Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Orbital Spa & Cruise, From: Med Force Enterprises, Subj: Vessel purchase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: MFE-top-logo-noloop.gif]

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Jill Xi
To: Orbital Spa & Cruise (OSC)

Dear friends,

Not long ago while taking a cruise I was aboard one of your ferries (a Dorado) and I was simply overwhelmed with the craftsmanship and design.

As you may have seen, Med Force Enterprises (MFE) is determined to provide healthcare and medical aid to anyone in need of assistance. We therefore wish to acquire 50 CST-010 "Dorado" OSC Ferry vessels so we can have them modified to be used as Medical Rescue vessels throughout the sector and beyond.

I understand this may be a large order and seeing this vessel is a sheer beauty you must certainly be very, very busy. We therefore want to have our vessels to be delivered without the luxurious interior as they shall be refitted to serve as ambulances afterwards.

Also, we have noticed during our trail runs that the power core is incompatible with our onboard computers and flight software. We would very much welcome if you could have a look at that before final delivery (if and when accepted of course).

I look forward to hear from you.

Yours truly,

Jill Xi, PharmD,
Station Administrator, Med Force General-B
Med Force Enterprises

[Image: MFE-Sig-Jill-Xi.png]

- - - - Incoming Transmission - - - -

[Image: Titanic-Second-Officer-Charles-Lightoller.jpg]

ID: Jonathan Seabourne

To: Jill Xi, Med Force Enterprises

Subject: Dozens of Dorados

Greetings friend,

You've a fine taste in vessels. The Dorado is unique suited for medical applications with a large interior that is designed for people to walk around easily since it was intended as an observation deck and lounge. The modifications to make it a field hospital are straightforward, I've done them myself in the past. During the Leeds Evac in the Gallic War, we retooled the Breezewood's shuttle Day Tripper into such a configuration, just enough to keep casualties stable while we got them to a "real" hospital on New London. The observation windows also seemed to help with the healing process as it kept our passengers/patients distracted.

That being said, I did a double take when I saw your order. Is that a typo, or do you really want 50 (fifty, 10*5, half of one hundred) of the craft?
That's enough to constitute your own shipping company! We might be able to fill that order, MIGHT, but it will take coordination on our parts to fill that delivery.

As for the power compatibility, our engineers might be able to work something out. I still have the specs for the mods we made during the war for a basic medical craft, I'm sure they'll be a good starting point with your experts to get a functional prototype that can serve your needs. If you could send some of your people to Curacao, we'd be happy to host them while we hash out some details one what is hopefully the first of many such craft.

It's an honor to work along side your organization in Rheinland during the current conflict, and the only reason I hope we have no need for such partnerships in the future is because Sirius runs out of crises for us to address.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood
Director, White Star Lines Division
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Orbital Spa and Cruise

> > > > Closing Transmission < < < <

[Image: PojtqNs.png]
OS&C|Breezewood
Where Angels Fear to Tread

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Jill Xi
To: Orbital Spa & Cruise (OSC)

Dear Mr. Seabourne,

Thank you for your swift response. It pleases me to hear that your engineering crews have experience in outfitting these fine vessels to serve as field hospitals albeit I do regret the circumstances for doing so.

The order is indeed for fifty vessels in total yet I understand that an order of this size may be a drain on your resources not to mention the engineers in charge of ship assembly. Since MFE is still busy to hire and train personnel I can safely say that the order of 50 ships can be done in stages as to give your engineers the time to built them as well as MFE to train first-response teams who can work with both the ship and medical equipment onboard.

As most of our engineers and working crews are busy with making our Med Force General-B hospital in Omicron Theta ready for the start of operations on Tuesday the 21st of April me and two EMS staff will personally come to Curacao as to talk about the details of the project and our wishes for outfitting the vessels.

Last but most important, I would like to invite you and your staff to attend the official opening of the Med Force General-B station. This opening will take place on Sunday 19th of April at 17:00UTC at the station in Omicron Theta. The program is shown below:

16:00 - 17:00 Onboarding;
17:00 - 17:30 Welcome word by Doctor John Holliday and station administrator Ms. Jill Xi;
17:30 - 18:30 Social event (main area) and (optionally) First-Aid training by Med Force Staff (area B);
18:30 - 20:00 Facility tours (please follow the designated group leader, this is printed on your valet ticket);
20:00 - 23:00 Social event and party.

Again, thank you for sharing your expertise, friendliness and support.

Yours truly,

Jill Xi, PharmD,
Med Force Enterprises

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Jill Xi, PharmD
To: Orbital Spa & Cruise (OS&C)

Dear Mr. Seabourne, Jonathan,

I would like to thank you and your engineering crews for providing me with a perfectly outfitted and customised Dorado class vessel as well as your generous offer to 'take it for a spin' whilst not avoiding 'scratching her paint'.

