Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: GMG Guildmasters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: xC1xU1S.jpg]

To GMG Guildmastery:

Good day, my name is Anita Raichert, Director of Shipping for ALG. I hope this message finds you well. As you may be aware, the current situation in Rheinland is starting to deteriorate rapidly. ALG has so far remained relatively quiet as we consider our course of action, but the luxury of time is starting to run a bit thin.
I will say that ALG’s current ethos do not particularly match that of the rising Imperialist faction in Rheinland. In light of our previous relationship of cooperation in the Sigmas, we hope that we can rely on the GMG when the time for action inevitably arrives. Let us hope that the mistakes of the 80 year war will not be repeated for a second, or perhaps third time.
At this time, we are looking at building up fuel supplies to combat shortages that may occur due to conflict in the Sigma border region. Shipping Division is willing to pay bonuses for shipments of H-fuel to Wichter and Neu Augsburg, if you're interested.
We hope to keep in touch.

Regards,

Anita Raichert
Shipping Directorate
ALG Waste Disposal

[Image: 9JwWorU.png]
[Image: RRIeQCU.png]

Director Raichert,

Thank you for your message. The Guild is saddened by the Federal Republic of Rheinland's decision to dispose of a positive relationship in favour of an illegal invasion of the Sigma Systems and finds itself forced into a conflict it has no desire for, but stands its ground nonetheless, though unfortunately at great expense.

The precise inner machinations of the Bundestag remain unknown to the Gas Miners Guild, however what is known is The Guild holds ALG in great esteem and your organisation is a valued business partner and friend. The delivery of H-fuel is a task that is ordinarily entirely possible and one The Guild would gladly rise to meet. Regrettably, given the unfortunate circumstances that currently envelop the Sigmas, this is not particularly feasible at this stage. GMG resources are stretched thin and the Rheinland Military's presence in Sigma-15 and Sigma-21 in particular make fuel shipments through these systems impractical.

It is lamentable that your request must lie unmet, but it is a situation forced entirely by an overly-aggressive and misguided military. However, The Guild continues to seek a peaceful resolution to the challenges House Rheinland has decided to impose upon it and, should this goal be accomplished, is eager to resume regular business.

Cordially,

Keiji Namura
[Image: XeCrTmF.png]

Mr Namura:

Richter here. I'm sure we've spent enough time in the Sigmas together recently to obviate the need for an introduction.

I will give you a short rundown of the situation. We are hoping to keep the monarchists at bay in northeastern Rheinland bordering upon the Sigmas, where the Bundschuh have traditionally been strongest. This will be crucial if we can even hope to maintain the connection to the Crow and the Edge we have had up to this point.
Dortmund is a lost cause obviously, Wuppertal faces an uncertain future as it appears the Hessians intend to fully claim the system. We will attempt to work with them, but that has never been easy. Wichter in its isolated position may well end up as our nominal headquarters and the region our primary base of operations.

The Imperial side is representative of the militant parties that started the Sigma war in the first place, Mr Namura. If there's any hope for the democratic side to maintain ground, we will be reliant on outside help from those around us that we have maintained ties with, such as the Guild. I can't make any particularly optimistic statements on the future of democratic Rheinland but I can assure you, monarchist Rheinland would be a far worse neighbor to have.
As with our own unwavering support of the Guild and the independent Sigmas throughout war and peril, we too have an expectation of support from your side as we find ourselves in existential danger.

Regards,

Kai Richter
Security Directorate
ALG Waste Disposal

[Image: RRIeQCU.png]

Mr. Richter,

It is a pleasure to speak with you. The ALG battlecruiser Erdbeben has been of great assistance in Sigma theatre and it is invited to continue its operations in Guild space.

House Rheinland's decision to turn in on itself is one that is most unfortunate for its law-abiding citizens, who will inevitably suffer the most in its crisis. The Rheinland Military's invasion of the Sigma Systems is one The Guild has always considered illegitimate, though perhaps now there is traction for such sentiment within Rheinland, and The Guild will support, where practicable, those who share this position.

It was Rheinland's Federal Republic government that initiated its invasion and it was that Federal government that was the aggressor and root cause of our conflict. While this government is seemingly deposed, the replacement Imperial movement has not yet made it clear whether or not it intends to continue the misguided crusade of its predecessors,

From your comments it would appear likely it would intend to do so.

The Guild will continue to protect the sovereignty of its space irrespective of the political landscape in Rheinland and the assistance ALG has provided in this matter thus far is most gratefully received. Your organisation's efforts are a debt that will not go unpaid and you may consider The Guild a significant backer of your efforts for a fair, peaceful and democratic Rheinland where it is able to be so.

Cordially,

Keiji Namura
[Image: XeCrTmF.png]

Mr Namura:

Richter here.
Your weak-willed response isn't impressing me in the slightest. The Guild has yet to engage diplomatically with the Rheinland United Republic, and the patience of ALG as their primary economic power as well as, I imagine, the transitional government is likely wearing thin. I am not a fan of long diplomatic speeches, Mr Namura.
The isolationist bubble you pretend to be living in, in your Sigmas, will not be so isolationist once the monarchists put a greater focus on that border.
I am tempted to write off the northern Sigmas as a lost cause like Cologne, given how little you've given us to work with here, with your floppy, ambiguous responses to a situation that may well turn out to be the greatest military crisis facing the Guild since the great war.
I strongly suggest you reconsider your passive stance and make an effort to position yourself diplomatically in the new landscape, or I fear this seemingly rather one-sided partnership will fade.

Regards,

Kai Richter
Security Directorate
ALG Waste Disposal