Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Osiris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
' Wrote:hold on, it's not sold on Tripoli anymore? So just Evora?

Correct and you might want to check out the info. card on the Osiris.

McNeo - Yes , I never meant for these changes to affect the battle performance of the ship , only it's survivability. I'll quote Jinx again "You don't need to see a fireball , in order to win a fight ... " wich makes sense really . The actual destruction of an Osiris should be a rare sight , like I stated above , the Order simply cannot produce a new one fast enough to replace one lost in combat , that is why they will most probably try to enhance it's survivability.
i think a shortened cruise charge is reasonable - but i m not sure if it really works. - isn t the osiris engine the same that the Li DN has? - so if we changed the osiris to 50% charge time - wouldn t the lib dn charge quicker, too?
Both engines seem to be similar to one another , but they are actually quite different from a sheer visual point of view. Of course they might be one and the same engine made to look a bit different from one another , however I cannot say that for sure.
' Wrote:Well , I'm not the one to say what is possible and what not , so I'll agree to this.
Don't know , it will be able to catch up to other Battleships that way , wich would mean that they won't be able to use kiting againts the Osiris. But that brings up the question , wich Battleship needs to kit againt the Osiris ? Still , that would be abit much , so I would stick to what I've suggested above.

yea..it can also use for slowly get out of CD range and start the cruise engine while not getting CD spam by enemy...Osiris suppose to go faster with that little armour and turrets..plus the cloak device is unmounted..
' Wrote:yea..it can also use for slowly get out of CD range and start the cruise engine while not getting CD spam by enemy...Osiris suppose to go faster with that little armour and turrets..plus the cloak device is unmounted..

That is incorrect , Lancer. If the Osiris is to really be buffed , in order to slowly reach an impulse speed , needed to get away from CD range , then that speed will need to be 140m/s , not 100 m/s. Because ships that are able to mount a CD can also mount a thruster , thus easily catching up the Osiris , even with its increased speed of 100 m/s.

' Wrote:That is incorrect , Lancer. If the Osiris is to really be buffed , in order to slowly reach an impulse speed , needed to get away from CD range , then that speed will need to be 140m/s , not 100 m/s. Because ships that are able to mount a CD can also mount a thruster , thus easily catching up the Osiris , even with its increased speed of 100 m/s.

oh...forgot Battleship cant use CD anymore...and if it has a faster speed than normal battleship..it can give Osiris a chance to slowly get away from it.(and only 10m/s extra is not that fast).remember..Order is not that rich..they have limited amount of Osiris and Order engineer is always trying to make Osiris has better chance to survive from the combat, that's why there were a cloak device on it...getting away from combat..either use cruise or normal speed..it's still the priority..Osiris it's not an Assault Battleship like many other houses, that's why it has weaker hull than most BS and only has 12 turrets..and Order do have the techonology to make an very offensive Heavy Assault Battleship..
No objections to the proposals in the original post. I've always noticed, whenever we get a lone Osiris in Eta and I come out to meet it and it realizes it's horribly outgunned and turns to run, that I can still CD it and catch it, which isn't in line with that ship's modus operandi, and to RP with it I have actually on the three or four occasions when I've encountered an Order Osiris, dropped out of cruise and let him RP his cloak activating. It would be nice if he could outrun me on his own and get his distance so that wouldn't be necessary.
' Wrote:what makes me laugh though is the fact that most cruisers have more guns than the osiris an with a good cruiser pilot could kill it with ease.

Killing Osiris in any cruiser is entirely impossible. Well it is possible, if the Osiris sits in one place and doesn't fire.
' Wrote:Killing Osiris in any cruiser is entirely impossible. Well it is possible, if the Osiris sits in one place and doesn't fire.

it might be possible if cruiser missile turrets actually worked, and didnt use up 50% energy to fire.
' Wrote:Killing Osiris in any cruiser is entirely impossible. Well it is possible, if the Osiris sits in one place and doesn't fire.

That is why I never said that it is utterly impossible to perform such a feat.

Anyway , Mjolnir , what do you think about this ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6