Now I must admit that I was a bit worried when you mentioned this especially when I noticed the 'joy' in the eyes of my fellow engineers who accompanied me. Yet there's a time to be bold and accept a given gift so we set off to help those in need of medical assistance. As to provide the safety and privacy of our patients I cannot disclose the times, locations nor the names of the patients we've assisted but suffice to say it was a busy trip towards our Med Force General-B facility in Omicron-Theta.

The Dorado vessel was one of the prime attractions during the opening ceremony of our facility. I have seldom seen so many people gather around a vessel in the cargo bay yet I must admit that your engineers did a marvellous job. Not only was the Dorado marked with the MFE name it was even outfitted with the lights suiting for any medical vessel.

[Image: Screenshot-2020-04-19-at-19-41-46.png]

As to your response to our initial request we have talked to your engineering staff and crews and, also based on our own prospects, we have decided to place an order for 20 vessels at first with the option to place an order for a further 30 vessels the next year. Despite the swiftness of your crews getting this fully functional try-out vessel ready, we understand the time and effort which goes into building vessels like this Medical Rescue equipped Dorado.

Since the vessel we have received to 'take out for a spin' is almost 100% to our enjoyment I would like to make an appointment to discuss the purchase of 20 Dorado class vessels modified to rescue and emergency care crafts.

Yours truly,

Jill Xi, PharmD,
Med Force Enterprises

[/font]

To: Jill XIm Med Force Enterprises

Subject: Dorado

Greetings friend,

I'm glad you enjoyed the Dorado. I haven't spent nearly as much time as I would have liked in my own shuttles of that model, but they'll serve you well. At OS&C, we're happy to help meet the future needs of Med Force Enterprises. Let us know what you'd have us do, and we'll be happy to do what we can to get more of our ships flying the friendly skies of Sirius. I pass far too many industrial hulks making their journeys between the stars, I look forward to seeing more stylish birds along my routes.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood

OS&C|Breezewood

* incoming transmission *

Comm ID..... Jill Xi, PharmD
Location....... Bethlehem Station, Pennsylvania System
To:..................... Orbital Spa & Cruise (OS&C)

Dear Captain Breezewood, Jonathan,

Thank you for your response. As you may know the ambulance crew and myself are still busy with acceptance trials and thus far we stand by our previous message that we adore this Dorado vessel. Not only is it a very fast and agile craft, it also has a spacious interior which gives our medics plenty of working space when providing care for patients during what we call: "Life-Flights".

As with every trial run, some things have become more clear which we would very much like to have solved before we place our final order for 19 more Dorado vessels.

We mentioned the issues below to your engineers yet it would be more fitting if an executive supported that request as I can understand that it may not only be a technical detail but also one which may involve a government decision regarding the regulations for vessels of this kind.

The following issues have been discovered during our trial runs:

1. Insufficient power
    The power plant has an reduced output. Our test flights have shown that at times it does not provide more than approx. 10 percent of the output specified. While this is not a hindrance during flight, we have found it to limit the possibility to run our onboard medical equipment during times of need as well as charging our mobile medical units to provide onsite or extravehicular support.

2. Emergency exterior notification lights
    The exterior strobe lights, those which mark this vessel as one fit for an emergency rescue vessel, cannot be activated or shut down upon request. Not all our flights are those where we are in a true emergency. At times it's merely interhospital patient or medication transportation for which emergency lights as well as the need for a siren are not mandatory. Our pilots furthermore insist to the addition of a Neuralnet-Comms siren as this makes it clear that the vessel needs priority passage, clearance and/or docking.

I hope you can help us with these two requests for it would certainly mean that our crews can do the best in what they are trained for. To provide care for those in need.

Sincerely,

[Image: Jill-Signed.png]
Jill Xi, Pharm.D,
Hospital Administrator, Med Force General-B
Med Force Enterprises

To: Jill Xi, Med Force Enterprises

Subject: Dorado Modifications

Greetings friend,

Ah, power allocation, quite the tricky mistress. I was pleased to see your Dorado in action making pick-up on that Outcast gunboat in New York the other day, but I'm sorry to hear that you currently have to chose between keeping your equipment running and keeping your guns firing. The hardware of the Dorado was designed with OS&C software in mind to run it, so a lot of our systems are hard-wired into the vessel itself. Trying to replace our opperating systems with something different means a lot of those microchips are lying idle and unused, like running an emulator on a computer to imitate a different piece of harware. We've run into similar issues trying to retrofit a Lucullus liner from Gallia to run on Sirius-compatible operating systems, and it's at the point where it might be easiest just to gut the damn thing and install a full liner inside the shell.

To that end, I can authorize some of our engineers from Curacao to retrofit your ambulance more aggressively. However, compromising the hull to install the extra lighting is probably a little out outside our expertise. If you want to put a hole in a spaceship hull and have it not leak, perhaps we should wrangle DSE in on this and see if their facilities in New York might be better suited to those modifications. Otherwise, bring her back to Curacao and we'll see if you can't have guns and operating table lights online at the same time.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood

OS&C|Breezewood