Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Osiris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
' Wrote:Well, Lancer-X, what is osiris suppose to do? What scenarios should it win?

Right now it pwns bombers and solo battleships, Solo cruisers are no problem at all.... It dies however to GB and Cruiser spamm...

i think it suppose to..well..in the use of tactics..strike enemy hard then retreat to safe distance..and strike again...this will requires teamwork..of course..it takes teamwork to take the Osiris down too....just like the insurgents against the well armed militaries...put your Osiris right into battle it just suicidal...so basicly i just want Osiris as an long fire support..and have the ability to retreat to safe distance while reloading ammo or whatever....use Osiris as an Assault Battleship is just totally stupid..without teamwork..it's not good at against anything unless it's Battleship 1v1 which is not really going to happen in real combat situation..

the situation it wins is..long range fire support for assault forces (bomber, fighter, Destroyer, Carrier)
The question is... can't it do that now?

From what we tried it was very capable of that, face away from the enemy BS and bombard it, if enemy bs uses reverse, Osiris reverses faster. Basically once osiris gets into 2.5-3k facing away from the big BS, the big BS can just as well pack it.

' Wrote:The question is... can't it do that now?

From what we tried it was very capable of that, face away from the enemy BS and bombard it, if enemy bs uses reverse, Osiris reverses faster. Basically once osiris gets into 2.5-3k facing away from the big BS, the big BS can just as well pack it.

yes..but you cant strike & retreat..since everyone's forward speed is same..distance wont change and you will be still in enemy's firing range..if the forward speed is faster..it can retreat to safe area to recharge the weapon (such as motar/Heavy motar)..that's what insurgent does..strike..retreat..hide..strike..retreat..hide..then repeat..
I think I by Osiris because it's my dream to fly on it. But I look for enother BS, and see more good to me : Legat. Very good BS
' Wrote:yes..but you cant strike & retreat..since everyone's forward speed is same..distance wont change and you will be still in enemy's firing range..if the forward speed is faster..it can retreat to safe area to recharge the weapon (such as motar/Heavy motar)..that's what insurgent does..strike..retreat..hide..strike..retreat..hide..then repeat..

No you can't, but you can manage to keep the distance. So no moving "in".

With faster speed it would get very good against groups of cruisers as well as beeing able to run if it gets too close to other BS.

Meaning it would loose the only disadvantages it has.
' Wrote:No you can't, but you can manage to keep the distance. So no moving "in".

With faster speed it would get very good against groups of cruisers as well as beeing able to run if it gets too close to other BS.

Meaning it would loose the only disadvantages it has.

i dont think 10m/s extra speed would make a big different if it gets way too close(the strafe speed is 15m/s..)..plus..if it gets too close Osiris will die anyway under heavy battleship's insane damage output..and..Cruiser has Thruster..get away is impossible
Well , I have to admit I had hopes for these small changes to be implemented into the new release. Since that didn't happen , I want to know if they are considered "plausible to be in".
well according to the changelog, stuff was done to the carrier and necrosis, but I havent found any differences yet
' Wrote:Well , I have to admit I had hopes for these small changes to be implemented into the new release. Since that didn't happen , I want to know if they are considered "plausible to be in".

Since half the players still have the old engine, I'd wait some time to see how they do with the much faster reverse.
' Wrote:Since half the players still have the old engine, I'd wait some time to see how they do with the much faster reverse.

If am not mistaken , that problem was solved last beta. However , I did ask for my engine to be fixed in order to see the new reverse speed of the Osiris.

For that matter , I can say that I have tried it out , I wont say test , because I haven't spend hours upon hours of doing just that , however what I can say is that it is very useful and helpful in a fight. But that is another topic of it's own.

I want to get something clear , I do not want to turn the Osiris into an uber ship. I'm satisfied with it's performance. These changes I have suggested are not directed towards enhancing PvP , but RP. They will not have a large effect on combat.

Eternal
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6