until the current crisis is over, one way or another.

However this does not mean I intend to escape from my responsibilities. You will have my resignation at the right moment and time.

From,

Message End